Default A question for our atheists...

Are y'all anti-all religions, or only Christianity? I recently saw a bumper sticker that said, "So
many Christians, So few lions." I suppose it takes no balls to attack Christians. I wonder why I've
never seen a bumper sticker saying, "So many Muslims, So few virgins."

In fact, I've seen very little of atheists taking action against Muslim activities. Are atheists
mostly just afraid of Muslims? Or, is the Muslim God OK with atheists?

In article ,
says...

Are y'all anti-all religions, or only Christianity? I recently saw a bumper sticker that said, "So
many Christians, So few lions." I suppose it takes no balls to attack Christians. I wonder why I've
never seen a bumper sticker saying, "So many Muslims, So few virgins."

In fact, I've seen very little of atheists taking action against Muslim activities. Are atheists
mostly just afraid of Muslims? Or, is the Muslim God OK with atheists?

Just where are atheists "taking action" against Christians? Is that your
posit because they don't want Christians forcing their beliefs on them?
You are just too narrow minded. I'll bet you'd have a fit if someone
tried to celebrate a Buddist holiday instead of Christmas, eh? I guess
that if you want to believe that some god made everything in the
universe and beyond, and it's only 4000 years old,etc. One has to wonder
why, when there are starving people, greedy people, crime, war, murder,
rape, on and on do you alleged Christians make excuses like God works in
mysterious ways? If Christianity is THE religion, then WHY do the
concepts of heaven, hell, eternal life, etc., all predate Christianity
as does a savior-god who died and was resurrected? Lying and deceiving
is part of the Christian evangelic tradition, which started with the
founder of Christianity, Paul. Every method of trickery is employed to
catch the gullible, the poor, and the ignorant. The missionary is a
vulture preying on the destitute and the disadvantaged.

On 12/7/12 2:42 PM, GuzzisRule wrote:
Are y'all anti-all religions, or only Christianity? I recently saw a bumper sticker that said, "So
many Christians, So few lions." I suppose it takes no balls to attack Christians. I wonder why I've
never seen a bumper sticker saying, "So many Muslims, So few virgins."

In fact, I've seen very little of atheists taking action against Muslim activities. Are atheists
mostly just afraid of Muslims? Or, is the Muslim God OK with atheists?

Too cold for you to troll for stripers in the Bay, eh?

What most atheists are against is not religion, per se, but religion
that tries to force itself down the throat of non-believers, either
directly or indirectly, or religion that uses government or government
facilities to further...religion.

Oh...the "Muslim" god is the same being as the Christian god and the
Jewish god. Muslims are monotheistic. Muslims consider Abraham, Moses
and Jesus as prophets of the same god your church venerates. Oh, and
didn't you go to college? Apparently you are not aware that Muhammad is
not the god of Muslims, but simply their main man prophet.

On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 14:56:24 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

Did you not read what the bumper sticker said? I said nothing good or bad about Christianity. I
asked a very simple question about the atheist mentality.

Perhaps Kevin, it was too difficult for you to understand.

On 12/7/12 4:22 PM, GuzzisRule wrote:
[...]

Maybe that bumper sticker is aimed a CINO's -christians in name only -
like you.

On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 15:56:45 -0500, ESAD wrote:

[...]

Read the question, Krause. Are you implying that Muslims do not try to force their beliefs upon
others? Apparently most atheists don't realize that both Christians and Muslims believe in the same
God.

Have you paid your taxes yet? Is being a deadbeat good for your serenity?
jps jps is offline

On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 14:42:33 -0500, GuzzisRule
wrote:

Are y'all anti-all religions, or only Christianity? I recently saw a bumper sticker that said, "So
many Christians, So few lions." I suppose it takes no balls to attack Christians. I wonder why I've
never seen a bumper sticker saying, "So many Muslims, So few virgins."

In fact, I've seen very little of atheists taking action against Muslim activities. Are atheists
mostly just afraid of Muslims? Or, is the Muslim God OK with atheists?

