Default Boat work!

In article , dump-on-
says...

On 7/30/12 8:32 AM, North Star wrote:
On Jul 30, 8:34 am, wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 09:33:27 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
OK, got the boat's trailer prepared for our upcoming river trip to Charleston. All four wheel bearings checked and re-packed, tires checked and at proper pressure, lights checked. Was a good excuse to breal out the air impact as well. :-)

Two other couples are going with us, looking forward to it. Anybody else got a boat trip planned?

I do, though it won't be on wheels!

Sounds like we have another Skipper! A one week marathon of 3,500
miles on the trailer and the remaining 35 minutes on the water.

I sure hope Charleston doesn't have Tostitos.

Good old Snipper. Hope he's at peace where ever he is.
I took an opportunity to scout out proper launch sites this past
weekend in Cape Breton.
The marina I planned to use closed this spring. Too bad, it was in an
ideal spot to cruise the western end of the Bras d'Or Lakes. I did
survey a nice little narrow ramp accessible down a steep narrow twisty
path. Doable with a smaller tow vehicle and rig.

Actually, I think Skipper *is* R.I.P.

It's kind of sad that in his last few "appearances" here, he obviously
had gone bat**** crazy. I rarely agreed with him on anything, but
he was an entertaining story teller sometimes, and he certainly was a
far better writer than 99 per cent of the "righties" we have infesting
this newsgroup these days. Ol' Skip could turn a phrase or two when he
worked at it; his "inheritors" can barely turn a pitchfork full of
"used" hay in a cattle barn.

That's true, you are a ****ty writer.

On Jul 30, 10:29*am, wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 08:50:34 -0400, X ` Man

On Jul 30, 8:34 am, wrote:
[...]

Skipper did seem to have lost his marbles in the last posts he made
here in the Summer of 2006. Maybe it was a meds/health issue, as it
appears that you are correct and he is no longer with us.

It appears that Dave passed on 11-7-2007 of a heart attack, just 4
days short of his 66th birthday.

His bizarre approach to boating will live forever!

Is that a fairly accurate report?
Hard to believe..almost 5 years since he got all worked up against
Chuck for some perceived slight or snub/insult.

On Jul 30, 8:34 am, wrote:
[...]

Would Harry or his sock puppet lie to you?

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 13:20:46 -0400, Meyer wrote:

Is that a fairly accurate report?
Hard to believe..almost 5 years since he got all worked up against
Chuck for some perceived slight or snub/insult.

Would Harry or his sock puppet lie to you?

===

I can assure you that Chuck is no sock puppet and neither was Skipper
(aka David Mann).

In article m,
says...

On 7/30/2012 10:33 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:

OK, got the boat's trailer prepared for our upcoming river trip to Charleston. All four wheel bearings checked and re-packed, tires checked and at proper pressure, lights checked. Was a good excuse to breal out the air impact as well. :-)

Two other couples are going with us, looking forward to it. Anybody else got a boat trip planned?

I do, though it won't be on wheels!

Sounds like we have another Skipper! A one week marathon of 3,500

miles on the trailer and the remaining 35 minutes on the water.

I sure hope Charleston doesn't have Tostitos.

Nah, more like 1:20 drive, and about 4 hours on the water going down the river.

No tostitos in Charleston, just great restaurants!

Don't miss this place:

http://gullahcuisine.net/

One of the best places to eat doesn't even have a sign, it's The Wreck
in Mount Pleasant.

http://www.wreckrc.com/

Absolutely great food.

Did you tour the Yorktown while you were there? If you didn't you missed
something special.

Yes, I did. I've been on it twice, and once was with a WWII veteran (a
relative) that worked on the Corsairs. When he saw the Corsair on that
ship, he had tears in his eyes!

On 7/30/12 1:54 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 13:20:46 -0400, Meyer wrote:

Is that a fairly accurate report?
Hard to believe..almost 5 years since he got all worked up against
Chuck for some perceived slight or snub/insult.

Would Harry or his sock puppet lie to you?

===

I can assure you that Chuck is no sock puppet and neither was Skipper
(aka David Mann).

"Meyer" is a sockpuppet.

--
I'm a liberal because militant fundamentalist ignorant science-denying
religious xenophobic corporate oligarchy just doesn't work for me.