Default A Serious Question

Why ridicule the beliefs of others? Does it provide some sort of pleasure? I can understand being
against the elements of a belief system which impinge on your liberties or constitutional rights
(including the right to have your head attached to your neck), but to mock beliefs just to make
enemies or belittle people makes no sense to me.

Salmonbait
--

"Either ESAD, or Pay Your Taxes!"

On 3/8/13 12:15 PM, J Herring wrote:
Why ridicule the beliefs of others? Does it provide some sort of pleasure? I can understand being
against the elements of a belief system which impinge on your liberties or constitutional rights
(including the right to have your head attached to your neck), but to mock beliefs just to make
enemies or belittle people makes no sense to me.

Salmonbait
--

"Either ESAD, or Pay Your Taxes!"

Christianity is impinging on liberties and Constitutional rights in this
country. If its acolytes stopped that sort of behavior, I wouldn't give
a tinker's dam what they did amongst themselves.
jps jps is offline

On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 12:34:27 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 3/8/13 12:15 PM, J Herring wrote:
Why ridicule the beliefs of others? Does it provide some sort of pleasure? I can understand being
against the elements of a belief system which impinge on your liberties or constitutional rights
(including the right to have your head attached to your neck), but to mock beliefs just to make
enemies or belittle people makes no sense to me.

Salmonbait
--

"Either ESAD, or Pay Your Taxes!"

Christianity is impinging on liberties and Constitutional rights in this
country. If its acolytes stopped that sort of behavior, I wouldn't give
a tinker's dam what they did amongst themselves.

Ask George Tiller what he thinks, or perhaps a living doctor who
provides legal abortions.

Ask the science teachers across the country who are under seige by
fundamentalists who are stupid enough to confuse intelligent design
with actual science.

Ask Muslims who live in this country peacefully and without
association to any thought to harm the US why they can't build a
Mosque wherever the hell they want. In a free country.

People's "beliefs" are a home to narrow minded thoughts, and used to
gin up hatred and further ignorance.

On 3/8/2013 1:36 PM, jps wrote:
[...]

Ask the kid that can't go to the whitehouse, ask the kid that can't
salute the flag, ask the family that can't put two sticks by the side of
the road...??? People are not "offended" by two sticks, they are just
being assholes...

On 3/8/2013 12:34 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 3/8/13 12:15 PM, J Herring wrote:
Why ridicule the beliefs of others? Does it provide some sort of
pleasure? I can understand being
against the elements of a belief system which impinge on your
liberties or constitutional rights
(including the right to have your head attached to your neck), but to
mock beliefs just to make
enemies or belittle people makes no sense to me.

Salmonbait
--

"Either ESAD, or Pay Your Taxes!"

Christianity is impinging on liberties and Constitutional rights in this
country. If its acolytes stopped that sort of behavior, I wouldn't give
a tinker's dam what they did amongst themselves.

It would be great if you'd stop preaching to us and insisting that your
belief system be adopted as the national religion.
Thank you so much for your consideration.

On 3/8/2013 12:34 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 3/8/13 12:15 PM, J Herring wrote:
Why ridicule the beliefs of others? Does it provide some sort of
pleasure? I can understand being
against the elements of a belief system which impinge on your
liberties or constitutional rights
(including the right to have your head attached to your neck), but to
mock beliefs just to make
enemies or belittle people makes no sense to me.

Salmonbait
--

"Either ESAD, or Pay Your Taxes!"

Christianity is impinging on liberties and Constitutional rights in this
country. If its acolytes stopped that sort of behavior, I wouldn't give
a tinker's dam what they did amongst themselves.

No it's not... it's just trying to be a part of the process the
constitution guarantees us all.. Next?