Default Putin says...

On 3/14/14, 9:46 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 16:20:17 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 3/14/14, 3:54 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:55:43 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

I'm sorry, but this maxim..."the natural competitive nature of the free
enterprise system would correct itself."...is just tired out bull****.
It isn't true anymore if it ever was, especially since the 1980s.

The nature of today's corporate oligarchy is to eliminate competition,
eliminate jobs, raise prices, and cut back on service.

Do you really think the Comcast-Time Warner merger is going to result in
"benefits" for any of the employees or customers of either organization?

You are confusing the pressures of globalism on wages with corporate
greed.

You think the Comcast-TW merger is an outgrowth of globalism? How so?

Yes, I would not be shocked if they go after Mexican or Canadian TV
next.
Comcast is the Borg.

I agree we could and probably should go back to a more diverse
corporate landscape by enforcing anti trust laws more strictly but
that might just push these corporations offshore.

There are ways to handle that legally, such as restricting their
business opportunities in this market if they do that.

How is that going for you so far?

Nowhere of course. I said there were ways to restrict them. I didn't say
we were doing it.

The dirty little secret is that most of the wealth held by the 1% is
an illusion and would quickly evaporate...

Banksters and stockbrokers waiting in line at soup kitchens and jumping
off buildings? Sounds good to me.

I am sure you loved the stock brokers jumping out the windows in 1929
but they got off easy. Read some Steinbeck.

I'm sure I've read more Steinbeck than you have.

This is a bubble that makes 1929 look like a bounced check at the
grocery store.
To start with, the US is not going to be an economy backed with gold
and a world class manufacturing base that is simply under used.
We are an over extended paper tiger with very little in hard assets to
drag us up out of the mud when our paper wealth evaporates. The world
will follow us down the drain.

Gee, I hope the brokers and banks go down the drain first. They are so
deserving.

On 3/15/14, 1:15 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 22:24:39 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 3/14/14, 9:46 PM,
wrote:

There are ways to handle that legally, such as restricting their
business opportunities in this market if they do that.

How is that going for you so far?

Nowhere of course. I said there were ways to restrict them. I didn't say
we were doing it.

Nobody in the government is going to do anything that is bad for their
biggest contributors.

The dirty little secret is that most of the wealth held by the 1% is
an illusion and would quickly evaporate...

Banksters and stockbrokers waiting in line at soup kitchens and jumping
off buildings? Sounds good to me.

I am sure you loved the stock brokers jumping out the windows in 1929
but they got off easy. Read some Steinbeck.

I'm sure I've read more Steinbeck than you have.

I bet that is right. You are missing the point tho. If it rains on
Wall Street, it is a tsunami on Main Street

Only because we've let it become that way.

This is a bubble that makes 1929 look like a bounced check at the
grocery store.
To start with, the US is not going to be an economy backed with gold
and a world class manufacturing base that is simply under used.
We are an over extended paper tiger with very little in hard assets to
drag us up out of the mud when our paper wealth evaporates. The world
will follow us down the drain.

I had no idea you also were a trained economist. Wow. And a first-rate
non-scientific outboard repair guy, too

wrote:
[...]

"I'm just trying to fit in as much as my digestive track allows with the
right-wing slime whose almost entire reason for existence here is to
ridicule, mock, and taunt. - Harry Krause"

Putin blinks Mr. Luddite General 5 March 5th 14 03:07 AM
Putin Mr. Luddite General 37 March 4th 14 05:09 PM