Default Coast Guard Attitude

I was listening to channel 16 the other day and I caught the CG's response
to a boater in distress. Although the caller was at some distance from me
and I couldn't clearly hear them on my handheld, I could hear the CG
(Bellingham) quite clearly.

At one point, the CG operator asked for a description of the vessel. He
asked, "Is this a sailing vessel or a pleasure craft?"

Really? Sailing and pleasure are somehow mutually exclusive?

--
Paul Hovnanian
Some people are like Slinkies; they serve no specific purpose,

wrote:
On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 11:07:47 -0800, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

I was listening to channel 16 the other day and I caught the CG's response
to a boater in distress. Although the caller was at some distance from me
and I couldn't clearly hear them on my handheld, I could hear the CG
(Bellingham) quite clearly.

At one point, the CG operator asked for a description of the vessel. He
asked, "Is this a sailing vessel or a pleasure craft?"

Really? Sailing and pleasure are somehow mutually exclusive?

Probably just a new guy who mis spoke. I bet his buddies said the same
thing. That is the kind of thing they might razz you about for weeks.

Maybe he figures a sail boat is work.

Coast Guard Debacle [email protected] General 8 June 8th 07 02:03 AM
Problems in the Coast Guard Jeff ASA 19 December 12th 06 11:45 PM
Coast Guard Inspections Capt Lou Cruising 125 August 1st 04 07:24 PM
Coast Guard Boardings Aaron Cruising 10 February 17th 04 06:53 PM
Cdn. Coast Guard: Wow [email protected] General 2 July 18th 03 12:52 AM