Default Here you go Dick...

.... you know guys, if you stop looking to Anderson Cooper and Racheal
Maddcow for your news, you may even become an informed American voter....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...dhs-stocks-up/

Soooo, take a quick check and verify what I said earlier like Greg
usually does for me... I don't make this **** up, even if you don't like
the way I present it.

On 3/29/13 6:43 AM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
... you know guys, if you stop looking to Anderson Cooper and Racheal
Maddcow for your news, you may even become an informed American voter....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...dhs-stocks-up/

Soooo, take a quick check and verify what I said earlier like Greg
usually does for me... I don't make this **** up, even if you don't like
the way I present it.

You ignorant little ****, do you even read what you post before you post
it and then claim "facts" not in play?

From your article:

Local law enforcement face ammo shortage as gun owners, DHS stock up

Published March 23, 2013

| FoxNews.com

Local law enforcement agencies across the country are facing an ammo
shortage, as gun owners concerned about new laws at the federal and
state level stock up on firearms and bullets.

At the same time, the Department of Homeland Security has said it
*wants* to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next
four or five years -- which could put further strain on the supply.

The shortage, coupled with an increase in prices, comes as many gun
owners head to the stores in anticipation of new gun control laws.
States like Colorado and New York have already approved such
legislation, while Democrats move toward bringing a bill to the Senate
floor. At the moment, the congressional bill does not include an
assault-weapons ban, but a ban is expected to be floated as an amendment.

Still, what one official described as "panic-buying" set in, as
lawmakers rallied to draft new legislation in the wake of a series of
tragic mass shootings last year, from Aurora, Colo., to Oak Creek, Wis.,
to Newtown, Conn.

------

The shortage is being cause by "panic buying" by gun nuts, not by mass
purchases of ammo by a federal agency.

There are dozens and dozens of calibers used in firearms and within
those categories of dozens of different varieties. DHS is only intending
to buy ammo in a couple of these categories, and has no use for ammo in
most of the calibers available.

Ammo *is* in short supply, an artificial situation caused by gun owners
and ammo manufactuers, the former because they are just plain stupid
sheeples and the latter because they see a way to make extra bucks.

Who is a stupid sheeple? Your buddy Herring, for one, who apparently
drives over to Wal-Mart every morning to see if he can buy five more
boxes of ammo.

If the DHS wants to buy a boatload of ammo over the next five years, it
will contract directly with the manufacturers, and the manufacturers who
get the contracts will ramp up production of the calibers the agency
wants. There is no shortage of ammo manufacturers willing to suck on the
government's teat for five years.

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
news
On 3/29/13 6:43 AM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
... you know guys, if you stop looking to Anderson Cooper and
Racheal
Maddcow for your news, you may even become an informed American
voter....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...dhs-stocks-up/

Soooo, take a quick check and verify what I said earlier like Greg
usually does for me... I don't make this **** up, even if you don't
like
the way I present it.

You ignorant little ****, do you even read what you post before you
post
it and then claim "facts" not in play?

From your article:

Local law enforcement face ammo shortage as gun owners, DHS stock up

Published March 23, 2013

| FoxNews.com

Local law enforcement agencies across the country are facing an ammo
shortage, as gun owners concerned about new laws at the federal and
state level stock up on firearms and bullets.

At the same time, the Department of Homeland Security has said it
*wants* to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next
four or five years -- which could put further strain on the supply.

The shortage, coupled with an increase in prices, comes as many gun
owners head to the stores in anticipation of new gun control laws.
States like Colorado and New York have already approved such
legislation, while Democrats move toward bringing a bill to the Senate
floor. At the moment, the congressional bill does not include an
assault-weapons ban, but a ban is expected to be floated as an
amendment.

Still, what one official described as "panic-buying" set in, as
lawmakers rallied to draft new legislation in the wake of a series of
tragic mass shootings last year, from Aurora, Colo., to Oak Creek,
Wis.,
to Newtown, Conn.

