JAXAshby

Default What does MIT say about ionization and lightning??

take a guess.
Phil Morris

Jax,

They're all fools here. Some want to insulate their boat but the ionization
potential renders insulation useless, let alone the effects of induced
currents; they want to inject ions in the vicinity of their boats, yet to
create enough potential to neutralize lightning it would, in fact, generate
enough potential to cause lightning from their own boats; because they don't
understand lightning, electricity, or atmospheric electrodynamics, they
claim that lightning is magic - defies all physical laws; they want to
ground their boats to make it part of the lightning discharge
circuit -increasing the chances of getting struck!; the science teacher
claims some special, hidden knowledge of electricity, but yet is not
practiced in the art, he should stick to poetry. Ah yes the fools suffer,
some even buy wonder products from the black magicians. God bless Iron Joe
of the rusty Faraday cage! What doesn't get him in a thunder clap will
slowly rot out his hulk by electrolysis.

There's a simple method to reduce the chances of being struck by many orders
of magnitude by towing a lightning distraction bouy. It's proven many times
over.

Phil

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
take a guess.

Scout

Phil,
Why do you make so many assumptions? Do you do this often? It's a dangerous
habit and will only cause you embarrassment and heartache. Are you Jaxie in
drag? Do you agree with a man who says electricity has nothing to do with
mathematics and in the same post uses math to describe the potential of
lightning?
You claim that "they're all fools here" - it seems to me that every post has
pointed out the futility in such systems. Did I miss the post you refer to?
The fact is that the science teacher claims no 'hidden' knowledge of
electricity, and said only that it follows strict rules of behavior. Would
you care to argue that point?
The science teacher never claimed to buy into lightning protection on a
boat, and therefore, has no such system, are you assuming otherwise? Do you
see any post in which he defends these systems, or are his questions merely
conversational in nature? Are you afraid of friendly discussion?
I'll discuss poetry OR electricity with you. You can begin, I'll respond.
Better yet, stick to posting your boring version of the truth in politics.
At least then you're easier to ignore.
Scout

"Phil Morris" wrote in message
link.net...
[...]

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
take a guess.

JAXAshby

swcoutn? wanna tell us what the boys and girls at MIT have to say on the
subject?

Do you know what MIT is?

do you know what lightning is?

do you know anything?

From: "Scout"
Date: 8/22/2004 10:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time
[...]

hlink.net...
[...]

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
take a guess.

Scout

Yes, it's my guess as to what pushed your brain through your eardrum.
I have a question for you now tough guy, even though you wisely chose to
ignore my last challenge: you wanna tell me what MY opinion is regarding
lightning protection on boats? I've read what MIT has to say, what the U.S.
Navy has to say, what the NLSI has to say. I also wanted to know what
sailors had to say.
I can't figure out what your role is here. Village idiot I suppose.
Scout

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
do you know what lightning is?

JAXAshby

The only method that "might" have some benefit is to anchor near someone with
taller mast than your own. It's just a theory, of course, but it has always
worked for me!

BB

actually, owning a St Christopher medal is no less effective.

Scout

Look for the angry genius preaching on the soapbox and shaking his fist at
the sky; anchor near him; it'll be Jaxie.
Scout

wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 02:05:41 GMT, "Scout" wrote:

[...]

with a
[...]

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
take a guess.

JAXAshby

Look for the angry genius preaching on the soapbox and shaking his fist at
the sky; anchor near him; it'll be Jaxie.
Scout

look for the village idiot along side the cardboard box, with his shoes off,
mubbling at his shoe laces. it's be scwount.

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
take a guess.

Scout

Make sure you use a copper cable as a tow line or it won't work.
By the way, this last paragraph suggests that you believe lightning
protection IS available. So which is it? Are you schizophrenic? John Kerry,
is this really you?
Scout

"Phil Morris" wrote
There's a simple method to reduce the chances of being struck by many

orders
of magnitude by towing a lightning distraction bouy. It's proven many

times
over.

Phil

"JAXAshby" wrote in message