Default Field stripping a 1911 pistol...

This vid is a bit overdone but it seems complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_g-o2H8us

Seems more complicated than taking down and reassembling my Ruger Mark
III and definitely more complicated than taking down the superior CZ
centerfire .45 ACP pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0mrqqrOnQk

Helpful vids.
Tim Tim is offline

On Friday, December 26, 2014 6:31:22 AM UTC-8, Keyser Sze wrote:
This vid is a bit overdone but it seems complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_g-o2H8us

Seems more complicated than taking down and reassembling my Ruger Mark
III and definitely more complicated than taking down the superior CZ
centerfire .45 ACP pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0mrqqrOnQk

Helpful vids.

Thanks. I never really needed one for the 1911 outside of basic instruction, but the Ruger was really tricky aligning the bolt and trigger pins. I could have used a vid for that one.

My 9mm Mak is a snap.

On Friday, December 26, 2014 9:31:22 AM UTC-5, Keyser Söze wrote:
This vid is a bit overdone but it seems complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_g-o2H8us

Seems more complicated than taking down and reassembling my Ruger Mark
III and definitely more complicated than taking down the superior CZ
centerfire .45 ACP pistol.

The pistol that earned this?

"As an instructor, I strive to be a good student. Good students are always learning. And last week in Canada, I learned that CZ pistols (pronounced “see zed” in Canadiese) are as reliable as a Ford.

A Ford Pinto, that is.

There were four CZ75-pattern guns (one Tangfolio and three genuine CZs) used by three different students over the course of the week, and every one of them had reliability problems.

The owners were great students and never let the pistol problems interfere with the class. They had fantastic attitudes and shot very well when their guns worked. But from failures to feed to failures to extract to failures to eject to failures to lock back to premature lock back, we saw the whole spectrum of handgun malfunctions from those guns.

The Glocks in the class didn’t have any consistent problems. Even the two S&W 3rd Generation pistols ran well except for some grip and lubrication hiccups. In fact, the only gun that had more problems was a used, second-hand Para P14.45, and who is surprised by that?

CZ pistols are both popular and successful in the world competition arena. They’re also very common among various militaries throughout the globe. But here in the U.S., they’ve never really earned a serious share of the market. They have a reputation for reliability and durability problems. And after four straight days of watching them choke, I’d say it’s a well deserved reputation.

In fairness, one student got his gun working 100% on day four after replacing the extractor spring. The pistol had a little under 14,000 rounds through it when the troubles began. If that had been the only CZ that suffered such trouble during the classes, it would be excusable. But all four?

The CZ is a shootable gun. The CZ Shadow I shot had an excellent trigger and was accurate enough for me to hit an 8″ range marker at 100yd. The owner (class host Rob Engh) reports that he’s easily averaging 0.17 splits and on some drills turning in 0.14 and even 0.13 splits with that same pistol!

Nonetheless, if a gun can’t be depended upon to go bang when the trigger is pressed, it’s a paperweight. Speed and accuracy mean a lot less when you’re prying a stuck case out from underneath an extractor claw.

I’m sure there will be CZ fans who will talk about their personally owned guns that have gone x-number of rounds without a problem. And I don’t doubt it. But when put to the test under the stress of a high volume shooting class, these guns simply couldn't make it. Not one, not two, but all four.

Zed is not your friend."

Ouch.

But I do like my CZ 9mm Mak. As Tim says, it's easy to strip.

On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 08:10:32 -0800 (PST), wrote:

if a gun cant be depended upon to go bang when the trigger is pressed, its a paperweight.

===

Well said.

I suspect that if Harry told the truth, that's probably why he sold
his.

On 12/26/14 11:01 AM, Tim wrote:
On Friday, December 26, 2014 6:31:22 AM UTC-8, Keyser Sze wrote:
This vid is a bit overdone but it seems complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_g-o2H8us

Seems more complicated than taking down and reassembling my Ruger Mark
III and definitely more complicated than taking down the superior CZ
centerfire .45 ACP pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0mrqqrOnQk

Helpful vids.

Thanks. I never really needed one for the 1911 outside of basic instruction, but the Ruger was really tricky aligning the bolt and trigger pins. I could have used a vid for that one.

My 9mm Mak is a snap.

I've never had a 1911. Shot one a few times. The .45 ACP round doesn't
interest me all that much.

On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 09:31:19 -0500, Keyser Sze
wrote:

This vid is a bit overdone but it seems complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_g-o2H8us

Seems more complicated than taking down and reassembling my Ruger Mark
III and definitely more complicated than taking down the superior CZ
centerfire .45 ACP pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0mrqqrOnQk

Helpful vids.

