Default Spring must be coming because the water temp...

....is up 1.5 degrees F since I last dipped my thermometer in the Bay.
49F at the moment, with the air temp 80F.

Not bad for March.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...is up 1.5 degrees F since I last dipped my thermometer in the Bay.
49F at the moment, with the air temp 80F.

Not bad for March.

We're supposed to drop down around the freezing mark tonight with snow in
some areas of the province.
Water temp still a cool 35.1 F
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44258

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...is up 1.5 degrees F since I last dipped my thermometer in the Bay.
49F at the moment, with the air temp 80F.

Not bad for March.

I rely on the water temperature recorded one mile out and at the bottom of
the lake as it is a bit more reliable than surface temperatures. Lake Erie
is now 35F and will eventually warm to the low 70's by the 4th of July.

We have also had beautiful weather here over the past 2 days, with temps in
the 70's.

Tim Tim is offline

I don't know about the local water temp, but the air has been in the
mid 50's to low 60's at night, and highs of the mid 80's for the past
week. I think this weekend it's supposed to have 60 for a high Sunday,
but it IS still March, but warmer days are yet to come.

I'm ready for it!

JimH wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...is up 1.5 degrees F since I last dipped my thermometer in the Bay.
49F at the moment, with the air temp 80F.

Not bad for March.

I rely on the water temperature recorded one mile out and at the bottom of
the lake as it is a bit more reliable than surface temperatures. Lake Erie
is now 35F and will eventually warm to the low 70's by the 4th of July.

We have also had beautiful weather here over the past 2 days, with temps in
the 70's.

I wish I could walk out into the Bay for a mile...bit nippy yet.

JimH wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...is up 1.5 degrees F since I last dipped my thermometer in the Bay.
49F at the moment, with the air temp 80F.

Not bad for March.

I rely on the water temperature recorded one mile out and at the bottom
of the lake as it is a bit more reliable than surface temperatures. Lake
Erie is now 35F and will eventually warm to the low 70's by the 4th of
July.

We have also had beautiful weather here over the past 2 days, with temps
in the 70's.

I wish I could walk out into the Bay for a mile...bit nippy yet.

Indeed. Our local paper reports the water temperature readings daily in the
weather section of the paper. The temps are taken at the bottom of the lake
at the "One Mile Crib".

Water surface temperatures to too easily modified by air temperatures.

JimH wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...is up 1.5 degrees F since I last dipped my thermometer in the Bay.
49F at the moment, with the air temp 80F.

Not bad for March.

I rely on the water temperature recorded one mile out and at the bottom
of the lake as it is a bit more reliable than surface temperatures.
Lake Erie is now 35F and will eventually warm to the low 70's by the 4th
of July.

We have also had beautiful weather here over the past 2 days, with temps
in the 70's.

I wish I could walk out into the Bay for a mile...bit nippy yet.

Indeed. Our local paper reports the water temperature readings daily in
the weather section of the paper. The temps are taken at the bottom of
the lake at the "One Mile Crib".

Water surface temperatures to too easily modified by air temperatures.

Edit: Water surface temperatures *are* too easily modified by air
temperatures.

oups.com...

JimH wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...is up 1.5 degrees F since I last dipped my thermometer in the Bay.
49F at the moment, with the air temp 80F.

Not bad for March.

I rely on the water temperature recorded one mile out and at the bottom
of
the lake as it is a bit more reliable than surface temperatures. Lake
Erie
is now 35F and will eventually warm to the low 70's by the 4th of July.

We have also had beautiful weather here over the past 2 days, with temps
in
the 70's.

forecasting high 30's tomorrow, with a warming trend. Wind has been stiff.
12' seas.