Default Spring is coming ...

.... and my thoughts are increasingly becoming:

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy303/Eisboch/img005.jpg?t=1395062020

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 09:17:33 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

... and my thoughts are increasingly becoming:

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy303/Eisboch/img005.jpg?t=1395062020

Nice of you to say so. I woke up to four more inches of snow on the ground. Now I'm wishing they
made snow skis for my new RC airplane.

I'll have to admit I wouldn't mind going fishing with those guys and catching whatever the fish was
in the next picture. Tuna?

On 3/17/2014 9:25 AM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 09:17:33 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

... and my thoughts are increasingly becoming:

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy303/Eisboch/img005.jpg?t=1395062020

Nice of you to say so. I woke up to four more inches of snow on the ground. Now I'm wishing they
made snow skis for my new RC airplane.

I'll have to admit I wouldn't mind going fishing with those guys and catching whatever the fish was
in the next picture. Tuna?

Yup, that was the tuna we got on our first tuna fishing expedition on
the Egg Harbor. I had been warned by others, including some of the
local charter captains that it could take a couple of seasons of trying
to even hook up with a tuna.

We left the dock at about 6am that morning and hooked that one by 8am.
Lucky fishing boat.

wrote:

... and my thoughts are increasingly becoming:

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy303/Eisboch/img005.jpg?t=1395062020

Nice of you to say so. I woke up to four more inches of snow on the
ground. Now I'm wishing they
made snow skis for my new RC airplane.

I'll have to admit I wouldn't mind going fishing with those guys and
catching whatever the fish was
in the next picture. Tuna?

Yup, that was the tuna we got on our first tuna fishing expedition on
the Egg Harbor. I had been warned by others, including some of the
local charter captains that it could take a couple of seasons of trying
to even hook up with a tuna.

We left the dock at about 6am that morning and hooked that one by 8am.
Lucky fishing boat.

Here's a picture after we returned to the slip. Pictured are my son
John, my brother Bob, my son-in-law Jim and another (shirtless guy) that
we used to call the "Dock Rat". Nice guy but he was a busy-body, always
checking on what was going on in the marina. He wasn't on the fishing trip.

Funny story involving my father-in-law that day. He was a long time
boater who loved fishing for flounder and never ventured more than a few
hundred yards offshore in his old Uniflite.

The crew that day consisted of just me, my brother, my son and
son-in-law. When we hooked up so early in the day I realized we only
had enough ice for the fish well to last a couple of hours. We were
about 22 miles out, so I headed back to Scituate intending to stock up
with ice and then head back out. On the ride back I called Mrs.E. and
told her we had our first tuna. She in turn must have called her father
because when we got back to the dock there he was, flounder rod in
hand, ready to go back out with us for tuna.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy303/Eisboch/img001.jpg

wrote:

[...]

Nice fish! So, did you catch some more when you went back out?

wrote:

[...]

No. The bluefin tuna come and go in cycles up here. During this period
of time people were lucky to get one or two of these "football" tunas
every season or two. That's why it was such a big deal that we got one
on our first venture out and within a couple of hours of getting
underway. I had just received the tuna permit the day before.

A couple of years later, in the same waters, people were getting them
almost every time they went out.

wrote:

[...]

When I initially saw the picture of the boat, with your comment, I thought you'd found a boat of
'interest'.

I measured the snow on the hood of my truck - six and a half inches. We're halfway through March.
This is ridiculous. And the dogs want to go for a walk. Better take 'em. They'll bug me all day long
if I don't.

Adios for a bit.

On 3/17/2014 9:17 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

... and my thoughts are increasingly becoming:

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy303/Eisboch/img005.jpg?t=1395062020

Another Egg?

On 3/17/2014 11:30 AM, H*a*r*r*o*l*d wrote:
On 3/17/2014 9:17 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

... and my thoughts are increasingly becoming:

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy303/Eisboch/img005.jpg?t=1395062020

Another Egg?

No. Don't want another sportsfish type boat. Unless it's cheap.

Spring IS coming.... *e#c General 0 March 1st 11 11:48 PM
Spring is coming Don White[_5_] General 0 January 23rd 10 05:37 PM
Spring must be coming because the water temp... Harry Krause General 7 March 28th 07 07:32 AM
Spring is coming...maybe. Don White General 15 March 13th 05 02:09 PM
Coming Soon!!! Bobsprit ASA 5 September 23rd 03 09:45 PM