Yup, the Kimber is an absolute to disassemble and reassemble. And it's
most definitely inferior to a CZ - especially one with a few thousand
dollars in modifications.

Why, again, did you sell such a jewel?

wrote:

This vid is a bit overdone but it seems complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_g-o2H8us

Seems more complicated than taking down and reassembling my Ruger Mark
III and definitely more complicated than taking down the superior CZ
centerfire .45 ACP pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0mrqqrOnQk

Helpful vids.

Yup, the Kimber is an absolute to disassemble and reassemble. And it's
most definitely inferior to a CZ - especially one with a few thousand
dollars in modifications.

Why, again, did you sell such a jewel?

Add 'nightmare' after 'absolute' in the above.

wrote:

This vid is a bit overdone but it seems complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_g-o2H8us

Seems more complicated than taking down and reassembling my Ruger Mark
III and definitely more complicated than taking down the superior CZ
centerfire .45 ACP pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0mrqqrOnQk

Helpful vids.

Yup, the Kimber is an absolute to disassemble and reassemble. And it's
most definitely inferior to a CZ - especially one with a few thousand
dollars in modifications.

Why, again, did you sell such a jewel?

I wouldn't know first-hand whether a 1911 pistol is "superior" to the CZ
I had, especially since the CZ I had did not have "a few thousand
dollars in modifications," or even a thousand dollars in modifications.

Based upon my experience with the CZ-75, I'd certainly buy a CZ-97B (.45
ACP) over a 1911 .45 ACP, if that round interested me. It doesn't.

I sold my CZ-75 because I wasn't shooting it that much anymore. The guy
who bought it, out in the midwest, won the first competition he entered
with it...and he had been shooting a SIG X5. What a coincidence.

My comment about the takedown and reassembly of a 1911 was based upon
viewing a couple of vids of the process. To me, it seemed more
complicated than reassemblying a field-stripped Ruger Mark III.

I see no reason for what I perceive as a return to your old, sarcastic
attitudes here. It's fine with me if you are a Kimber .45 ACP fan. I
find the .357 Mag rounds in my GP100 "hot enough" for my tastes, and I
do have a couple of unfired .45 Colt revolvers resting comfortably if I
feel the urge to shoot that caliber.

wrote:

This vid is a bit overdone but it seems complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_g-o2H8us

Seems more complicated than taking down and reassembling my Ruger Mark
III and definitely more complicated than taking down the superior CZ
centerfire .45 ACP pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0mrqqrOnQk

Helpful vids.

Yup, the Kimber is an absolute to disassemble and reassemble. And it's
most definitely inferior to a CZ - especially one with a few thousand
dollars in modifications.

Why, again, did you sell such a jewel?

I wouldn't know first-hand whether a 1911 pistol is "superior" to the CZ
I had, especially since the CZ I had did not have "a few thousand
dollars in modifications," or even a thousand dollars in modifications.

Thought you said the CZ was 'the superior'.

Based upon my experience with the CZ-75, I'd certainly buy a CZ-97B (.45
ACP) over a 1911 .45 ACP, if that round interested me. It doesn't.

I sold my CZ-75 because I wasn't shooting it that much anymore. The guy
who bought it, out in the midwest, won the first competition he entered
with it...and he had been shooting a SIG X5. What a coincidence.

Proof that a CZ is far superior to a Sig.

My comment about the takedown and reassembly of a 1911 was based upon
viewing a couple of vids of the process. To me, it seemed more
complicated than reassemblying a field-stripped Ruger Mark III.

Most likely is.

I see no reason for what I perceive as a return to your old, sarcastic
attitudes here. It's fine with me if you are a Kimber .45 ACP fan. I
find the .357 Mag rounds in my GP100 "hot enough" for my tastes, and I
do have a couple of unfired .45 Colt revolvers resting comfortably if I
feel the urge to shoot that caliber.

Harry, I find myself responding to your old, superior attitudes here.
Why don't you try climbing down off that high horse for a change.

I would expect a .357 round to be quite a bit hotter than your
average .45 round.

Pistol grips Poquito Loco General 69 July 28th 14 07:21 AM
My Custom CZ Pistol... F.O.A.D. General 8 June 13th 13 01:14 AM
Pistol case J Herring General 14 April 9th 13 12:30 PM
CZ Pistol Vids EmpacherFan General 11 October 16th 12 12:50 PM
FA History of Lifeboat RNLI life saving 1911 Alys General 0 January 20th 08 11:55 PM