Bill Andersen

Default does anybody here really know?

your name says it all.

"Ignoramus14603" wrote in message
In article , leon skunkers

wrote:
...why the hell we invaded Iraq?

I'll admit I can't come up with anything that makes sense.

My guess is, as to what went behind the closed doors, is that there
were two reasons:

1. Steal Iraqi oil and enrich Haliburton, etc, and lower oil prices in
time for the next election. The old "liebensraum" (living space) concept.

2. Occupy Iraq and use it as a fixed aircraft carrier in the quest for
world dominance. The thinking goes, occupying Iraq, it will be easier
to get Saudis or Iran or whatever other nation might be "next".

Unfortunately, it turns out that the Iraqis are not eager to pump out
their oil to enrich us, and also that instead of a good platform for a
conquest, Iraq consumed much of the US military manpower to the point
that it is much harder to mount more victorious blitzkriegs elsewhere.