Default Grimes in Kentucky

On 10/13/14 10:21 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/13/2014 8:30 AM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 10/13/14 12:27 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 14:19:57 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 10/12/14 2:08 PM,
wrote:

You obviously are ignorant of Jewish history.

Are you also ignorant of Psalms? When the Jews were exiled to Babylon,
they lamented:

"If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue
stick to my palate if I cease to think of you, if I do not keep
Jerusalem in memory even at my happiest hour."

Return to Israel was in the minds of the Jewish people long before
Roosevelt and Truman.

I thought you say the bible is a fairy tale.
Now you are citing it as historical fact.

If you are to believe the bible that was a conquest too.

I've also said the old testament was mostly a history of a people, a
collection of oral tradition stories put down in writing. Some of that
history is history, and some of it -the supernatural part- is the
attempt of earlier man trying to explain what he didn't understand.

Similar to many of your posts of today. :-)

You're really sliding down hill. My beliefs are different from yours,
yet while I disagree with much of what you post of a political nature, I
don't usually attack you personally.

--
The new GOP credo:

Hate the people who are being oppressed,
love the people who are doing the oppressing.

wrote:

[...]

True. I guess I am just getting tired of the same old BS over and over
and over. It gets old after a while and I lose interest in trying to
offer up alternative views. It's like someone who constantly talks
about his/her kids as if no one else in the world has any child rearing
experience. After a while they become less important to you.

Banned

wrote:

[...]

But YOU...attack everyone.

**** OFF YOU HYPOCRITE.

On 10/13/14 9:51 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 08:30:29 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

wrote:

You obviously are ignorant of Jewish history.

Are you also ignorant of Psalms? When the Jews were exiled to Babylon,
they lamented:

"If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither, let my tongue
stick to my palate if I cease to think of you, if I do not keep
Jerusalem in memory even at my happiest hour."

Return to Israel was in the minds of the Jewish people long before
Roosevelt and Truman.

I thought you say the bible is a fairy tale.
Now you are citing it as historical fact.

If you are to believe the bible that was a conquest too.

I've also said the old testament was mostly a history of a people, a
collection of oral tradition stories put down in writing. Some of that
history is history, and some of it -the supernatural part- is the
attempt of earlier man trying to explain what he didn't understand.

So Noah did build a big boat and put all the animals on it, Jonah
lived inside a whale and the earth is 8,000 years old, OK.
Make up your mind, is it a fact or fiction. You can't have it both
ways. You can't just cherry pick the parts that support a land grab
and ridicule the rest.

Bear in mind this is the same book that says it is OK to beat your
wife, advocates slavery, says you should stone adulterers and calls
being gay an abomination.

Hmm. Where did I say that I thought the story of Noah was real? Answer:
nowhere. There is evidence of a substantial and devastating flood in
that part of the world in biblical or pre-biblical times and there are
folk tale variations of the "Noah saga" among other peoples. As I
stated, earlier man looked for ways to explain what he didn't
understand, and came up with supernatural folk tales...such as the one
about Noah and of course, about a super creator.

Had you taken some liberal arts courses, you might have gained an
appreciation for oral traditions and the later writing down of same.

Some parts of the old testament have contemporaneous validity in
separate historical records and common traditions and others do not.
That's the way it was, prior to Google, eh?

I'm not saying you suffer from it, but...perhaps you might want to study
up on Rigid Personality. Despite what you apparently think and believe,
everything is *not* either/or.

[...]

It's odd that you are soooo tolerant of Jews yet you despise other
religions.

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 10:02:10 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

Had you taken some liberal arts courses, you might have gained an
appreciation

===

Haven't we seen this movie before?

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 10:52:36 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

As I stated, there is evidence of a
"great flood" in biblical times

===

No doubt a "climate change" incident brought on by donkey and camel
farts.

Grimes in Kentucky F*O*A*D General 3 October 13th 14 03:29 PM
Herring's Kentucky cousin? John H[_15_] General 0 September 8th 14 11:08 PM
In Kentucky and Texas, it is 11 out of 10. F.O.A.D. General 6 May 2nd 13 08:54 PM
Kentucky Christians jps General 0 December 1st 11 08:03 AM
Kentucky Lake Lock and Dam [email protected] General 7 August 19th 09 07:01 AM