DownTime

Default Salt Shaker Information

Anyone have any personal(hopefully non-biased or politically motivated)
experience / knowledge / comments of Salt Shaker boats? A local marina has a
1999, 29 ft. twin OB, on the consignment lot and from first looks, it has
what we are looking for. I have received no response from my request for
performance information from the manufacturer, so as far as I am concerned
at this very moment, without more information we are not interested enough
to begin negotiating.

A search of a few brokerages and I find a few, but the I am interested in
more book value as compared to owner's perceived value. Before anyone takes
offense to that comment, I am well aware my personal opinion of MY boat's
value may not accurately reflect that listed in any book.

Also, I find nothing listed at nadaguides.com to determine if the asking
price is reasonable. My opinion is that it is priced too high, and probably
explains why it is still sitting there, but you gotta know where to start.

thanx in advance...

Sandy K.

"DownTime" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Saw a few Salt Shaker boats at the NY/NJ International Boat Show on
Saturday. When I commented to the sales rep that I had never heard of them
previously - he said that they are Blackfins. Seems BlackfFin went under
and now they're being sold under the Salt Shaker name. When we went
aboard,, I noticed Blackfin labeling on the A/C vent, so the reps story made
sense. So, check the nadaguide and any other sources for Blackfin.

Good luck,
Sandy K.

DownTime

Sandy,

Thanx for the info, but honestly I knew about the BlackFin connection. Maybe
this is part of what is bothering me a little. I have seen Salt Shaker boats
a few times around South Florida over the years and had always admired them
from a far. Not seeing them listed in the used boat guides does concern me.

Dean

"Sandy K." wrote in message

"DownTime" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

JDavis1277

Dean,

I'd guess there just are not enough of the brand sold to provide any meaningful
statistical information of value via BUC or any other valuation guides.

If the boat interests you ask for a ride. If the ride and performance suit you
make an offer. If the offer is accepted hire a surveyor. If the survey is
acceptable buy the boat.

Are not these boats mostly one offs to suit individual buyers? Not too many
stock/spec boats produced with the Salt Shaker name, no?

Butch

Sandy,

Thanx for the info, but honestly I knew about the BlackFin connection. Maybe
this is part of what is bothering me a little. I have seen Salt Shaker boats
a few times around South Florida over the years and had always admired them
from a far. Not seeing them listed in the used boat guides does concern me.

Dean

"Sandy K." wrote in message

. com...