Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Does it matter that Jason Collins says he is gay?

Why should I care if Washington Wizards basketball player Jason Collins
is gay, straight, or undetermined? I don't follow pro basketball, but if
Collins is good enough to play in the NBA, why should anyone give a damn
about his sexual preference?

It didn't make any difference to me when I read that Leonardo da Vinci
might have been gay, and he was a guy who really mattered.

I do understand why announcing his preference might matter to Collins,
but really, why does anyone else care? Yet, it seems that many people do.

D'oh.