Default IRA Required Minimum Distribution...

Poco Loco wrote:
...calculation is very simple. Get the total value of your IRA's (not
Roth) as of the end of the
previous year, divide by a number provided in the IRS table, and that's
your minimum distribution.

Then give it to your kids as a Christmas present, minus the taxes you'll owe on it.

Simple, huh?

Or you could get involved in another hobby. Or buy some more guns, or maybe a motorcycle.

So, all you youngsters have nothing to fear. Don't pay some CPA guy to do
your taxes for you.

My brokerage sends me a notice with what I have to withdraw. Even simpler
than IRS. The scary part is what is the tax rate going to be in 5 years
with the gross overspending by the government.

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 12:46:21 -0600, Califbill wrote:

Poco Loco wrote:
...calculation is very simple. Get the total value of your IRA's (not
Roth) as of the end of the
previous year, divide by a number provided in the IRS table, and that's
your minimum distribution.

Then give it to your kids as a Christmas present, minus the taxes you'll owe on it.

Simple, huh?

Or you could get involved in another hobby. Or buy some more guns, or maybe a motorcycle.

So, all you youngsters have nothing to fear. Don't pay some CPA guy to do
your taxes for you.

My brokerage sends me a notice with what I have to withdraw. Even simpler
than IRS. The scary part is what is the tax rate going to be in 5 years
with the gross overspending by the government.

That works well if all your IRA funds are in one account.

Poco Loco wrote:
...calculation is very simple. Get the total value of your IRA's (not
Roth) as of the end of the
previous year, divide by a number provided in the IRS table, and that's
your minimum distribution.

Then give it to your kids as a Christmas present, minus the taxes you'll owe on it.

Simple, huh?

Or you could get involved in another hobby. Or buy some more guns, or maybe a motorcycle.

So, all you youngsters have nothing to fear. Don't pay some CPA guy to do
your taxes for you.

My brokerage sends me a notice with what I have to withdraw. Even simpler
than IRS. The scary part is what is the tax rate going to be in 5 years
with the gross overspending by the government.

That works well if all your IRA funds are in one account.

I have 9 accounts counting the wifes. And the RMD is per account.

Poco Loco wrote:
...calculation is very simple. Get the total value of your IRA's (not
Roth) as of the end of the
previous year, divide by a number provided in the IRS table, and that's
your minimum distribution.

Then give it to your kids as a Christmas present, minus the taxes you'll owe on it.

Simple, huh?

Or you could get involved in another hobby. Or buy some more guns, or maybe a motorcycle.

So, all you youngsters have nothing to fear. Don't pay some CPA guy to do
your taxes for you.

My brokerage sends me a notice with what I have to withdraw. Even simpler
than IRS. The scary part is what is the tax rate going to be in 5 years
with the gross overspending by the government.

That works well if all your IRA funds are in one account.

I have 9 accounts counting the wifes. And the RMD is per account.

It is 'per account' in that all 9 accounts must be included to determine the total RMD for the year.
But the distribution itself can be taken from only one of the accounts. In my case (four IRA
accounts), I'm taking the total distribution from the one IRA certificate which is drawing the least
interest. Becausea it is a RMD, I'm not penalized for the early withdrawal.

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 at 8:01:12 AM UTC-5, John H. wrote:
...calculation is very simple. Get the total value of your IRA's (not Roth) as of the end of the
previous year, divide by a number provided in the IRS table, and that's your minimum distribution.

Then give it to your kids as a Christmas present, minus the taxes you'll owe on it.

Simple, huh?

Or you could get involved in another hobby. Or buy some more guns, or maybe a motorcycle.

So, all you youngsters have nothing to fear. Don't pay some CPA guy to do your taxes for you.

Why can't the Gov't just stay the hell out of our lives? Are they worried we will die with all that money in an IRA and they won't get their taxes? Wouldn't an inheritance tax be bigger?
What a total waste of time and effort on everyones part.

Boat weight distribution.. Tim General 51 April 1st 10 09:12 PM
Distribution of Marine Accessories BenMar General 1 August 8th 06 01:04 PM
12v video distribution amp? Bill Kearney Electronics 4 August 5th 06 01:43 AM
minimum wage thought Michael ASA 20 July 14th 04 07:11 PM
minimum splash well dimensions Richard and Michelle Boat Building 1 September 28th 03 02:39 PM