------

The shortage is being cause by "panic buying" by gun nuts, not by mass
purchases of ammo by a federal agency.

There are dozens and dozens of calibers used in firearms and within
those categories of dozens of different varieties. DHS is only
intending
to buy ammo in a couple of these categories, and has no use for ammo
in
most of the calibers available.

Ammo *is* in short supply, an artificial situation caused by gun
owners
and ammo manufactuers, the former because they are just plain stupid
sheeples and the latter because they see a way to make extra bucks.

Who is a stupid sheeple? Your buddy Herring, for one, who apparently
drives over to Wal-Mart every morning to see if he can buy five more
boxes of ammo.

If the DHS wants to buy a boatload of ammo over the next five years,
it
will contract directly with the manufacturers, and the manufacturers
who
get the contracts will ramp up production of the calibers the agency
wants. There is no shortage of ammo manufacturers willing to suck on
the
government's teat for five years.

----------------------------------

Heh. I just scolded him for the same thing. I think he reads the
headlines only, not the article.

On 3/29/13 8:16 AM, Eisboch wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
news
On 3/29/13 6:43 AM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
... you know guys, if you stop looking to Anderson Cooper and Racheal
Maddcow for your news, you may even become an informed American voter....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...dhs-stocks-up/

Soooo, take a quick check and verify what I said earlier like Greg
usually does for me... I don't make this **** up, even if you don't like
the way I present it.

You ignorant little ****, do you even read what you post before you post
it and then claim "facts" not in play?

From your article:

Local law enforcement face ammo shortage as gun owners, DHS stock up

Published March 23, 2013

| FoxNews.com

Local law enforcement agencies across the country are facing an ammo
shortage, as gun owners concerned about new laws at the federal and
state level stock up on firearms and bullets.

At the same time, the Department of Homeland Security has said it
*wants* to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next
four or five years -- which could put further strain on the supply.

The shortage, coupled with an increase in prices, comes as many gun
owners head to the stores in anticipation of new gun control laws.
States like Colorado and New York have already approved such
legislation, while Democrats move toward bringing a bill to the Senate
floor. At the moment, the congressional bill does not include an
assault-weapons ban, but a ban is expected to be floated as an amendment.

Still, what one official described as "panic-buying" set in, as
lawmakers rallied to draft new legislation in the wake of a series of
tragic mass shootings last year, from Aurora, Colo., to Oak Creek, Wis.,
to Newtown, Conn.

------

The shortage is being cause by "panic buying" by gun nuts, not by mass
purchases of ammo by a federal agency.

There are dozens and dozens of calibers used in firearms and within
those categories of dozens of different varieties. DHS is only intending
to buy ammo in a couple of these categories, and has no use for ammo in
most of the calibers available.

Ammo *is* in short supply, an artificial situation caused by gun owners
and ammo manufactuers, the former because they are just plain stupid
sheeples and the latter because they see a way to make extra bucks.

Who is a stupid sheeple? Your buddy Herring, for one, who apparently
drives over to Wal-Mart every morning to see if he can buy five more
boxes of ammo.

If the DHS wants to buy a boatload of ammo over the next five years, it
will contract directly with the manufacturers, and the manufacturers who
get the contracts will ramp up production of the calibers the agency
wants. There is no shortage of ammo manufacturers willing to suck on the
government's teat for five years.

----------------------------------

Heh. I just scolded him for the same thing. I think he reads the
headlines only, not the article.

It is embarrassing that Scotty even claims to have graduated from a high
school in Connecticut.

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
news
On 3/29/13 6:43 AM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
... you know guys, if you stop looking to Anderson Cooper and
Racheal
Maddcow for your news, you may even become an informed American
voter....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...dhs-stocks-up/

Soooo, take a quick check and verify what I said earlier like Greg
usually does for me... I don't make this **** up, even if you don't
like
the way I present it.

You ignorant little ****, do you even read what you post before you
post
it and then claim "facts" not in play?

