Default Field stripping a 1911 pistol...

On 12/26/14 12:27 PM, Poquito Loco wrote:
On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 12:14:57 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 12/26/14 11:49 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:
On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 09:31:19 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

This vid is a bit overdone but it seems complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_g-o2H8us

Seems more complicated than taking down and reassembling my Ruger Mark
III and definitely more complicated than taking down the superior CZ
centerfire .45 ACP pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0mrqqrOnQk

Helpful vids.

Yup, the Kimber is an absolute to disassemble and reassemble. And it's
most definitely inferior to a CZ - especially one with a few thousand
dollars in modifications.

Why, again, did you sell such a jewel?

I wouldn't know first-hand whether a 1911 pistol is "superior" to the CZ
I had, especially since the CZ I had did not have "a few thousand
dollars in modifications," or even a thousand dollars in modifications.

Thought you said the CZ was 'the superior'.

Based upon my experience with the CZ-75, I'd certainly buy a CZ-97B (.45
ACP) over a 1911 .45 ACP, if that round interested me. It doesn't.

I sold my CZ-75 because I wasn't shooting it that much anymore. The guy
who bought it, out in the midwest, won the first competition he entered
with it...and he had been shooting a SIG X5. What a coincidence.

Proof that a CZ is far superior to a Sig.

My comment about the takedown and reassembly of a 1911 was based upon
viewing a couple of vids of the process. To me, it seemed more
complicated than reassemblying a field-stripped Ruger Mark III.

Most likely is.

I see no reason for what I perceive as a return to your old, sarcastic
attitudes here. It's fine with me if you are a Kimber .45 ACP fan. I
find the .357 Mag rounds in my GP100 "hot enough" for my tastes, and I
do have a couple of unfired .45 Colt revolvers resting comfortably if I
feel the urge to shoot that caliber.

Harry, I find myself responding to your old, superior attitudes here.
Why don't you try climbing down off that high horse for a change.

I would expect a .357 round to be quite a bit hotter than your
average .45 round.

My experience with the SIG X-5 was the same as the buyer of my CZ. The
CZ was more accurate for both of us than the X-5's we had been using.

I didn't say the CZ was "far superior" to a Kimber. I said the CZ was a
"superior" pistol. And I also was not comparing the quality of a 9 mm CZ
to a .45 ACP Kimber. I don't know what the qualitative differences might
be between those two pistols. I do like that the slide on the CZ rides
on internal rails, as it were.

That I am not interested in the .45 ACP caliber does not make me
superior. It just means I'm not interested.

Perhaps you can turn down your "I take offense to that" apparatus.

Pistol grips Poquito Loco General 69 July 28th 14 07:21 AM
My Custom CZ Pistol... F.O.A.D. General 8 June 13th 13 01:14 AM
Pistol case J Herring General 14 April 9th 13 12:30 PM
CZ Pistol Vids EmpacherFan General 11 October 16th 12 12:50 PM
FA History of Lifeboat RNLI life saving 1911 Alys General 0 January 20th 08 11:55 PM