Default Looks like ammo is becoming more available...

wrote:
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 22:22:07 -0400, Earl wrote:

Eisboch wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

John (Gun Nut) H.

---------------------------------

I stopped over to my favorite gun shop this morning and noticed that
for the first time in many months, the ammo shelves were much better
stocked.
They still have a purchase limit, but at least they have some. I
need to bring my glasses though. Grabbed a box of what I thought were
.357 cal but fortunately the shop owner is familiar with what I buy.
The box was actually .327 cal .... something I've never heard of.

While I was there I happened to notice an unusual handgun in the used
case and asked to see it. Turns out it was a first series, 1921 Colt
"Woodsman" .22 cal semi-automatic. Actually, it's referred to as the
"pre-Woodsman" because Colt didn't put the name "Woodsman" on them
until after 1926. One thing led to another and it's now part of my
collection.

http://tinyurl.com/kx8u87v

Looks a lot like my Ruger .22 pistol. They are a lot of fun to shoot
and quite accurate.

I have an old "Targetsman", basically a Woodsman with target sights
but not the heavy barrel in the "Target Model Woodsman".
It looks very similar to that.
I am not sure how many rounds I have shot through it but that was one
or he other of the 2 that I shot almost every day in Maryland. (the
other being handloads in my .38)

I have read that Colt quality has suffered and that's a shame if it's
true. When I was looking for a .45 1911 I skipped the Colt as much as I
would have liked the "original" 1911. I do have a Colt AR15 that is
about about 20 years old.

On 8/3/2013 3:21 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

On 8/3/13 2:18 PM, Eisboch wrote:

Scott has been pushing this government conspiracy theory since the
shortages first started. It wasn't true then and it's not true now.
The purchases by the DHS may have exasperated the shortage, but it was
primarily due to panic buying by private citizens.

Now you've gone and done it.

-----------------------

http://tinyurl.com/mldo48c

Love the way you all leave my comment right out of your little circle
jerk... Guess it's easier to "krause" the comments that way Carry on...

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

On 8/3/13 2:18 PM, Eisboch wrote:

Scott has been pushing this government conspiracy theory since the
shortages first started. It wasn't true then and it's not true
now.
The purchases by the DHS may have exasperated the shortage, but it
was
primarily due to panic buying by private citizens.

Now you've gone and done it.

-----------------------

http://tinyurl.com/mldo48c

Love the way you all leave my comment right out of your little circle
jerk... Guess it's easier to "krause" the comments that way Carry
on...

--------------------------

Want a hankie?

Tim Tim is offline

On Friday, August 2, 2013 3:32:17 PM UTC-5, amdx wrote:
On 8/2/2013 3:20 PM, John H wrote:

http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm

John (Gun Nut) H.

"Woman stops gator attack with a small Beretta pistol."

This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed

woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator. What is the

smallest caliber that you would trust to protect yourself?

A Beretta Jetfire testimonial.

Here is her story:

While out walking along the edge of a bayou just below Houma, Louisiana

with my soon to be ex-husband discussing property settlement and other

divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-ft. alligator suddenly

emerging from the murky water and charging us with its large jaws wide

open. She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely

aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire .25 caliber

pistol with me, I would not be here today!

Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took. The

gator got him easily and I was able to escape by just walking away at a

brisk pace. It's one of the best pistols in my collection! Plus ...

the amount I saved in lawyer's fees was more than worth the purchase

price of the gun.

LOL!

But to answer your question. the .25 did the job, but though a larger diameter bullet than a .22 long rifle- the .22 actually does more damage due to deeper tissue penetration.

"Tim" wrote in message

But to answer your question. the .25 did the job, but though a larger
diameter bullet than a .22 long rifle- the .22 actually does more
damage due to deeper tissue penetration.

----------------------------

Seems like many of the "Swamp People" (people who hunt alligators on
the History Channel) use a .22 rifle to kill the 'gater.
Single shot to the head.

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

On 8/3/13 2:18 PM, Eisboch wrote:

Scott has been pushing this government conspiracy theory since the
shortages first started. It wasn't true then and it's not true now.
The purchases by the DHS may have exasperated the shortage, but it was
primarily due to panic buying by private citizens.

Now you've gone and done it.

-----------------------

http://tinyurl.com/mldo48c

Love the way you all leave my comment right out of your little circle
jerk... Guess it's easier to "krause" the comments that way Carry on...

--------------------------

Want a hankie?

Wow... maybe you should get better informed so you are right once in a
while, then you wouldn't have to act so much like harry....

Eisboch wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

[...]

My dad had a Woodsman in the middle 1950's. most I inaccurate weapon he
ever bought. Traded it for a Bengemen air pistol, had about a 5' diameter
area it would try to hit at 25 yards. Bench rest shooting.

Tim wrote:
On Friday, August 2, 2013 4:18:20 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:
On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:54:08 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

[...]

I like it. Looks like it'll be fun to shoot also. I'd never heard of
.327 caliber either. A friend

was telling me today of shooting his Winchester .44-40 rifle. That's
another I'd never heard of.

While down at Solomons last week I let one of the grandsons practice
field stripping the Marlin Mod

59 .22 semi-auto rifle. He was totally thrilled. I couldn't let him take
it home because they didn't

have a way to lock it up. The gun case I ordered came today,so I'll give
it to the dad this weekend.

Dad and son are thrilled.

John (Gun Nut) H.

--

Hope you're having a great day!

My aunt used to have a 5 shot Smith in 32. Kind of obsolete and rare. I
wonder if this a re-intro of the same cartridge?

The 1866 Winchester, The Yellow Boy, was .44-40. Several guns were
chambered for it, including some pistols. Was .44 bore with 40 grains of
black power powering the round. There were .44 caliber cap and ball
pistols and they only required the cylinders to be modified to fire the
Winchester cartridge.

"Califbill" wrote in message

My dad had a Woodsman in the middle 1950's. most I inaccurate weapon
he
ever bought. Traded it for a Bengemen air pistol, had about a 5'
diameter
area it would try to hit at 25 yards. Bench rest shooting.

----------------------------------

Yeah, I am curious to see how accurate this 1921 Woodsman is .... or
isn't. You would think that with a 6-5/8" barrel it would be
accurate.
I'll be going over to the range on Monday to see.

On 8/3/2013 9:27 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"JustWaitAFrekinMinute" wrote in message

On 8/3/2013 2:18 PM, Eisboch wrote:

No, you were never correct. You made a big deal a while back about
the
ammo shortage being caused by some kind of government conspiracy ,
i.e.
the Department of Homeland Security buying up everything
manufacturers
could make. It simply wasn't true, as attested to by virtually
every
ammo manufacturer.

So, did they order 1.6 billion rounds.. if so my comment is correct.
Did
it help make for a shortage, if so my other comment is correct.
Reading
your posts, it seems this is the case. But do go on...

Scott, your idea of being correct is the same as a broken clock. It
still reads accurately twice a day but is otherwise worthless.

9mm Ammo for Sale F.O.A.D. General 19 June 18th 13 01:19 AM
9mm Ammo for Sale F.O.A.D. General 1 June 12th 13 09:18 AM
Ammo F.O.A.D. General 11 May 7th 13 12:45 PM
Hey guns and ammo can't hurt anybody Meyer[_2_] General 0 September 29th 12 01:05 PM