Default From my friend...

....Jim Beaver:

You can go back through American history and find thousands of examples
of laws that were passed when one party or another controlled Congress,
and which the other party opposed vigorously but without enough votes.
But you do NOT find thousands or hundreds or even tens of examples of
parties holding the government hostage until they get their way, a way
their votes couldn't achieve. No, I do not expect the Republicans not to
push back. Of course, they should, if that's how they feel. But do so in
the manner in which laws have always been changed: by getting enough
votes that agree with you. What's going on now is a spit in the face of
the very democracy and process of legislation those beloved Founding
Fathers set up. That's really all there is to it. Either we have a
democratic legislature in which you get your laws passed or repealed by
having enough votes to do so, or we have anything-goes anarchic
disruption. You can't have it both ways.
Banned

On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:56:26 PM UTC-4, F.O.A.D. wrote:
You can't have it both ways.

The only " friends " you have here is Herpes Boy Dick, and cockhole White.

This is the end, my friend.. North Star General 13 May 6th 12 06:58 AM
Man's best friend. A little OT... John H[_2_] General 1 March 10th 11 12:25 AM
Sent by same Rep Friend Gordon Cruising 1 February 13th 09 03:02 PM
A new friend... Lady Pilot ASA 11 August 10th 06 01:41 AM
For a friend.......... Bill Kiene General 4 August 12th 03 05:49 AM