Default Autohelm ST50 plus

Hi
Just bought a used boat and it has a Autohelm ST50 plus
any one know how to get the speed to read in MPH and not in knots per
hour?

Thanks
JayCeeCG

speed to read in MPH and not in knots per
hour?

I don't think you can. it's been a while but i think you can only switch the
readout to read in knots or kilometers per hour. Autohelm is now Raymarine
and you can download manuals from their website at www.raymarine.com
Jared Crane

Jofra

Why would you want to?

jofra

"g" wrote in message
news
Hi
Just bought a used boat and it has a Autohelm ST50 plus
any one know how to get the speed to read in MPH and not in knots per
hour?

Thanks

Jeff Morris

If you travel on the ICW or other waterway marked in statute miles, its handy to
have the log read in "baby miles." The ST50 is certainly capable of this.

The manual for the ST50 Speed can be found on raymarine.com - you have to look
in the "old instrument" section.
http://www.raymarine.com/raymarine/S.../ST50Speed.pdf

"Jofra" wrote in message ...
Why would you want to?

jofra

"g" wrote in message
news
Hi
Just bought a used boat and it has a Autohelm ST50 plus
any one know how to get the speed to read in MPH and not in knots per
hour?

Thanks

Rick Itenson

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:27:31 -0400, g wrote:

Hi
Just bought a used boat and it has a Autohelm ST50 plus
any one know how to get the speed to read in MPH and not in knots per
hour?

Thanks

What is "knots per hour"?
Rick Itenson
La Belle Aurore
Toronto

jeff feehan

Dave wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:27:31 -0400, g wrote:

Hi
Just bought a used boat and it has a Autohelm ST50 plus
any one know how to get the speed to read in MPH and not in knots per
hour?

You don't want to. Charts are in nautical miles, not statute miles. If don't
know what to do with that you probably shouldn't be driving a boat at all.

The question sorta reminds me of the time a number of years ago when I was
picking my way carefully from buoy to buoy near dark coming into Stratford,
with water depths of about a foot on either side of the channel, when a big
power boat roars up and stops beside me and the skipper yells out "Hey, is
this the Housatonic River?"

~10 years ago i was just off the housatonic river (maybe 3 miles) on my
j-24, when a ~35ft powerboat came alongside and asked "which way to long
island?"

maybe it was the same guy..., there can't be many powerboaters who are that
clueless, right?
Brian Whatcott

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:11:53 GMT, jeff feehan
wrote:

Dave wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:27:31 -0400, g wrote:

Hi
Just bought a used boat and it has a Autohelm ST50 plus
any one know how to get the speed to read in MPH and not in knots per
hour?

You don't want to. Charts are in nautical miles, not statute miles. If don't
know what to do with that you probably shouldn't be driving a boat at all.

The question sorta reminds me of the time a number of years ago when I was
picking my way carefully from buoy to buoy near dark coming into Stratford,
with water depths of about a foot on either side of the channel, when a big
power boat roars up and stops beside me and the skipper yells out "Hey, is
this the Housatonic River?"

..

~10 years ago i was just off the housatonic river (maybe 3 miles) on my
j-24, when a ~35ft powerboat came alongside and asked "which way to long
island?"

maybe it was the same guy..., there can't be many powerboaters who are that
clueless, right?

Ha! Easy to tell, when it's the other guy being dumb.
But here's one on me:
I saw a power boat broken down on a marina, and offered a tow to his
trailer up the lake at lake Texoma.

No good deed goes unpunished: it was about 7 miles, and it got dark.
He was soon urging me to go faster. I wouldn't. I still managed to run
my fuel down low. But after dropping him, I found a marina gas station
owner just about to go home, who helped me out.

But I didn't have a GPS with me, and the boat did not have a compass
(then)

I wandered in and out of several creeks, looking for the desired
inlet, with the wind picking up and the clock heading for midnight.

I finally saw a goodly sail boat - perhaps a 40 ft cutter and beat up
on his transom, and Oh the shame of it! -asked for the direction to
the northern rail bridge. Where finally I made it to the right creek,
finally running out of fuel a comfortable 100 yard paddle to the dock.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Autohelm ST50 plus g Boat Building 3 June 20th 04 02:01 PM
Autohelm Navcenter ST50 for sale SunRunner Boat Building 1 December 8th 03 02:40 PM
Autohelm Navcenter ST50 for sale SunRunner General 0 December 8th 03 04:53 AM
Autohelm Navcenter ST50 for sale SunRunner Cruising 0 December 8th 03 04:53 AM