F*O*A*D F*O*A*D is offline

Default Putin says...

On 3/14/14, 3:54 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:55:43 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

I'm sorry, but this maxim..."the natural competitive nature of the free
enterprise system would correct itself."...is just tired out bull****.
It isn't true anymore if it ever was, especially since the 1980s.

The nature of today's corporate oligarchy is to eliminate competition,
eliminate jobs, raise prices, and cut back on service.

Do you really think the Comcast-Time Warner merger is going to result in
"benefits" for any of the employees or customers of either organization?

You are confusing the pressures of globalism on wages with corporate
greed.

You think the Comcast-TW merger is an outgrowth of globalism? How so?

I agree we could and probably should go back to a more diverse
corporate landscape by enforcing anti trust laws more strictly but
that might just push these corporations offshore.

There are ways to handle that legally, such as restricting their
business opportunities in this market if they do that.

The dirty little secret is that most of the wealth held by the 1% is
an illusion and would quickly evaporate...

Banksters and stockbrokers waiting in line at soup kitchens and jumping
off buildings? Sounds good to me.