Default God Says 'Leave me out of this...'

On 2/22/2014 5:33 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, February 22, 2014 5:02:20 PM UTC-5, John H. wrote:
On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 16:23:36 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 2/22/14, 3:42 PM,
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 15:07:20 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 2/22/14, 12:07 PM,
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 11:37:41 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

TUCSON - Responding to the Arizona legislature's passage of an anti-gay

"religious freedom" law this week, God held a rare press conference

today warning the Arizona legislators to "leave me out of this."

A visibly angry Almighty told reporters, "Okay, so a bunch of right-wing

whack jobs don't like gays. I get that. But don't put it on me."

The Heavenly Father said that he strongly resented being used to give

legitimacy to the Arizona legislature's ant-gay agenda. "I have never

even set foot in Arizona and I seriously don't plan to," He said.

From Andy Borowitz.

When you look at the history of this law, I am not even sure I

understand the reason for it or the complaint against it.

This came up because a photographer did not want to create a wedding

album for a gay couple. Would you really want to force a creative

project on a person who's heart was not in it? I can just imagine the

pictures they would select.. After all, it is not what happened, it is

which photos the guy took and which ones he wanted to use.

Everyone would be picking their nose, talking with their mouth full

and they would all look fat.

"This" came up because the conservative lawmakers in Arizona and the

state's governor are backwards, hate-filled racists. This isn't the

first example of Arizona lawmaker backwardness.

Pull your string and the same thing comes out every time. The voice

generator must be broken.

What the **** does a law that may discriminate against gays have to do

with racism?

The governor has already vetoed a similar law and will veto this one

so you are full of **** with that rant too.

Maybe Arizona is just homo phobic ... but they are largely hispanic so

that is not a shock. They keep sending the politicians back.

Arizona is 70% white, and less than a third of its inhabitants are of

Mexican descent, so it hardly is a "largely Hispanic" state.

Racist, homophobic, whatever...the common thread is hatred of people who

look or act differently than the general population. There is no

shortage of examples of Arizonian lawmakers passing hate bills or trying

to pass hate bills or passing hate bills and then having them

overturned. Hell, the GOP out there even censured John McCain for his

"liberal"voting record.

The Republicans out there are just plain bat**** crazy, homophobic,

racist and anti-American.

I would think a person of your education and background should know the difference between racist

and homophobic. It's a bit more than 'whatever'.

My dad is 86, and is suffering from advanced dementia. My sisters and I are all pitching in during the week and on the weekends, along with some hired help, to allow him to stay at home for now since my mom passed a couple of years ago.

Harry strongly reminds me of him just a few years ago. Give him a break.

Harry's dementia seems to be advancing rapidly and I doubt anyone will
step up to wipe his chin when the time comes for compassionate care.

wrote:
On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 11:37:41 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

TUCSON - Responding to the Arizona legislature's passage of an
anti-gay
"religious freedom" law this week, God held a rare press conference
today warning the Arizona legislators to "leave me out of this."

A visibly angry Almighty told reporters, "Okay, so a bunch of
right-wing
whack jobs don't like gays. I get that. But don't put it on me."

The Heavenly Father said that he strongly resented being used to give
legitimacy to the Arizona legislature's ant-gay agenda. "I have never
even set foot in Arizona and I seriously don't plan to," He said.

From Andy Borowitz.

[...]

*Legal* inhabitants? You can't swing a dead cat in AZ with out taking
out a half dozen Mexicans.