Default No camera damnit

Just got back from walking the dogs. Walking down Westchester St., thought I saw a big bird in a
tree - a really big bird. Then I thought maybe it's a squirrel's nest. As I got closer, it looked
more and more like a really big bird with a white head. Sure enough, there was a bald eagle in an
oak behind one of the houses on the street. I stood there watching him and flagging down cars to
take a view. They all had fancy cell phones with cameras.

Finally, a seagull flew by the eagle, and the eagle took off. Don't know if it went after the
seagull or what, but it was a beautiful sight.

I've never seen one up here, although they're seen frequently further south along the Potomac.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

Tim Tim is offline

On Saturday, January 4, 2014 4:04:52 PM UTC-6, John H. wrote:
Just got back from walking the dogs. Walking down Westchester St., thought I saw a big bird in a

tree - a really big bird. Then I thought maybe it's a squirrel's nest. As I got closer, it looked

more and more like a really big bird with a white head. Sure enough, there was a bald eagle in an

oak behind one of the houses on the street. I stood there watching him and flagging down cars to

take a view. They all had fancy cell phones with cameras.

Finally, a seagull flew by the eagle, and the eagle took off. Don't know if it went after the

seagull or what, but it was a beautiful sight.

I've never seen one up here, although they're seen frequently further south along the Potomac.

--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

We've had an unusual load of hawks and 'fish eagles' here this summer. Probably taking advantage of the large rains and back waters from last year. not to mention the small game that's in abundance.

That eagle should take advantage of the sea gull though.

On Saturday, 4 January 2014 18:59:40 UTC-4, Tim wrote:
[...]

Here's the eagle that was hanging around my sister's house in cape Breton.
The utility pole fed a detached garage a bit in from the road.
My brother-in-law would throw a frozen fish onto the field on occasion.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps4c1c999e.jpg

On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 08:54:31 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

[...]

Beautiful shot. I'm not wild about the throwing of the fish though. They get used to eating stuff
thrown out by humans and soon they're eating crap, or worse. That guy looks as though he's well able
to get his own food. Hope he doesn't electrocute himself. My wife was watching eagles on the 'net,
and one that had hatched while she was watching killed himself landing on electric wires.

On 1/5/2014 12:26 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
My wife was watching eagles on the 'net,
and one that had hatched while she was watching killed himself landing on electric wires.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

I see birds sitting on power lines all the time.

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 12:45:56 -0500, hank wrote:

On 1/5/2014 12:26 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
My wife was watching eagles on the 'net,
and one that had hatched while she was watching killed himself landing on electric wires.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

I see birds sitting on power lines all the time.

I think they have to be big enough to touch two of them at a time, or ground themselves, or some
damn thing. I know sitting on one wire and touching nothing else is safe.

hank wrote:
On 1/5/2014 12:26 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
My wife was watching eagles on the 'net,
and one that had hatched while she was watching killed himself landing on electric wires.
--

Hope you're day is spectacular!

I see birds sitting on power lines all the time.

The problem with the large birds, is their wings are wide enough to span
two wires. Lots of the high voltage lines are non insulated on the power
poles.

On 1/5/2014 11:54 AM, True North wrote:

Here's the eagle that was hanging around my sister's house in cape Breton.
The utility pole fed a detached garage a bit in from the road.
My brother-in-law would throw a frozen fish onto the field on occasion.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps4c1c999e.jpg

That's a great picture.

My younger son has become a somewhat accomplished photographer and
specializes in wildlife and landscape photography. One of his pictures
recently won first prize in a Boston photography contest.

Here's a link to a slide show of some of his wildlife images. He spends
his "off" time from work tromping around in local conservation lands
looking for subjects to photograph.

The second link is some of the landscape images taken locally: He had
several of them printed on canvas and has sold a few.

http://www.tailwagphotography.com/wildlife.html

http://www.tailwagphotography.com/south-shore-massachusetts.html

On Sunday, 5 January 2014 13:45:03 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Nice pictures.. he seems to have a talent for photographing wildlife.
I'm betting he has a full frame camera with a serious telephoto lens.

On 1/5/2014 1:06 PM, True North wrote:
[...]

Not really. He started out using a used Nikon D70. In fact, I bought
it from Harry a few years ago. Then he "inherited" my wife's Nikon D300
and several lenses that she had for it, including a pricey
auto-stabilizing telephoto. He also uses a Sony alpha NEX-6 with
several lenses he has for it. One is a macro lens that is incredible.

What is your favoriets camera? scackunny General 5 October 14th 11 03:09 PM
Another new camera... Larry Cruising 0 May 15th 09 05:17 AM
OT Boat & GP Camera Butch Davis General 16 December 18th 06 08:11 PM
Thomas and the New Camera Capt. Rob ASA 8 September 28th 06 01:53 AM
Scotty's Camera Capt. Rob ASA 19 August 23rd 06 11:30 AM