Gould 0738

Default (OT) Limbaugh admits addiction

Even the law treats people different who get addicted to pain killers via a
prescription for them vs. recreational drug users. Most DA's decline to
prosecute.
Bill

Unless they get a close up photo of Rush holding up a 7-11, there isn't a DA in
the country that would bring charges against him for anything.

I heard an interesting theory that might be medically valid.

Once addicted to the pain killers, the addict's body generates the sensations
of pain when the drug of choice is not readily available. Many of the addicts
feel that they *must* secure large quantities of these drugs illegally or
surreptitously to control the excruciating pain. However, once the addict goes
all the way through treatment and flushes the majority of the
narcotic out of his system, the psychosomatic "pain" mysteriously disappears.

Never personally had much of a problem, but I've been close enough to folks who
have had to fight various versions of the same demon to have some emphathy for
the ol' gas bag. Getting clean will be hell, but in the long run it will be
easier than staying clean. Nobody is ever completely cured. I wouldn't even
wish the misery on Rush Limbaugh.