Bill Andersen

Default does anybody here really know?

your name says it all.

"Ignoramus14603" wrote in message
In article , leon skunkers

wrote:
...why the hell we invaded Iraq?

I'll admit I can't come up with anything that makes sense.

My guess is, as to what went behind the closed doors, is that there
were two reasons:

1. Steal Iraqi oil and enrich Haliburton, etc, and lower oil prices in
time for the next election. The old "liebensraum" (living space) concept.

2. Occupy Iraq and use it as a fixed aircraft carrier in the quest for
world dominance. The thinking goes, occupying Iraq, it will be easier
to get Saudis or Iran or whatever other nation might be "next".

Unfortunately, it turns out that the Iraqis are not eager to pump out
their oil to enrich us, and also that instead of a good platform for a
conquest, Iraq consumed much of the US military manpower to the point
that it is much harder to mount more victorious blitzkriegs elsewhere.

leon skunkers

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 08:24:39 -0700, "Bill Andersen"
wrote:

your name says it all.

came up with the most plausible answer so far.

And your response to it says a ****load about you.

wrote:
...why the hell we invaded Iraq?

I'll admit I can't come up with anything that makes sense.

My guess is, as to what went behind the closed doors, is that there
were two reasons:

1. Steal Iraqi oil and enrich Haliburton, etc, and lower oil prices in
time for the next election. The old "liebensraum" (living space) concept.

2. Occupy Iraq and use it as a fixed aircraft carrier in the quest for
world dominance. The thinking goes, occupying Iraq, it will be easier
to get Saudis or Iran or whatever other nation might be "next".

Unfortunately, it turns out that the Iraqis are not eager to pump out
their oil to enrich us, and also that instead of a good platform for a
conquest, Iraq consumed much of the US military manpower to the point
that it is much harder to mount more victorious blitzkriegs elsewhere.

leon skunkers

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 15:35:45 GMT, "Bill"
wrote:

Ain't it the truth...

awwww...

ain't this CUTE?

wrote:
...why the hell we invaded Iraq?

I'll admit I can't come up with anything that makes sense.

My guess is, as to what went behind the closed doors, is that there
were two reasons:

1. Steal Iraqi oil and enrich Haliburton, etc, and lower oil prices in
time for the next election. The old "liebensraum" (living space) concept.

2. Occupy Iraq and use it as a fixed aircraft carrier in the quest for
world dominance. The thinking goes, occupying Iraq, it will be easier
to get Saudis or Iran or whatever other nation might be "next".

Unfortunately, it turns out that the Iraqis are not eager to pump out
their oil to enrich us, and also that instead of a good platform for a
conquest, Iraq consumed much of the US military manpower to the point
that it is much harder to mount more victorious blitzkriegs elsewhere.

Gary Warner

"Carolyn Louise leigh" wrote in message
No Brainer! OIL. Toss out all the smoke and mirrors. Every argument GWB

made
for War with Iraq was an echo of the 60's. My how short memories
become....

Operation Iraqi Liberation = OIL

Oh, wait, we better not call it that...

Gunner

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 14:18:44 -0400, "Carolyn Louise leigh"
wrote:

No Brainer! OIL. Toss out all the smoke and mirrors. Every argument GWB made
for War with Iraq was an echo of the 60's. My how short memories
become....

Cites?

Gunner

wrote:
...why the hell we invaded Iraq?

I'll admit I can't come up with anything that makes sense.

My guess is, as to what went behind the closed doors, is that there
were two reasons:

1. Steal Iraqi oil and enrich Haliburton, etc, and lower oil prices in
time for the next election. The old "liebensraum" (living space)

concept.

2. Occupy Iraq and use it as a fixed aircraft carrier in the quest for
world dominance. The thinking goes, occupying Iraq, it will be easier
to get Saudis or Iran or whatever other nation might be "next".

Unfortunately, it turns out that the Iraqis are not eager to pump out
their oil to enrich us, and also that instead of a good platform for a
conquest, Iraq consumed much of the US military manpower to the point
that it is much harder to mount more victorious blitzkriegs elsewhere.

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs
Gould 0738

Cites?

Gunner

You'll have to do your own research, but it shouldn't be hard to find Robt.
McNamara's
admission that the Gulf of Tonkin incident was staged to persuade a reluctant
US Congress to authorize a Texas President
to escalate the war in Viet Nam. Then, as now, the Haliburton/Brown and Root
cartel
got filthy rich as a result. Filthy.

Don't misinterpret- I'm not stating that 9-11 was staged. But the invasion of
Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11. Even the White House admits that plans for
invading Iraq were well under way in May of 2001, several months *before* 9-11.
(The specific charges of WMD and the implications of a nuclear arsenal *are*
fairly similar to the Gulf of Tonkin "incident.")
Richard Lewis

leon skunkers wrote:

talk about idiotic trolling.

Yeah, I know. I replied to her bull**** so I guess you have a point
in calling her a troll.

Now back to you, idiot?

ral

blaaarg.

Harry Krause

wrote:

No Brainer! OIL. Toss out all the smoke and mirrors. Every argument GWB made
for War with Iraq was an echo of the 60's. My how short memories
become....

Cites?

Gunner

Good grief...when did Gunner get released from the state hospital at
Chattahootchee?

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.