Calif Bill

Default (OT) Limbaugh admits addiction

Even the law treats people different who get addicted to pain killers via a
prescription for them vs. recreational drug users. Most DA's decline to
prosecute.
Bill

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Well, Rush did the right thing.

Step down, get treatment, and when he's a recovering addict it will be
appropriate for him to return.

It would have been really disappointing for him to continue on in denial,
especially as he has often stated he has less than no use for drug

addicts.

Didn't hear it, but I understand he made a
"confession" of sorts on the air before signing off. That had to take some
'nads.

Just because the guy is absolutley wrong on almost every position he

espouses
doesn't mean he should suffer harm. I hope he gets treatment, and

straightens
out.

It would be nice if something medical could be done for the acute pain

that he
says got him involved with the narcotic prescriptions he ultimately became
addicted to.

Then maybe when he's back behind the microphone, he might have a little
different perspective. He has preached that
behavior is strictly a matter of choice and that those who behave badly

are
just lazily choosing not to exercise self control.
Life has a funny way of shoving our worst misperceptions right back at us,
doesn't it?

Guess some things can be bigger than an individual's ability to

"bootstrap"
over.
Rush's misfortune should be a lesson to us all.

Calif Bill

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:28:58 -0400, JohnH
wrote:

Just announced on WMAL radio in Washington, DC: Rush has admitted to

being
addicted to pain killers and will be off the air for a month while

undergoing
treatment.

Sure hope someone takes up the noble battle! (Come on Hannity!)

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

There's nothing noble about Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly or the rest of
the right-wing trash that stir up dim-witted angry white men with
their tales of hatred.

Just as there is nothing noble about left wing trash that stirs up young
angry men of color.

Gould 0738

Even the law treats people different who get addicted to pain killers via a
prescription for them vs. recreational drug users. Most DA's decline to
prosecute.
Bill

Unless they get a close up photo of Rush holding up a 7-11, there isn't a DA in
the country that would bring charges against him for anything.

I heard an interesting theory that might be medically valid.

Once addicted to the pain killers, the addict's body generates the sensations
of pain when the drug of choice is not readily available. Many of the addicts
feel that they *must* secure large quantities of these drugs illegally or
surreptitously to control the excruciating pain. However, once the addict goes
all the way through treatment and flushes the majority of the
narcotic out of his system, the psychosomatic "pain" mysteriously disappears.

Never personally had much of a problem, but I've been close enough to folks who
have had to fight various versions of the same demon to have some emphathy for
the ol' gas bag. Getting clean will be hell, but in the long run it will be
easier than staying clean. Nobody is ever completely cured. I wouldn't even
wish the misery on Rush Limbaugh.

Jack Rye

OxyContin Oxycodone DEA #9143 OxyContin, Percocet, Tylox,Roxicodone,
Roxicet, is considered a schedule II drug under federal sentencing. Our
buddy Rush could get anything from probation to a year in prison. For a
first offence. Now if they tack on conspiracy to acquire he could get
sentenced under the trafficking code and get up to 20 years. Forfeiture of
possessions, Home, car, boat and a 1 million $ fine. You ask how much does
a pill cost? When legally sold, a 10-mg tablet of OxyContinT will cost
$1.25 and an 80-mg tablet will cost $6. When illegally sold, a 10-mg tablet
of OxyContinT can cost between $5 and $10. An 80-mg tablet can cost between
$65 and $80.

Now for the good stuff that Rush's illicit use of the drug and some
consequences of use. Long-term usage can lead to physical dependence. A
large dosage can cause severe respiratory depression that can lead to death.
And my favorite Withdrawal symptoms include restlessness, muscle and bone
pain, insomnia, diarrhea, vomiting, cold flashes with goose bumps, and
involuntary leg movements.

Since we are talking a large amount purchased and consumed. I am sure the
DEA will have some questions for Rush, and his supplier. Unless our
favorite Republican U.S. Attorney steps in and waves any and all
prosecution. From what my sources say, "the deal has been made on the state
level, and the attorney a democrat has made a deal not to prosecute Rush.
For future advancement"

Jack

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:16:47 -0700, "Jack Rye"
.# wrote:

If Rush Was a real Man, and believed in what he preaches. He would take

the
full punishment for using an illegal controlled substance. Then ask his
republican friends. To keep him out of jail like Jeb Bush's daughter. But

am willing to bet that he pleads not guilty if charges are brought forth.
But he won't be a stand up guy and plead nolo contendere.

Jack

Blah, blah, blah. This is a non-story.
Unfortunately, too many of us or our families have been touched by drugs
in an adverse way.

