Default Oldie but Goodie: Boat-Related

My brother sent this along. He says it has been circulating for ages,
but I've not seen it before.

It's perfect for this newsgroup and its non-boating right-wing ****
slingers.

"An interesting fact about Manu In the 16th and 17th centuries,
everything had to be transported by ship, and it was also before the
invention of commercial fertilizers, so large shipments of manure were
quite common. It was shipped dry, because in dry form, it weighed a lot
less than when wet. But once water (at sea) hit it, not only did it
become heavier, but the process of fermentation began again, of which a
by product is methane gas of course. Since the stuff was stored below
decks in bundles, you can see what could (and did) happen. Methane began
to build up below decks, and the first time someone came below at night
with a lantern -- BOOM! Several ships were destroyed in this manner
before it was determined just what was happening. After that, the
bundles of manure were always stamped with 'Stow high in transit' on
them, which meant for the sailors to stow it high enough off the lower
decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this
volatile cargo and start the production of methane.

"This evolved the term 'S.H.I.T.', (Stow High In Transit) which has come
down through the centuries and is in use to this very day. You probably
did not know the true history of this word."

On 7/18/2013 12:21 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

Best post from you in a year.

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:21:49 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

Here's the real bull**** story:

A young man with his pants hanging half off his ass, two gold front teeth, and a half inch thick
gold chain around his neck; walked into the local welfare office to pick up his check.
He marched up to the counter and said, "Hi. You know,
I just HATE drawing welfare. I'd really rather have a job.
I don't like taking advantage of the System, getting something for nothing."
The social worker behind the counter said "Your timing is excellent.
We Just got a job opening from a very wealthy old man who wants
A chauffeur and bodyguard for his beautiful daughter.
You'll have to drive around in his 2012 Mercedes-Benz CL,
And he will supply all of your clothes."
"Because of the long hours, meals will be provided.
You'll also be expected to escort the daughter on her overseas holiday trips.
This is rather awkward to say, but you will also have, as part of your job,
The assignment to satisfy her sexual urges as the daughter is in her mid-20's
And has a rather strong sex drive."
The guy, just plain wide-eyed, said, "You're bull****tin' me!"
The social worker said, "Yeah, well... You started it." .....

John (Gun Nut) H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

On 7/18/13 4:27 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

What a bigoted narrow minded piece of trash you are.

Herring is just seething with hatred for minorities of color, and his
anecdote is all the proof you need.

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 16:34:10 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

[...]

Color? Is this color?

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...KWHT_zoom1.jpg

You're a joke, FOAD.

John (Gun Nut) H.

On 7/19/2013 9:05 AM, John H wrote:
[...]

I think Harry's profiling, cuz there was no reference to colored people
in your joke.

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 16:27:24 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

What bigoted? Here's your boy. Missed the gold chains.

[...]

Bigoted and one prone to sterotype.

[...]

Harry thought the joke struck too close to home for his liking.

Another goodie... John H[_2_] General 0 October 10th 11 05:10 PM
An Oldie, but Goodie TopBassDog General 4 September 7th 11 02:48 AM
An Oldie but Goldie Secular Humourist General 82 October 4th 10 01:41 PM
An oldie... HK General 5 July 9th 09 06:49 PM
Goodie! got a little bit of snow last night. Tim General 19 December 7th 08 11:40 PM