jps jps is offline

Default Cheney going to Hell

Republican Rep. Walter Jones of North Carolina said Saturday that
former Vice President Dick Cheney would likely end up in hell because
of his role in the Iraq war.

At a Young Americans for Liberty conference, Jones said it was
impossible under current law to prosecute a president for
intentionally manipulating intelligence reports to make the case for
war. He explained he co-authored a bill to change the law, but the
legislation was killed in committee by his Republican colleague Lamar
Smith of Texas.

“I have no malice towards Lamar, I have respect for him,” Jones
remarked. “But that again is the problem. Congress will not hold
anyone to blame. Lyndon Johnson’s probably rotting in hell right now
because of the Vietnam War, and he probably needs to move over for
Dick Cheney.”

Jones initially voted in favor of the Iraq war in 2002. He infamous
called for “French fries” to be renamed “freedom fries” after France
refused to support the U.S. invasion of the country.

The conservative Christian turned against the war after witnessing
American causalities and once it became clear Iraq was not building
any weapons of mass destruction.

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:57:11 -0800, jps wrote:

[...]

That last sentence is probably true of most conservatives. 'Once it became clear Iraq was not
building any weapons of mass destruction.'

The Iraq war was initiated because our intelligence, the intelligence of our allies, the leadership
of Iraq, and our Congress believed or announced the building and storage of weapons of mass
destruction in Iraq.

The author's statement about the Iraq war makes one wonder why the hell we're in Afghanistan.

Salmonbait
--

"That's not a baby kicking, dear Bride, it's just a fetus!"

On 2/26/13 8:30 AM, J Herring wrote:

The Iraq war was initiated because our intelligence, the intelligence of our allies, the leadership
of Iraq, and our Congress believed or announced the building and storage of weapons of mass
destruction in Iraq.

Salmonbait

--

That's just Herring lying to perpetuate the Bush Administration's lies.
The Bush Administration and its neocon supplicants cooked the intel out

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

[...]

So, what was his motivations to "cook" the intel and "lie" to the
nation and the world?

I remember hearing, "It's all about the oil". No evidence of that
ever came to be.
I remember hearing, "Revenge for trying to assassinate his father".
No real evidence of that, other than speculation by some.
I remember hearing, "It's Cheney getting Hallibuton contracts" .
Yes, Hallibuton got contracts but they were the only company with the
resources to do them.

So, what's the real reason Bush cooked the intel and lied to the
world? Seems to me that even he is smart enough to realize what the
historical and personal ramifications would be if he knowingly lied
and conducted a war for personal reasons. I just can't buy that. If
he cooked the intel, then so did many others, including many
Republicans and Democrats in the Senate who saw the same reports,
acquired domestically and by our allies. What was Bush doing,
sitting at his computer, modifying the raw data and releasing it to
Congress?

On 2/26/13 8:58 AM, Eisboch wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

[...]

I recall news reports quoting Bush in meetings discussing "getting back"
at Iraq for targeting his dad.

But, I think the real reason Bush started a war against Iraq is because
after 9-11 and his failure to catch Osama, Bush's advisers, especially
Cheney, told him that lying us into a war against Iraq would be a good
way to assure his re-election.

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

[...]

Iraq, under Saddam Hussein, was becoming increasingly defiant of the
UN resolutions agreed to after the first Gulf War. US and coalition
aircraft patrolling the "no fly" zone were being fired upon. Iraqi
fixed wing aircraft were flying, in defiance of the UN resolutions.
Hussein bragged about his WMD's and was mass murdering many of
innocent Iraqi citizens. His sons were basically thugs. This was
all happening at the end of the Clinton administration and Clinton
warned Bush of increasing problems again with Iraq.

If you recall, Bush did not rush into invading Iraq. At least six
months were spent holding meetings and presenting data in the UN. (I
guess he fooled them too.) Bottom line was that Iraq was determined
to be a serious threat again to stability in the region and to those
allies we had in the area.
Hussein refused to allow weapons inspectors to do their job, fueling
more speculation that his claims of having WMD's was real. There
were also conveys of trucks moving "something" out of Iraq and into
Syria, not long before the invasion took place. Hussein was given an
ultimatum for him and his sons to leave. He thumbed his nose at the
UN and the world.

I think mistakes were made, the biggest being underestimating the time
it would take for the country to stabilize after Hussein was found and
removed from power. But I am not convinced that Bush purposely
invaded Iraq for personal political advantage.

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:58:34 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

[...]

I seem to recall ESAD being one of the biggest "it's all about oil" contenders - along with the rest
of the liberals piling on.

Of course, that's all conveniently forgotten.
--
Salmonbait

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

In article ,
says...

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

[...]

No, it's not. We got the conservatives to hell out of the White House,
or else they would probably HAVE gone after the oil. Here's a very good
article:

http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle2319.htm

In article ,
says...

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

[...]

IF we had elected another set of conservatives to run the country, it
would indeed have gone after the oil, I'd bet.

What the hell is going on in the US? [email protected] General 0 April 24th 09 01:06 AM
What the hell is going on... Boater General 3 November 6th 08 01:49 AM
What the hell? Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] General 9 August 16th 08 01:54 AM
What the Hell???? Bobsprit ASA 12 August 28th 04 01:40 AM
What the Hell is That? Simple Simon ASA 2 August 26th 03 10:47 PM