Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Scotty's Camera

Scotty, J&R is selling the Casio Z120 for 219.00

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4056143

This camera has a real finder, very good focusing, some manual
settings, a good movie mode and so on. I know you want to spend a few
bucks less, but this unit will probably be worth a few extra dollars. I
paid 300 for mine and even at that price, it's quite worth it. It's
also small, yet easy to handle for my big hands. The only thing I don't
like is the anti-shake mode which it achieves by boosting ISO, but you
can turn that off. Focus is really the only limit to shutter lag which
is very slight. This camera also uses regular AA rechargeables....no
special battery.

Some shots with the Z120:

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/friday.jpg
http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/momwheelweby.jpg

And this is more than a 100% crop of an image showing fairly good
sharpness for such a small optical set.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/imag...esailorweb.jpg

More on the Z120 he
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_...s/ex-z120.html

RB

Looking for a new camera for the boat? Capt. Rob ASA 7 February 5th 06 02:02 AM
I like the Fuji Quicksnap Camera SUZY ASA 0 February 3rd 06 08:57 PM
Waterproof Camera muzz UK Paddle 4 January 1st 06 03:07 PM
Image Stabilized Digital Camera on a boat junktin Cruising 23 March 13th 05 02:55 AM
Ladies and Gents.... Overproof ASA 18 December 16th 04 01:38 AM