DownTime

Default Salt Shaker Information

Sandy,

Thanx for the info, but honestly I knew about the BlackFin connection. Maybe
this is part of what is bothering me a little. I have seen Salt Shaker boats
a few times around South Florida over the years and had always admired them
from a far. Not seeing them listed in the used boat guides does concern me.

Dean

"Sandy K." wrote in message

"DownTime" wrote in message
. com...
Anyone have any personal(hopefully non-biased or politically motivated)
experience / knowledge / comments of Salt Shaker boats? A local marina

has
1999, 29 ft. twin OB, on the consignment lot and from first looks, it

has
what we are looking for. I have received no response from my request for
performance information from the manufacturer, so as far as I am

concerned
at this very moment, without more information we are not interested

enough
to begin negotiating.

A search of a few brokerages and I find a few, but the I am interested

in
more book value as compared to owner's perceived value. Before anyone

takes
offense to that comment, I am well aware my personal opinion of MY

boat's
value may not accurately reflect that listed in any book.

Also, I find nothing listed at nadaguides.com to determine if the asking
price is reasonable. My opinion is that it is priced too high, and

probably
explains why it is still sitting there, but you gotta know where to

start.

thanx in advance...

Saw a few Salt Shaker boats at the NY/NJ International Boat Show on
Saturday. When I commented to the sales rep that I had never heard of

them
previously - he said that they are Blackfins. Seems BlackfFin went under
and now they're being sold under the Salt Shaker name. When we went
aboard,, I noticed Blackfin labeling on the A/C vent, so the reps story

made
sense. So, check the nadaguide and any other sources for Blackfin.

Good luck,
Sandy K.