Last week my favorite gun shop was totally sold out of .380 ammo and I
had used up almost all I had at the range. They said they had more
coming in this past Wednesday, so yesterday I stopped in to check.
They had some, but all they could get was premium "law enforcement"
hollowpoints at $39 for a box of 50.

So much for DHS buying up all the ammo and "causing" the shortage.

On 3/29/13 8:27 AM, Eisboch wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
news
[...]

My friend with the 19th Century Mauser was complaining that he was
having a hard time finding 6.55 x 55 "Swedish" for his rifle. All of us
down here are *not* convinced it is because DHS has snarfed up all these
rounds for its 110-year-old rifles.

He did find a few boxes, but at two and a half times the price he
usually pays. I think he has a couple of boxes, and I'll keep an eye out
for what he wants if I happen to be in one of the local hunting/fishing
shops. He uses the Mauser for deer hunting. I like to shoot it at our
informal range, because it is a really nice bolt action rifle, and I
rarely have the opportunity to a rifle with a caliber larger than my
..22LR Thompson. But we do need some more ammo to play with the Mauser.

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

On 3/29/13 8:16 AM, Eisboch wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
news
On 3/29/13 6:43 AM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
... you know guys, if you stop looking to Anderson Cooper and
Racheal
Maddcow for your news, you may even become an informed American
voter....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...dhs-stocks-up/

Soooo, take a quick check and verify what I said earlier like Greg
usually does for me... I don't make this **** up, even if you don't
like
the way I present it.

You ignorant little ****, do you even read what you post before you
post
it and then claim "facts" not in play?

From your article:

Local law enforcement face ammo shortage as gun owners, DHS stock up

Published March 23, 2013

| FoxNews.com

Ammo *is* in short supply, an artificial situation caused by gun
owners
and ammo manufactuers, the former because they are just plain stupid
sheeples and the latter because they see a way to make extra bucks.

Who is a stupid sheeple? Your buddy Herring, for one, who apparently
drives over to Wal-Mart every morning to see if he can buy five more
boxes of ammo.

If the DHS wants to buy a boatload of ammo over the next five years,
it
will contract directly with the manufacturers, and the manufacturers
who
get the contracts will ramp up production of the calibers the agency
wants. There is no shortage of ammo manufacturers willing to suck on
the
government's teat for five years.

----------------------------------

Heh. I just scolded him for the same thing. I think he reads the
headlines only, not the article.

It is embarrassing that Scotty even claims to have graduated from a
high
school in Connecticut.

=======================

What really surprises me is the number of reasonably well educated
people (meaning they should be able to read and comprehend) who share
Scott's paranoia regarding guns and ammo shortages. Not all, but
some people I talk to or meet when I go to the range talk the same
talk and some are lawyers or other educated professionals. There are
a few obvious "preppers" here and there, but not many. Most of the
conversations center on types of firearms, experiences with them,
likes and dislikes, etc., but I am still surprised at the number of
people who think the government is plotting to take away their right
to own a gun.

In article ,
says...

... you know guys, if you stop looking to Anderson Cooper and Racheal
Maddcow for your news, you may even become an informed American voter....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...dhs-stocks-up/

Soooo, take a quick check and verify what I said earlier like Greg
usually does for me... I don't make this **** up, even if you don't like
the way I present it.

You stupid fool!!!!! They buy ammo all of the time anyway!!!!!! But what
about the armored vehicles, etc. you claim they are hoarding?

On 3/29/13 8:41 AM, Eisboch wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

On 3/29/13 8:16 AM, Eisboch wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
news
On 3/29/13 6:43 AM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
... you know guys, if you stop looking to Anderson Cooper and Racheal
Maddcow for your news, you may even become an informed American
voter....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...dhs-stocks-up/

Soooo, take a quick check and verify what I said earlier like Greg
usually does for me... I don't make this **** up, even if you don't like
the way I present it.

You ignorant little ****, do you even read what you post before you post
it and then claim "facts" not in play?

