Default My Autohelm ST50 doesn't register Depth!

On Tuesday, April 11, 1995 9:00:00 AM UTC+2, Simon Jones wrote:
Does anyone have any experience regarding the installation/repairing of
depth sounders.

I am not getting a reading from mine, the depth field on the display
constantly flashes which according to the manual means that there is
a cable fault. If I use a meter, should I be able to put a voltage
across the transducer and get a reading?

Before I replace parts, I would like to get an idea of which part is at
fault! Your experiences with such equipment would be much appreciated.

If you see my little blue Beneteau aground in the Solent, you'll know
why!

Hi,

probably this will help.
My ST50 had a faulty inductance (the ferrite core was crumbled).

I replaced the part and it was working again.

Best regards
tec
Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 18, 12:48*am, wrote:
[...]

Good to see a boat related thread. Even if it's a revival of an old
one.

Thank you

Default My Autohelm ST50 just keeps bleeping

When turned on my autohelm st50 it just flashing on and off with bleeping sound. Anybody noise this problem. Thanks

On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 02:22:28 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

When turned on my autohelm st50 it just flashing on and off with bleeping sound. Anybody noise this problem. Thanks

Welcome sailor!

Hope Wayne's answer solves the problem. Are you from Holland by any chance?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 07:28:16 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 02:22:28 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

When turned on my autohelm st50 it just flashing on and off with bleeping sound. Anybody noise this problem. Thanks

Welcome sailor!

Hope Wayne's answer solves the problem. Are you from Holland by any chance?

===

Stopping the beeping is the easy part, getting it working again is a
little harder. :-)

Autohelm ST50 Navcentre LenB Electronics 0 May 29th 10 05:42 AM
Autohelm ST50 plus g Cruising 7 July 14th 04 02:40 AM
Autohelm ST50 Pluse HELP g Electronics 1 June 20th 04 03:05 PM
Autohelm ST50 plus g Boat Building 3 June 20th 04 02:01 PM
Autohelm Navcenter ST50 for sale SunRunner Cruising 0 December 8th 03 03:53 AM