Default value of unions

On 10/13/13 10:10 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 11:25:03 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

That was before OSHA, labor laws and TV lawyers.

Which came about because of organized unions.

Like most things, they ran out of things to make better so they
started making things worse and now they are done.

Things are worse now because we don't have kids 10 years old getting
hands severed, working 15 hour days in unsafe factories with no safety
equipment, if you get hurt you are just out of a job, bosses that beat
them to get more production, and on and on? Really?

Things are worse in union states because companies are moving to right
to work states ... and we don't have 10 year olds getting their hands
cut off, without the union.

Oh ****!!! You've GOT to be kidding me!!!! Of course you don't have kids
getting hands cut off, laws and work rules are in place because of the
unions of the past. That above is just silly and something I'd expect of
Scotty.

The problem with unions, especially "public service unions" is
extortion. BART rapid transit has already struck once and the 60 day
cooling off period is expiring. They demand 4% a year for the next 4
years. Lowest paid starting job is janitor. $57,000 a year. Train
drivers are making $70k a year. GED or HS diploma required. Maybe.
They pay $93 a month for their health plan, no matter how big the family
is. Fully paid retirement plan. Making more than teachers, and most of
the riders. Lots here have taken big cuts in pay, or lost their jobs.
2600 applicants when ever a BART job opens up. The union demanding a
raise while vastly overpaid or they shut down the commuter trains for a
half million riders. Extortion.

On 10/13/13, 1:22 PM, Bill McKee wrote:
[...]

$70,000 a year is chump change for someone who has to live in the S.F.
area.
Banned

On Friday, October 11, 2013 10:48:04 PM UTC-4, True North wrote:
If anyone doubts the value of unions protecting workers rights, they should try to watch the CBC's Fifth Estate documentary on 'Made in Bangladesh'

This talks about the working conditions leading up to the collapse of a factory killing over a thousand people... most making twenty five cents an hour producing cheap fashion clothing for North American market.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/

**** off asshole. You could care less about these people. ALL you are doing here is trying to look like your master, Krause.
Banned

On Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:10:47 PM UTC-4, iBoaterer wrote:
That above is just silly and something I'd expect of

Scotty.

Sit DOWN asshole, you've also added NOTHING.

On Sunday, 13 October 2013 16:25:31 UTC-3, wrote:
On Friday, October 11, 2013 10:48:04 PM UTC-4, True North wrote:

If anyone doubts the value of unions protecting workers rights, they should try to watch the CBC's Fifth Estate documentary on 'Made in Bangladesh'

This talks about the working conditions leading up to the collapse of a factory killing over a thousand people... most making twenty five cents an hour producing cheap fashion clothing for North American market.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/

**** off asshole. You could care less about these people. ALL you are doing here is trying to look like your master, Krause.

Get lost, jackass.
Flagged for the idiot that he is!
Banned

On Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:59:18 PM UTC-4, True North wrote:

Get lost, jackass.

Flagged for the idiot that he is!

At least I can tell ,when my Boat is trimmed properly, WITHOUT the need for a old, Fatmans Guage.

I can also back up my trailered Boat. Something you cant handle....being so ****ing STUPID.

You're a zero, ****face.

On 10/13/13, 5:59 PM, True North wrote:
On Sunday, 13 October 2013 16:25:31 UTC-3, wrote:
On Friday, October 11, 2013 10:48:04 PM UTC-4, True North wrote:

If anyone doubts the value of unions protecting workers rights, they should try to watch the CBC's Fifth Estate documentary on 'Made in Bangladesh'

This talks about the working conditions leading up to the collapse of a factory killing over a thousand people... most making twenty five cents an hour producing cheap fashion clothing for North American market.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/

**** off asshole. You could care less about these people. ALL you are doing here is trying to look like your master, Krause.

Get lost, jackass.
Flagged for the idiot that he is!

Why read or comment on posts from Slammer? Hardly anyone else does,
other than the usual right-wing trash.

In article , says...

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 12:52:22 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 09:09:48 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 19:48:04 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

If anyone doubts the value of unions protecting workers rights, they should try to watch the CBC's Fifth Estate documentary on 'Made in Bangladesh'
This talks about the working conditions leading up to the collapse of a factory killing over a thousand people... most making twenty five cents an hour producing cheap fashion clothing for North American market.
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/

What does this have to do with unions today, particularly in North
America?

A lot. If it weren't for unions, kids would be still working in unsafe
conditions for slave wages. Have you not read historical accounts of the
conditions that people had to work in in the factories of the northeast?

That was before OSHA, labor laws and TV lawyers.

Which came about because of organized unions.

Like most things, they ran out of things to make better so they
started making things worse and now they are done.

Things are worse now because we don't have kids 10 years old getting
hands severed, working 15 hour days in unsafe factories with no safety
equipment, if you get hurt you are just out of a job, bosses that beat
them to get more production, and on and on? Really?

When I was 10 years old we were riding bikes off of our home build ramps and breaking some
part of our bodies every couple of days. We were blowing stuff up with firecrackers and
burning our hands when we held a Black Cat (firecracker) in our hands while it exploded.
Those were the days when kids got to be kids and explore things and learn the harsh lessons
of life.

On 10/13/2013 6:37 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

And one dumb Canuck.