From your article:

Local law enforcement face ammo shortage as gun owners, DHS stock up

Published March 23, 2013

| FoxNews.com

Ammo *is* in short supply, an artificial situation caused by gun owners
and ammo manufactuers, the former because they are just plain stupid
sheeples and the latter because they see a way to make extra bucks.

Who is a stupid sheeple? Your buddy Herring, for one, who apparently
drives over to Wal-Mart every morning to see if he can buy five more
boxes of ammo.

If the DHS wants to buy a boatload of ammo over the next five years, it
will contract directly with the manufacturers, and the manufacturers who
get the contracts will ramp up production of the calibers the agency
wants. There is no shortage of ammo manufacturers willing to suck on the
government's teat for five years.

----------------------------------

Heh. I just scolded him for the same thing. I think he reads the
headlines only, not the article.

It is embarrassing that Scotty even claims to have graduated from a high
school in Connecticut.

=======================

What really surprises me is the number of reasonably well educated
people (meaning they should be able to read and comprehend) who share
Scott's paranoia regarding guns and ammo shortages. Not all, but some
people I talk to or meet when I go to the range talk the same talk and
some are lawyers or other educated professionals. There are a few
obvious "preppers" here and there, but not many. Most of the
conversations center on types of firearms, experiences with them, likes
and dislikes, etc., but I am still surprised at the number of people
who think the government is plotting to take away their right to own a gun.

Many Americans, I believe, are just too lazy and too disinterested to
follow current events carefully. They "hear" or "see" there's an ammo
shortage, they see crazies on TV blaming the government, and they
believe it.

On 3/29/2013 8:04 AM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 3/29/13 6:43 AM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
... you know guys, if you stop looking to Anderson Cooper and Racheal
Maddcow for your news, you may even become an informed American voter....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...dhs-stocks-up/

Soooo, take a quick check and verify what I said earlier like Greg
usually does for me... I don't make this **** up, even if you don't like
the way I present it.

You ignorant little ****, do you even read what you post before you post
it and then claim "facts" not in play?

From your article:

Local law enforcement face ammo shortage as gun owners, DHS stock up

Published March 23, 2013

| FoxNews.com

Local law enforcement agencies across the country are facing an ammo
shortage, as gun owners concerned about new laws at the federal and
state level stock up on firearms and bullets.

At the same time, the Department of Homeland Security has said it
*wants* to buy more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next
four or five years -- which could put further strain on the supply.

The shortage, coupled with an increase in prices, comes as many gun
owners head to the stores in anticipation of new gun control laws.
States like Colorado and New York have already approved such
legislation, while Democrats move toward bringing a bill to the Senate
floor. At the moment, the congressional bill does not include an
assault-weapons ban, but a ban is expected to be floated as an amendment.

Still, what one official described as "panic-buying" set in, as
lawmakers rallied to draft new legislation in the wake of a series of
tragic mass shootings last year, from Aurora, Colo., to Oak Creek, Wis.,
to Newtown, Conn.

------

The shortage is being cause by "panic buying" by gun nuts, not by mass
purchases of ammo by a federal agency.

There are dozens and dozens of calibers used in firearms and within
those categories of dozens of different varieties. DHS is only intending
to buy ammo in a couple of these categories, and has no use for ammo in
most of the calibers available.

Ammo *is* in short supply, an artificial situation caused by gun owners
and ammo manufactuers, the former because they are just plain stupid
sheeples and the latter because they see a way to make extra bucks.

Who is a stupid sheeple? Your buddy Herring, for one, who apparently
drives over to Wal-Mart every morning to see if he can buy five more
boxes of ammo.

If the DHS wants to buy a boatload of ammo over the next five years, it
will contract directly with the manufacturers, and the manufacturers who
get the contracts will ramp up production of the calibers the agency
wants. There is no shortage of ammo manufacturers willing to suck on the
government's teat for five years.

So you think it's stupid for citizens to stockpile ammo? How many cases
are you storing?