Default no more politics for new years?

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 15:23:45 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Dec 10, 12:36*pm, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 12/10/11 1:19 PM, *e#c wrote:

On Dec 10, 12:03 pm, Black *wrote:
On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 19:58:29 -0500, *wrote:
anyone care to make a new year's resolution of turning this back into
a boating newsgroup?

i'll be the first to say i will NOT be the first to post ANYTHING non
boating related. of course, if some idiot chooses to do so then
anything can happen

so what do you think, crew...anyone up for the challenge?

I think your header is a good way to start. No politics or religion (added). I'd add a ban on
personal insults also.

Then, add no answering to the fools who violate the resolution. Just because someone can't stop
themselves doesn't mean you, or anyone else, should allow 'anything to happen'.

I notice Harry wished you well, but didn't say 'yes' or 'no'.

Also add NO RECIEPES, or MOTORBIKES, or GOLF, or ****TY TOYOTA TRUCKS,
or CANCER POSTS (call me a hard ass, but they're just too dam
depressing !!)

I'm in favor of all those "no-no's," and if you can add in grandchildren
and dumb dogs, it'll be a winner. Oh...I think recipes using seafood
you've caught are reasonable.

--http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/8272ug

Dogs and grandkids make good boating partners though. Motorbikes are
helpful. An aquaintance of mine has a 33 ft. Wellcraft on the Lake of
the Ozarks, and on it he has a couple of Honda Express motor scooters.
They use them after thy dock at other places and run around on them to
restaurants etc. Light enough to man handle over the side on the dock.
On the back of my old 27 ft. Chris craft, i was thinking on strapping
a 75cc honda to the swim platform for the same reason. Licensed, it
would have been great for going down the Illinois, to St. Louis, or up
to Peoria and running up town etc.

Motorcycles are cool.

I believe the folks who are against posts about kids, motorcycles, recipes, deck building, etc, are
simply against posts which are an attempt at socializing. I also think there's a lot of jealousy
there.

None of those type posts are the kind that cause the fighting, threats, insults, etc, except for
those who can't seem to partake in civil discussions.

alt.california, alt.rush-limbaugh, alt.impeach.bush, alt.politics.gw-bush, alt.politics.usa.republican, alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism, alt.politics.republicans, alt.culture.alaska,rec.boats [email protected] General 2 December 7th 08 10:59 AM
Something other than politics... Tom Francis - SWSports General 0 November 22nd 08 11:42 AM
Still better than politics... SmallBoats.com[_2_] General 16 November 2nd 08 03:56 PM
politics Wm. E. Fletcher General 0 October 12th 04 10:44 PM
No More Politics!!!!!!!!!! An Metet ASA 2 July 18th 04 10:13 PM