posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default 12v video distribution amp?

Anyone know of a source for a video/audio distribution amp? I need to drive
two televisions off the video/audio outputs from a single DVD player. Using
just y-splitters doesn't work, of course. There's the usual radioshaft
units but they're 110vac, not 12vdc.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Why not run DVD into an RF modulator, then just coax cable in as many TVs
on Channel 3 or 4 as you want? Boat TV isn't exactly high def, is it?

Boat already has video/audio to existing TV and I have no desire to pull
coax to it. Adding another TV and I'd prefer to avoid using RF channels.
No sense having one TV get a/v and the other get RF only to hear the admiral
complain.

posted to rec.boats.electronics
Ed Ed is offline

inverter???

OR....

many 110V ones are actually converted to 5V or 7.5 or if you are
lucky....12... DC to DC converters are available at RS.

Bill Kearney wrote:
Anyone know of a source for a video/audio distribution amp? I need to drive
two televisions off the video/audio outputs from a single DVD player. Using
just y-splitters doesn't work, of course. There's the usual radioshaft
units but they're 110vac, not 12vdc.

Do a google search on 'Pyle video distribution amp' . I have used these
many times. They work well and are reasonably priced.

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Check out the Channel Plus modulator - these are provided with a 110VAC to
12VDC wall transformer for power.

I use one in my home theater to supply DVD and VCR to all tv sets in the
house. they are programmable for any open channel and support stereo and
infrared remote.

http://www.channelplus.com/product_d...p?productId=99

Dave

t...