Poquito Loco Poquito Loco is offline

Default Field stripping a 1911 pistol...

On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 12:14:57 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 12/26/14 11:49 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:
On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 09:31:19 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

This vid is a bit overdone but it seems complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_g-o2H8us

Seems more complicated than taking down and reassembling my Ruger Mark
III and definitely more complicated than taking down the superior CZ
centerfire .45 ACP pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0mrqqrOnQk

Helpful vids.

Yup, the Kimber is an absolute to disassemble and reassemble. And it's
most definitely inferior to a CZ - especially one with a few thousand
dollars in modifications.

Why, again, did you sell such a jewel?

I wouldn't know first-hand whether a 1911 pistol is "superior" to the CZ
I had, especially since the CZ I had did not have "a few thousand
dollars in modifications," or even a thousand dollars in modifications.

Thought you said the CZ was 'the superior'.

Based upon my experience with the CZ-75, I'd certainly buy a CZ-97B (.45
ACP) over a 1911 .45 ACP, if that round interested me. It doesn't.

I sold my CZ-75 because I wasn't shooting it that much anymore. The guy
who bought it, out in the midwest, won the first competition he entered
with it...and he had been shooting a SIG X5. What a coincidence.

Proof that a CZ is far superior to a Sig.

My comment about the takedown and reassembly of a 1911 was based upon
viewing a couple of vids of the process. To me, it seemed more
complicated than reassemblying a field-stripped Ruger Mark III.

Most likely is.

I see no reason for what I perceive as a return to your old, sarcastic
attitudes here. It's fine with me if you are a Kimber .45 ACP fan. I
find the .357 Mag rounds in my GP100 "hot enough" for my tastes, and I
do have a couple of unfired .45 Colt revolvers resting comfortably if I
feel the urge to shoot that caliber.

Harry, I find myself responding to your old, superior attitudes here.
Why don't you try climbing down off that high horse for a change.

I would expect a .357 round to be quite a bit hotter than your
average .45 round.