Default Boat work!

OK, got the boat's trailer prepared for our upcoming river trip to Charleston. All four wheel bearings checked and re-packed, tires checked and at proper pressure, lights checked. Was a good excuse to breal out the air impact as well. :-)

Two other couples are going with us, looking forward to it. Anybody else got a boat trip planned?
Tim Tim is offline

On Jul 28, 11:33*am, wrote:
OK, got the boat's trailer prepared for our upcoming river trip to Charleston. *All four wheel bearings checked and re-packed, tires checked and at proper pressure, lights checked. *Was a good excuse to breal out the air impact as well. *:-)

Two other couples are going with us, looking forward to it. *Anybody else got a boat trip planned?

I'm still working on preparing mine. I had some setbacks this spring
and it's still giving me time to prepare my 23' Marquis. I want it to
be comfortable and ready to go hit the river next year. A friend of
mine gave me a Garmin Marine GPS, because he was updating his so he
gave me his old one.

We're planning on dropping in the Ohio river, either at Elizebethtown
or Cave In Rock, follow the Ohio and go up the Cumberland river to
Lake Barkley, through Ky Lake and probably end up in Nashville Tenn. I
realize there's always something that can go awry, but I want the boat
outfitted and as sure as I can make it.

Haven't gone boating this year because the midwest is under a drought
and the lakes and rivers are extremely low. Too low for my comfort.

So, I have time to plan for next year. That is *IF* we get some water
to float on. LOL!

On 7/28/12 1:16 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 28, 11:33 am, wrote:
[...]

You could always get an RV camper and pretend it is a boat.

On 7/28/2012 1:28 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 7/28/12 1:16 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 28, 11:33 am, wrote:
[...]

You can always depend on Harry to brick a boating thread.
These guys are boaters Harry; not pretenders.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jul 28, 12:28*pm, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 7/28/12 1:16 PM, Tim wrote:

On Jul 28, 11:33 am, wrote:
[...]

Eh, I'm afraid that would become another 'yard ornament' LOL!

On Saturday, July 28, 2012 1:16:36 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
On Jul 28, 11:33*am, wrote:

[...]

That souds like a fun trip! I know about the drought, I was in Chicago last week, and it was really dry. My buddy in Nashville told me that they are having a really hard time. He said almost 30% of the tree are dying.

Hope you guys get some rain soon.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jul 28, 11:33*am, wrote:

[...]

thanks, boss. I'd say he's right about the 30%.May be higher in some
areas.

On Jul 28, 12:33*pm, wrote:
OK, got the boat's trailer prepared for our upcoming river trip to Charleston. *All four wheel bearings checked and re-packed, tires checked and at proper pressure, lights checked. *Was a good excuse to breal out the air impact as well. *:-)

Two other couples are going with us, looking forward to it. *Anybody else got a boat trip planned?

Good for you! Have fun!!

On Jul 30, 8:34*am, wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 09:33:27 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
OK, got the boat's trailer prepared for our upcoming river trip to Charleston. *All four wheel bearings checked and re-packed, tires checked and at proper pressure, lights checked. *Was a good excuse to breal out the air impact as well. *:-)

Two other couples are going with us, looking forward to it. *Anybody else got a boat trip planned?

I do, though it won't be on wheels!

Sounds like we have another Skipper! A one week marathon of 3,500
miles on the trailer and the remaining 35 minutes on the water.

I sure hope Charleston doesn't have Tostitos.

Good old Snipper. Hope he's at peace where ever he is.
I took an opportunity to scout out proper launch sites this past
weekend in Cape Breton.
The marina I planned to use closed this spring. Too bad, it was in an
ideal spot to cruise the western end of the Bras d'Or Lakes. I did
survey a nice little narrow ramp accessible down a steep narrow twisty
path. Doable with a smaller tow vehicle and rig.

On 7/30/12 8:32 AM, North Star wrote:
On Jul 30, 8:34 am, wrote:
[...]

Actually, I think Skipper *is* R.I.P.

It's kind of sad that in his last few "appearances" here, he obviously
had gone bat**** crazy. I rarely agreed with him on anything, but
he was an entertaining story teller sometimes, and he certainly was a
far better writer than 99 per cent of the "righties" we have infesting
this newsgroup these days. Ol' Skip could turn a phrase or two when he
worked at it; his "inheritors" can barely turn a pitchfork full of
"used" hay in a cattle barn.