jps jps is offline

Default Floridian Hospitality

William Pettry had flown from Milwaukee to Jacksonville, Fla., for the
Bears game against the Jaguars with his best friend, looking for a
good time.

He never made it to the football game. His life ended at a bar early
Sunday when police said a Jacksonville man, Matthew Hinson, 27,
slashed Pettry’s throat “cold-bloodedly” after he talked to Hinson’s
wife.

Pettry, 42, and a father of three, died at a nearby hospital.

Witnesses told police that Hinson “cut the victim and calmly walked
out of the establishment,” putting the knife in his pocket.

Police stopped Hinson before he pulled out of the bar parking lot in
his truck, and he scuffled with officers. “He resisted a little bit,”
Jacksonville County Police Lt. Rob Schoonover said at a Monday news
conference.

Police said Hinson admitted to the killing but wouldn’t say why he did
it. Police said the killing was not sports-related.

Pettry was a construction worker and “such a huge Bears fan. ... He
never got to go to the Bears game, he never got to enjoy it," his
cousin, Quincy Asbury Jr., told the Chicago Tribune.

In a Facebook post that has since been taken down, Pettry’s wife,
Karen, posted that “I'm so numb and I still can not believe it is
true. Today my husband William Christopher Pettry (Most of you only
know him by Chris) was taken from his family way too early. Some idiot
has taken his life. I’m so mad, just don’t understand why, very lost
right now. Please hug the ones you love because you never know if
tomorrow you will have that chance.”
Her profile featured a white construction van covered with painted
hand prints and the words "#1 Daddy We Love you!"

Police said that at the bar, Hinson saw Pettry and a friend talking to
Hinson’s wife and another woman. At one point, police said, Hinson was
sitting on a bench with Pettry, then stood up and cut his throat
before walking out.

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 17:41:30 -0700, jps wrote:

snippage

Still thinking about the Sig Sauer P226. This one, with a conversion kit:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...lassic-22.aspx

Good idea, huh?
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 8, 8:17*pm, GuzzisRule wrote:
On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 17:41:30 -0700, jps wrote:

snippage

Still thinking about the Sig Sauer P226. This one, with a conversion kit:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...lassic-22.aspx

Good idea, huh?

John. if you are still considering one of your friends Colt's then
this may be a viable option

http://www.coltautos.com/45-22cu.htm

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 18:38:27 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Oct 8, 8:17*pm, GuzzisRule wrote:
On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 17:41:30 -0700, jps wrote:

snippage

Still thinking about the Sig Sauer P226. This one, with a conversion kit:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...lassic-22.aspx

Good idea, huh?

John. if you are still considering one of your friends Colt's then
this may be a viable option

http://www.coltautos.com/45-22cu.htm

Wow, didn't know such a thing existed. Wonder how much that costs?

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 17:41:30 -0700, jps wrote:

snippage

Still thinking about the Sig Sauer P226. This one, with a conversion kit:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...lassic-22.aspx

Good idea, huh?

I carry for work, but not a SIG, usually a Glock 22 or a 1911, plus
another handgun for backup. The Sig P226 is a nice pistol, though. I'm
not sure what you are trying to gain by fitting it with a 22 slide and
works. The recoil, muzzle flip and noise will be totally different
between the two rounds and at distance at a target, so will the impact of
gravity, so you won't be gaining the shooting skills you want with a 40,
45 or even a 9 round in a defense pistol by running 22s through it. I've
tried a few of these combos at the range. They were fun but shooting 22
rounds isn't going to help you become proficient firing larger rounds in
the same basic pistol.

On Oct 10, 9:44*am, EmpacherFan wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

Wow, you have all the perfect weapons, for the perfect environment...
You sound a lot like a recent MIA poster here who always had the
perfect tool for the job...

In article c8d644c3-cbd3-4457-8d6e-aaf02ce3e028
@n7g2000pbj.googlegroups.com, says...

[...]

I'm a federal cop. The Glock was issued to me. I encounter a lot of
firearms. I don't think the 22 slide kits are anything more than a
gimmick. What's your point?

On 10/10/2012 10:43 AM, EmpacherFan wrote:
[...]

No "point", just a casual observation...

[...]

The MIA guy is a weapons expert. Up until recently he thought the 226
Sig was the cat's meow. He now thinks the CZ75 is the finest pistol that
was ever made. What's your take on that?

In article ,
says...

[...]

You have to understand, Scotty is insane and thinks that everyone is
someone else!

Ryan hospitality jps General 3 August 13th 12 06:09 AM
Florida Hospitality jps General 2 September 5th 09 10:39 PM
Secret Service Visits Floridian jps General 29 August 13th 09 02:04 AM