Calif Bill

Default (OT) Limbaugh admits addiction

Even the law treats people different who get addicted to pain killers via a
prescription for them vs. recreational drug users. Most DA's decline to
prosecute.
Bill

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Well, Rush did the right thing.

Step down, get treatment, and when he's a recovering addict it will be
appropriate for him to return.

It would have been really disappointing for him to continue on in denial,
especially as he has often stated he has less than no use for drug

addicts.

Didn't hear it, but I understand he made a
"confession" of sorts on the air before signing off. That had to take some
'nads.

Just because the guy is absolutley wrong on almost every position he

espouses
doesn't mean he should suffer harm. I hope he gets treatment, and

straightens
out.

It would be nice if something medical could be done for the acute pain

that he
says got him involved with the narcotic prescriptions he ultimately became
addicted to.

Then maybe when he's back behind the microphone, he might have a little
different perspective. He has preached that
behavior is strictly a matter of choice and that those who behave badly

are
just lazily choosing not to exercise self control.
Life has a funny way of shoving our worst misperceptions right back at us,
doesn't it?

Guess some things can be bigger than an individual's ability to

"bootstrap"
over.
Rush's misfortune should be a lesson to us all.