Default Ronald Reagan...

On 3/3/2014 9:27 AM, HanK wrote:
On 3/3/2014 9:14 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/3/2014 10:00 AM, HanK wrote:
On 3/2/2014 11:09 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 16:35:48 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/2/14, 4:30 PM, Tim wrote:
On Sunday, March 2, 2014 3:08:10 PM UTC-6, F.O.A.D. wrote:
Ronald Reagan considered Nelson Mandela a terrorist but supported

Osama bin Laden.

That was way before bin Laden WAS a terrorist.

Heheheheh. Ronnie Raygun. Friend of terrorists, enemy of freedom
fighters.

One man's terrorist is always someone else's freedom fighter. Take
Menachem Begin for example.

Another one might be Ho Chi Minh, FDR's freedom fighter, LBJ's
terrorist.
We even liked Castro for a while.

When FDR signed Medicare into law, it was supposed to be a loan which
was supposed to be paid back. Whatever became of that law? Betcha the
liberal democrats worked it over real good in exchange for votes.

Ummmm... FDR never signed Medicare or any type of health care system
into law. He signed the Social Security Act into law but it had no
health care provisions associated with it. He tried to generate
interest in a universal health care system as did subsequent
administrations but Congress never passed any of them until 1965 when
Medicare was signed into law by President Johnson.

Was social security originally intended to be a loan?

Ooops, I bunged it up again. How about unemployment ins.?

On 3/2/14, 4:30 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Beats me. I was reading that there is a little known rule that allows
you to use it as an interest free loan though. If you start collecting
early (like at age 62) and make it to 70 you can pay back all the
benefits you received (interest free) and then start collecting at the
higher monthly rate.

On 3/2/14, 4:30 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

I don't know. I think unemployment benefits are taxable as income, so I
don't think they can be considered a "loan". Each state has different
rules, so how it all came to be .... who knows?

In article m, says...

On 3/3/2014 9:14 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/3/2014 10:00 AM, HanK wrote:

On 3/2/14, 4:30 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

A loan to the government.

In article , says...

On 3/3/2014 10:27 AM, HanK wrote:
On 3/3/2014 9:14 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/3/2014 10:00 AM, HanK wrote:

On 3/2/14, 4:30 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Why would you want to give the government back 8 years worth of SS benefits you have invested
over the years to start collecting all over again?

In article , says...

On 3/3/2014 10:33 AM, HanK wrote:
On 3/3/2014 9:27 AM, HanK wrote:
On 3/3/2014 9:14 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/3/2014 10:00 AM, HanK wrote:

On 3/2/14, 4:30 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

A loan is paid back, those receiving unemployment payments do not pay the money back. Those
receiving social security do not pay the money back. Remember that the SCOTUS has already
ruled that you have no claim on the money you paid into social security, it is a tax and not
an insurance product.

On 3/3/2014 1:41 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 09:00:44 -0600, HanK wrote:

On 3/2/14, 4:30 PM, Tim wrote:
On Sunday, March 2, 2014 3:08:10 PM UTC-6, F.O.A.D. wrote:
Ronald Reagan considered Nelson Mandela a terrorist but supported

Osama bin Laden.

That was way before bin Laden WAS a terrorist.

Heheheheh. Ronnie Raygun. Friend of terrorists, enemy of freedom fighters.

One man's terrorist is always someone else's freedom fighter. Take
Menachem Begin for example.

Another one might be Ho Chi Minh, FDR's freedom fighter, LBJ's
terrorist.
We even liked Castro for a while.

When FDR signed Medicare into law, it was supposed to be a loan which
was supposed to be paid back. Whatever became of that law? Betcha the
liberal democrats worked it over real good in exchange for votes.

FDR? Medicare? That was LBJ and it was always simply a wealth
transfer from the young to the old, just like FDR's Social Security.

It is interesting that when you really look at wealth you see the
people over 60 have several times as much money than those under 60
and we still get all the breaks

Not only are we ****ing away your inheritance, we are also taking your
salary.
Garmpa needs a new boat

Thanks kids!

Social Security was originally intended to be insurance. It provided
for a baseline income for the retired elderly who otherwise would not
have any source of income. Obviously things have changed over the
years ... people live longer and, in many cases, have investments,
savings and/or pension plans that provide a source of income in their
retirement years.

The rules for SS are going to have to be changed. A means test will
probably be the most logical way to determine benefits. It has only
been recently that SS has been redefined (unofficially) as an
entitlement or as a tax. SSI still stands for "Social Security
Insurance" and as insurance doesn't necessarily mean you automatically
get the benefits. We pay for health insurance, property insurance,
automobile insurance and we all hope we never have to collect on them.

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 14:29:30 -0500, wrote:

We reward bad behavior and then wonder why we get so much of it.

===

Isn't that the truth, and it doesn't stop with disability issues.

The unwed baby makers have been doing it for years.

OT - Great Ronald Reagan Quotes Wilbur Hubbard ASA 0 June 23rd 07 06:31 PM
Ronald Reagan Eisboch General 78 September 29th 04 01:07 PM
Ronald Reagan quote Bart Senior ASA 35 July 24th 04 01:23 AM
Ronald Reagan SAVED America JN ASA 18 June 9th 04 02:17 PM
( OT) Ronald Reagan R.I.P (But in perspective) Jim General 11 June 7th 04 04:13 PM