Understanding that you lack any common sense and require remedial
education, Christianity is the dominant religion in the US. Anything
that's dominant will attracted detractors, even if in small
percentages. Loud mouth extremists always get the attention.

Ted Nugent, Kid Rock and Victoria Jackson, for instance.

The war on christmas is a ginned up bunch of bull****, btw.

On 12/7/12 4:28 PM, GuzzisRule wrote:
[...]

I assumed the bumper sticker that offended you was one you saw locally.

I haven't read of any significant cases in this country in which Muslims
have tried to force their religious beliefs on others, but there are
plenty of instances and cases in this country in which Christians have
forced their religious beliefs onto those who don't share those beliefs.
In the United States, it is christians who work at forcing their beliefs
onto the population.

I have seen more than a few devout Muslim women at Tysons' Corner
Shopping Center wearing the traditional head and face covering. I didn't
notice any of their spouses or brothers confronting non-Muslim women and
forcing them to cover up. I've talked to Muslims while in DC, while on
the Metro or in museums. None of them asked me if I'd "been saved." When
I was consulting at ULLICO, I used to talk almost every day to the
well-dressed Black Muslims hawking their newspapers and pies on the
corner across the street, and even got the building management to allow
them into the lobby and the restroom there.

On the other hand, I have frequently been "confronted" by christians
seeking converts, and annoyed by christians trying to pass laws to
restrict practices they claim are anathema to their religion. For those
christians, there are not enough lions.

You're a racist turd, herring. And you're easy.

wrote:

Are y'all anti-all religions, or only Christianity?

===

I don't think this was directed at me but allow me to chip in my 2
cents worth. I'm not anti religious at all, not yours, nor anyone
else, but I am a *really* strong proponent of the separation of church
and state. The founders of this great country were all too familiar
with state sponsored religion and wanted no part of it here, and for
really good reasons. The first amendment did not happen by accident.

There is no place for Sharia law in this country, not the Papal
version, not the Islamic version, or any other version. It is my
personal opinion that any church which tries to influence legislation
or any other governmental process should have their tax exemption
revoked. The subversion of the Republican Party by religious zealots
will ultimately lead to its downfall, and what a pity that will be.
Where else will we find fiscal responsibility?

From Wikipedia and Thomas Jefferson regarding separation of church and
state:

===
In the United States, the term is an offshoot of the phrase, "wall of
separation between church and state", as written in Thomas Jefferson's
letter to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802. The original text
reads: "Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely
between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his
faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach
actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence
that act of the whole American people which declared that their
legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of
religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a
wall of separation between Church and State." Jefferson reflected his
frequent speaking theme that the government is not to interfere with
religion.[7] The phrase was quoted by the United States Supreme Court
first in 1878, and then in a series of cases starting in 1947.[8] The
phrase "separation of church and state" itself does not appear in the
United States Constitution. The First Amendment states that "Congress
shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or

On 12/7/12 4:40 PM, ESAD wrote:
[...]

Oh...I was going to attach this, but forgot:

Roman Catholic Bishops Call for Prayers against Marriage Equality -

December 7, 2012

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has issued a new call to pray to
address “life, marriage and religious liberty concerns.”

San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone said discriminating
against LGBT people in marriage was somehow fundamental to the good of
society.

Cordileone, who was a leading architect of the Prop 8 campaign in
California, recently said people simply “don’t understand” what marriage is.

Among the items outlined by the bishops is a second “Fortnight for
Freedom” planned for June – likely when the Supreme Court will be ruling
on marriage equality.

Cordileone and other bishops continue to push anti-LGBT sentiments in
the Roman Catholic Church despite the fact that a large majority of
Catholics support marriage equality – likely because they are guided by
the Golden Rule that calls on people to treat others in accordance with
how they’d like to be treated.

---

**** you, Archbishop Cordileone. Push whatever you want in your church,
but don't push your church onto our civil society.