Michael

Default minimum wage thought

"FamilySailor" wrote in message
I was wondering if the Democratic party really cared about the people when
they say they want to raise the minimum wage. Then it occurred to

my........
that would increase the amount of income tax they receive by who knows how
much..... I think I stumbled onto the real motivation..... They want more

of
our money!

In real life raising the minimum wage does the following:

1. Union members whose contracts are pegged to the minimum wage get a big
boost. Teamsters/UPS are a good example.
2. The cost of goods from manufacturing to delivered at the store goes up.
3. The price of goods at the store goes up. From observation I'd say this
takes about a month to two months.
4. The minimum wage workers end up paying more. They don't pay more in
direct taxes because they still don't make that much. The taxation increase
comes from those whose higher than minimum wages were boosted as a result
and of course and increase in sales taxes etc.
5. But then the union negotiators as for increases in the subsequent
contracts based on the increase in the cost of living and the company
involved does the cost over-run bit and so it goes ..

Your start and ending was correct, just the middle was missing.

Even more insiduous is the laundering of tax dollars via the unions into
political contributions via the Davis-Bacon Act. Both Democrats and
Republicans benefit. If I tried that it would be jail time for sure.

But on the whole I'd rather be a union member getting the big bucks than one
of the majority of the working class who get screwed, blued and tatooed by
both halves of the one party system.

So don't take this as a complaint. Just an explanation.

Grin (keep those dollahs coming folks, the boat industry of Port Townsend
appreciate the trickle and I'm glad to help the flow!

Michael

Vote for a return to the two party system! Vote Libertarian ...or Green .
....or.........

FamilySailor

Hummmm.... let me think...... Would I rather get $300 back or pay $1000 or
more in taxes every year (increasing exponentially). You cuts the $300
refund, but the real issue is the fact that the taxes were not raised
either. Just take that $300 refund, increase it each year with the cost of
living, calculate the interest (compounded) and see if it adds up to a
little more. Griping about the $300 refund is like saying I only get $27 per
hour. What can you do with $27..... You have to look at the big picture, not
just ONE check. You can have a trend of relieving the tax burden on people
and businesses or a trend of increasing the burden. My wife has a Flower
Shop and the taxes are driving her under. She has to work like a dog,
because she had to let all go, except our daughter, because she was not
making enough to pay all the taxes you have to pay to be allowed to have an
employee. I see you like the burden of taxes and complain if the trend is
towards reduced taxes and that's no Bu****, hehehe

Jonathan Ganz

Well, maybe they'll give me $300 just like Bu****. That certainly made my
year.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"FamilySailor" wrote in message
I was wondering if the Democratic party really cared about the people when
they say they want to raise the minimum wage. Then it occurred to

my........
that would increase the amount of income tax they receive by who knows how
much..... I think I stumbled onto the real motivation..... They want more

of
our money!

felton

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:29:27 -0500, "FamilySailor" wrote:

[...]

Actually I think the "big picture" is that the Government is borrowing
money to pay you that $300 and "not raise" your taxes. They send
those $300 checks out as if they are doing you a great favor and to
buy votes. The only problem is that *you* will be expected to pay
that back. The only money the government has is *our* money, after
all.

FamilySailor

Actually I think the "big picture" is that the Government is borrowing
money to pay you that $300 and "not raise" your taxes. They send
those $300 checks out as if they are doing you a great favor and to
buy votes. The only problem is that *you* will be expected to pay
that back. The only money the government has is *our* money, after
all.

Actually Tax laws were set under previous administrations and were not
intending to borrow but to take and keep our money. The current
administration would not let them keep what they tried to take, duh

Now they are withhold less, duhhhh
Man! rotflmao.... "Big Picture" ROTFLMAO!!!

FamilySailor

Trollin, trollin, trollin..... ; )
__________/)_____

felton

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:51:08 -0500, "FamilySailor" wrote:

Actually I think the "big picture" is that the Government is borrowing
money to pay you that $300 and "not raise" your taxes. They send
those $300 checks out as if they are doing you a great favor and to
buy votes. The only problem is that *you* will be expected to pay
that back. The only money the government has is *our* money, after
all.

Actually Tax laws were set under previous administrations and were not
intending to borrow but to take and keep our money. The current
administration would not let them keep what they tried to take, duh

Now they are withhold less, duhhhh
Man! rotflmao.... "Big Picture" ROTFLMAO!!!

I confess I have no idea what you just said. My basic point, if it
went over your head, is that sending rebates to taxpayers when the
Federal government is operating at a deficit is simply borrowing money
*from* you to buy your vote. *You* will have to pay back the loan.
If that is too complex for you, I can understand your support for the
the "fiscally concersative" Republicans.

FamilySailor

I confess I have no idea what you just said.

Do I look surprised? hehehehe

felton

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 15:28:25 -0500, "FamilySailor" wrote:

I confess I have no idea what you just said.

Do I look surprised? hehehehe

I can't tell. Confused, yes.