Default Floriduh

In article , says...

On 3/26/2012 2:22 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:17:55 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 3/26/12 12:03 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 00:48:58 -0700, wrote:

You're backwards from what I've read. It was Martin that was calling
for help and Zimmerman who was doing the straddling.

The guy in the white shirt (hoodie?)was on top. Zimmerman had a red
shirt

Whatever the case, Zimmerman was told to stand down and wait for
officers to arrive.

He was told "we don't NEED you to do that". Not "don't do that" or
even we don't "want" you to do that.

Stand your ground will not be a successful
defense and will get overturned in your state legislature.

Bad, stupid law.

If Zimmerman's story is right, he wasn't standing his ground, he was
trying to get back in his truck. (retreating)
That is why I am waiting to see what the FBI says.
We have had a lot of people using inflammatory rhetoric without
hearing one defense witness or even hearing the defendant's story.
That is not justice. It is a lynching

Zimmerman murdered a kid wearing a hooded sweatshirt and carrying a soft
drink and a bag of candy. There isn't the slightest bit of evidence that
the kid was in any way threatening the shooter. In fact, the evidence to
date indicates the kid was chatting on his cellphone with his girlfriend.

Martin's last words in that chat are Martin challenging Zimmerman,

If you are seriously threatened on the
street, and let the prosecutors try to prove you weren't defending
yourself.

What the defense is going to say. This may not be a stand your ground
case at all.

The original self defense law says "fear imminent bodily "harm" (not
death)"

Zimmerman sustained bodily harm.

How long would you and the rest of the pistolaros here tolerate
someone over you beating you up while you are on your back on the
ground. The physical evidence and all of the witness statements are
consistent with that story.
Witness says
White shirt on top of another guy who is crying like a child and
getting pummeled
Evidence shows
Grass and dirt on the back of Zimmernans RED shirt, Martin's WHITE
hoodie, the cut on the back of Zimmerman's head and the bloody nose.

Martin's father said that was not his son's voice on the 911 call.

I am still waiting to see what all of this investigation turns up but
those are the facts as I have seen them. I know it is tragic when
anyone dies but actions have consequences. If martin attacked
Zimmerman for following him, this is not what has been presented in
the media and they will need to walk back a lot of this rhetoric.

It is unlikely that the Florida courts would find him guilty even that
they return an indictment unless we find out a whole lot more than we
know now.

Did Martin have any injuries indicating Zimmerman hit him?
Was his hoodie dirty?
What was the bullet trajectory?
Are there any more witnesses or even a video?

At the end of the day it is up to the prosecutor to prove, without a
shadow of a doubt that Zimmerman's story is not true, That is a tough
hill to climb with the evidence we have seen so far.

I suppose Holder could prosecute him for a thought crime but that is
what it would be.

Great level headed write up Greg...

Yeah, we need idiot vigilantes who'll patrol the streets of suburbia and
kill any kid they see with a hoodie and a bag of candy.

wrote:

On 3/26/12 12:03 PM, wrote:
[...]

The MSM just loves to sensationlize this kind of stuff, and they are good at it. Just look at the NG fish they have already convinced that the incident happened a certain way, when the facts are not even known yet.

We had an infamous incident a few years ago where a young girl that had been missing for a few days suddenly showed up, claimimg to have been kidnapped and held at an underground bunker by some guy that lived nearby. The guy and the bunker were real, so the media declared him guilty on a dfaily basis and the general public demanded swift "justice".

Only problem was... after some time went by and the investigation got serious, the girl's story fell apart. She finally admitted that she'd just run away from home, broke into the bunker, and hid out there until she realized she'd screwed up. So she fabricated the story and staged the "getaway" to cover her butt.

Of course at that point, the guy was an outcast and had pretty much lost everything. At least they sold some papers and the evening news ratings went up.
jps jps is offline

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 14:22:41 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:17:55 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 3/26/12 12:03 PM,
wrote:
[...]

All one needs to know is that Zimmerman pursued the eventual victim,
after being told to stand down and wait for police.

He was not sanctioned or working on behalf of any organized
neighborhood program. He as carrying a weapon which is expressly
forbiden by any neighborhood watch programs.

This fat **** needed to stay in his car. A 17 year old kid would be
alive and no one would want to skin his fat ass alive.

On 3/26/2012 4:48 PM, jps wrote:
On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 14:22:41 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:17:55 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 3/26/12 12:03 PM,
wrote:
[...]

So, you feel that the best way to handle someone following you is to
approach them and begin to beat the **** out of them? Zimmerman is
probably guilty of several crimes including and not limited to unlawful
restraint, threatening, harassing, etc. If the evidence comes back that
he just shot Trayvon Martin or shot him while holding him at gunpoint,
he is probably guilty of at least second degree murder. Any and all of
these could change even more if it turns out Zimmerman had a racial
motive as the New Black Panthers have already decided. If it turns out
Martin attacked Zimmerman for following him, Zimmerman might be guilty
of firearms violations in the situation of self defence... We just don't
know yet. Those of you racists who have already decided, show your
ignorance and hate, each time you so blatantly want to throw the law and
the constitution under the bus for the sake of an emotional feel good
speech...

Personally, I think Zimmerman is *probably* guilty of several felonies
related to the firearm, probably guilty of knowingly putting himself
into a situation where it was very likely he was going to commit murder,
and very well *could be* guilty of some sort of racial hate crime or at
least race could have been a factor in the outcome of the night. That is
to say, I wonder if a white kid would have ended up getting shot... I
also note that if Martin had not been killed, it's not clear that he
would have not had charges against him too. This could be a case of an
over-reaction, followed by an over-reaction, followed by an over-reaction.

Zimmerman over reacted by chasing Martin
Martin over reacted by attacking Zimmerman
Zimmerman over reacted by shooting Martin

In the end, Zimmermann is probably way more "wrong" even if Martin had
not been shot.

I know, a rational, non-bigoted look at the situation based on the very
limited evidence we have available...

On 3/26/12 3:59 PM, Happy John wrote:
On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:56:05 -0400, X ` wrote:

On 3/26/12 12:46 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 3/26/2012 12:03 PM, wrote:
[...]

Once you have shaprton and farakahn involved, it can be noting else.
Neither one can pass up an opportunity to make a few dollars, a few
speeches, and stay at some nifty hotels...

You really need to keep your moron instincts at bay, little toad.

Your level of immaturity is showing again, Harry.

Uh-huh. The guy is a moron, period. As for your opinions, I give them
all the consideration they deserve.

Floriduh Fished Out Skipper General 35 February 4th 06 02:59 AM
Floriduh Slipping Away Skipper General 11 February 3rd 06 05:59 PM
Floriduh - A Passing Fad Skipper General 111 February 3rd 06 04:15 PM
Floriduh Boat Service Skipper General 7 January 31st 06 01:31 AM
Millions for the Taking in Floriduh Skipper General 17 October 28th 05 02:41 AM