Mr T

Default Gulf 27 Pilot House

I found a small PDF about a 1984 Gulf 27 here

http://www.rcryachts.com/pdf/27_gulf_pilothouse.pdf

Hope that helps,

Liam

"MM" wrote in message ...
I am considering the purchase of a 1988, Capital Yachts, Gulf 27 Pilot
House. The boat is cherry and has more extra's then I would have
anticipated, and is a step up from 19' Hunter day-sailer.. With an
asking price of $20k, it tough to pass up.

I have searched high and lo for online info so I can educate myself on
the boat but can find absolutely nothing..

Any help is appreciated!

MM

Thanks Liam...

That was te only reference I found as well.. Considering it is an '84
with not too much additional and the the one I've found is an '88...and
a $13k difference in price... (??) I don't know if I should be suspect...

"MM" wrote in message ...

I am considering the purchase of a 1988, Capital Yachts, Gulf 27 Pilot
House. The boat is cherry and has more extra's then I would have
anticipated, and is a step up from 19' Hunter day-sailer.. With an
asking price of $20k, it tough to pass up.

I have searched high and lo for online info so I can educate myself on
the boat but can find absolutely nothing..

Any help is appreciated!

John Cairns

You weren't looking in the right places.
"Capital Yachts" would be the best keyword.
http://webhost.sailnet.com/newport/index.html
I always found this boat to be intriguing, but there aren't that many of
them out there.
John Cairns
"MM" wrote in message ...
I am considering the purchase of a 1988, Capital Yachts, Gulf 27 Pilot
House. The boat is cherry and has more extra's then I would have
anticipated, and is a step up from 19' Hunter day-sailer.. With an
asking price of $20k, it tough to pass up.

I have searched high and lo for online info so I can educate myself on
the boat but can find absolutely nothing..

Any help is appreciated!

Mr. T,
I acquired a 1984 Gulf 27 early this last summer. I am happy with
the boat but would like to add an inside steering station. Anyone out
there who can tell me how to do this?
Garry, LaConner, WA

s/v Marrakesh

I acquired a 1984 Gulf 27 early this last summer. I am happy with
the boat but would like to add an inside steering station. Anyone out
there who can tell me how to do this?

I never owned a G27, but have been on one, so have a vague idea what may be
involved:

Depending on where you intend on sailing, it might be easier / less
expensive to install a decent autopilot with a remote control in the cabin.
I wouldn't rely on it in a crowded seaway though.

There are three ways to drive a rudder from a wheel that I know of: direct
drive linkage (Cobra?), twin wires (Edson and others), single cable
push/pull. The problems with any of these three is that there will not be a
straight path for the cable/link and you will add -a lot- of additional drag
two both your wheels. There may be some way to disengage one to use the
other, but this could get complicated and possibly unreliable.

Last (and possibly the least expensive) option is to add a full enclosure to
the aft cockpit.

Remember, top priority should be given to -visibility- for the helmsman and
your ability to safely manuever your boat. I've seen some potentially
dangerous "yacht modifications", where these two things were completely
ignored.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Thom Stewart

Garry,

There has been somebody at Capitol Yachts answering the phone and
selling parts. You might try and find out if they still have an inside
Helm station or the parts to build one

The Address;
Capital Yachts
25914 President Ave
Harbor City, Calif 90710
Phone
(213) 530-1311

Their set-up is great. The Inside is a manual clutch on a cable operated
sector off the Cockpit Helm.

If you have to go from scratch, I suggest you consider Hydaulic.
Remember you'll need to get Shift and throttle control inside also. The
control cables can be run under the pilothouse sole and to the engine.

My inside helm is a Teak Binnacle at the Nav Station chart table. You'd
need something like that for inside visablity

Ole Thom

DESIGNING PORTAL CREATION DATABASE SHOPPING CART ANIMAT Ad-Aero General 0 May 19th 04 02:10 AM
( OT ) The great escape Jim General 0 March 11th 04 05:12 AM
( OT ) Bush's 9/11 coverup? Jim General 5 March 7th 04 01:36 PM