It happens and if you can, you move through it and beyond it.

(No, I have never been addicted to drugs or alcohol-don't ask about
cigarettes)

Jim -

Thanks Chuck.

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Statement by Rush Limbaugh

(AP) - Conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh told his radio audience Friday
that he is addicted to painkillers and will enter rehab:

''You know I have always tried to be honest with you and open about my life. So
I need to tell you today that part of what you have heard and read is correct.
I am addicted to prescription pain medication.

I first started taking prescription painkillers some years ago when my doctor
prescribed them to treat post surgical pain following spinal surgery.
Unfortunately, the surgery was unsuccessful and I continued to have severe pain
in my lower back and also in my neck due to herniated discs. I am still
experiencing that pain. Rather than opt for additional surgery for these
conditions, I chose to treat the pain with prescribed medication. This
medication turned out to be highly addictive.

Over the past several years I have tried to break my dependence on pain pills
and, in fact, twice checked myself into medical facilities in an attempt to do
so. I have recently agreed with my physician about the next steps.

Immediately following this broadcast, I am checking myself into a treatment
center for the next 30 days to once and for all break the hold this highly
addictive medication has on me. The show will continue during this time, of
course, with an array of guest hosts you have come to know and respect.

I am not making any excuses. You know, over the years athletes and celebrities
have emerged from treatment centers to great fanfare and praise for conquering
great demons.

They are said to be great role models and examples for others. Well, I am no
role model. I refuse to let anyone think I am doing something great here, when
there are people you never hear about, who face long odds and never resort to
such escapes.

They are the role models. I am no victim and do not portray myself as such. I
take full responsibility for my problem.

At the present time, the authorities are conducting an investigation, and I
have been asked to limit my public comments until this investigation is
complete. So I will only say that the stories you have read and heard contain
inaccuracies and distortions, which I will clear up when I am free to speak
about them.

I deeply appreciate all your support over this last tumultuous week. It has
sustained me. I ask now for your prayers. I look forward to resuming our
excursion into broadcast excellence together.''

10-10-03 15:02 EDT

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news
report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed
without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active
hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

Jim -

"Jack Rye" .# wrote in message
Now for the good stuff that Rush's illicit use of the drug and some
consequences of use. Long-term usage can lead to physical dependence. A
large dosage can cause severe respiratory depression that can lead to death.
And my favorite Withdrawal symptoms include restlessness, muscle and bone
pain, insomnia, diarrhea, vomiting, cold flashes with goose bumps, and
involuntary leg movements.

Good stuff? What a real shame that you are that hateful of the man.

Harry Krause

Jim - wrote:

"Jack Rye" .# wrote in message
Now for the good stuff that Rush's illicit use of the drug and some
consequences of use. Long-term usage can lead to physical dependence. A
large dosage can cause severe respiratory depression that can lead to death.
And my favorite Withdrawal symptoms include restlessness, muscle and bone
pain, insomnia, diarrhea, vomiting, cold flashes with goose bumps, and
involuntary leg movements.

Good stuff? What a real shame that you are that hateful of the man.

Hateful of the man? Limbaugh is the personification of hate. He's built
his reputation and made millions as a purveyor of hate. He's nothing
more than angry white trash, the same as his audience of angry white
men, but just a bit more quick-witted.

Email sent to will never reach me.

JohnH

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 09:08:55 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Jim - wrote:

"Jack Rye" .# wrote in message
Now for the good stuff that Rush's illicit use of the drug and some
consequences of use. Long-term usage can lead to physical dependence. A
large dosage can cause severe respiratory depression that can lead to death.
And my favorite Withdrawal symptoms include restlessness, muscle and bone
pain, insomnia, diarrhea, vomiting, cold flashes with goose bumps, and
involuntary leg movements.

Good stuff? What a real shame that you are that hateful of the man.

Hateful of the man? Limbaugh is the personification of hate. He's built
his reputation and made millions as a purveyor of hate. He's nothing
more than angry white trash, the same as his audience of angry white
men, but just a bit more quick-witted.

And he doesn't even come close to you! Right, Harry?

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
JohnH

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 07:20:08 -0400, "Woodchuck"
wrote:

Just hope the slim ball practices what he has preached over the year! If
that's the case he will be spending a lot of time in jail!

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .
Just announced on WMAL radio in Washington, DC: Rush has admitted to being
addicted to pain killers and will be off the air for a month while

undergoing
treatment.

Sure hope someone takes up the noble battle! (Come on Hannity!)

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

So, if the prosecutors decide not to prosecute, will RL not be practicing what
he preaches?