[email protected] nettechniker@googlemail.com is offline

Default My Autohelm ST50 doesn't register Depth!

On Tuesday, April 11, 1995 9:00:00 AM UTC+2, Simon Jones wrote:
Does anyone have any experience regarding the installation/repairing of
depth sounders.

I am not getting a reading from mine, the depth field on the display
constantly flashes which according to the manual means that there is
a cable fault. If I use a meter, should I be able to put a voltage
across the transducer and get a reading?

Before I replace parts, I would like to get an idea of which part is at
fault! Your experiences with such equipment would be much appreciated.

If you see my little blue Beneteau aground in the Solent, you'll know
why!

Hi,

probably this will help.
My ST50 had a faulty inductance (the ferrite core was crumbled).

I replaced the part and it was working again.

Best regards
tec