Tim Tim is offline

Default RAV4 - a girly 'truck'?

On Nov 20, 9:04*pm, JustWait wrote:
On 11/20/2011 9:40 PM, Tim wrote:

On Nov 20, 6:50 pm, X ` Mandump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com *wrote:
On 11/20/11 7:29 PM, North Star wrote:

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John * *wrote:
OK, some folks want to call it a 'truck'.

Yup, looks like a truck to me. Same color as Don's too.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5216/5...5fa4233b_b.jpg

Duh!
That is a 1st generation model.
My model is more like your wife's Highlander in size.
Sorry to disappoint you but my colour is a bronze/brown..........
pyrite mica to be exact.

Herring bought a truck four times the size he needed to tow his boat. D'oh.

And/or his camper. There's a good reason why too. Pulling his camper
with the Highlander the fuel mileage was anywhere from 8-12 mpg. the
diesel pickup gets double the mileage pulling either one, plus you not
only gain on the braking factor, but also the pulling response behind
a duramax is like the truck isn't pulling anything. *Better safety,
better economy, less wear and tear and less carbon footprint.

good decision.

Exactly. My bud down in Fla tows a lot of equipment. I ask him why he
always has the biggest p'up he can find. He says "any vehicle can tow my
trailers, but this one stops 'em better"... *He is thinking about the
folks around him on the road, not some pie in the sky troll ideology...

LOL! Yeah, That reminds me of a thread here some time ago about
somebody asking how good[?] of an idea it was to pull a 20' boat
behind an old Pinto or some other clap box like that..... Oh it
probably would if you didn't mind the back pumper dragging the
pavement with the front tires barely touching, not counting doing 30
in second gear. But if you had to do a hard stop?

shiver!

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John wrote:
[...]

Depends on how often and how far one tows one's camper, eh?

Absolutely incorrect, Dumbo,eh?

--
2012, the end of an error:-) Yee Haw!

In article ,
says...

OK, some folks want to call it a 'truck'.

Yup, looks like a truck to me. Same color as Don's too.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5216/5...5fa4233b_b.jpg

That's pretty!

In article b3ec31da-6993-4d61-a00a-7da64a323185
@i6g2000vbe.googlegroups.com, says...

On Nov 20, 6:31*pm, John H wrote:
OK, some folks want to call it a 'truck'.

Yup, looks like a truck to me. Same color as Don's too.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5216/5...5fa4233b_b.jpg

Duh!
That is a 1st generation model.
My model is more like your wife's Highlander in size.
Sorry to disappoint you but my colour is a bronze/brown..........
pyrite mica to be exact.

The key word is "wife's", girly mini SUV owner Suckling Don!

In article a8a5ac0b-db8d-4fc9-8562-5d8d7de70805
@m19g2000yqh.googlegroups.com, says...

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John *wrote:
OK, some folks want to call it a 'truck'.

Yup, looks like a truck to me. Same color as Don's too.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5216/5...5fa4233b_b.jpg

Duh!
That is a 1st generation model.
My model is more like your wife's Highlander in size.
Sorry to disappoint you but my colour is a bronze/brown..........
pyrite mica to be exact.

Herring bought a truck four times the size he needed to tow his boat. D'oh.

Guess he was making up for other shortcomings, eh?

Kind of like Harry's lies, eh Suckling Don?

In article 7dd5a112-8c67-412f-b012-9df0cb7e8108
@q9g2000yqe.googlegroups.com, says...

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John *wrote:
[...]

Harry doesn't have the skill sets to do anything like that so he
instantly hates on anybody that does.

In article , dump-on-
says...

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John wrote:
[...]

You freakin' idiot, it makes no difference how often and how far he tows
the camper. If he tows it one mile or one million miles, he's still
getting better mileage.

On 11/21/2011 8:47 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In articleh7SdnY8voJxMJlTTnZ2dnUVZ_tidnZ2d@earthlink .com, dump-on-
says...

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John wrote:
[...]

What did you expect from a liberally educated man? Logic? sense?
reasoning? honesty? etc. I was reading one of the "What can the liberal
arts graduate bring to the bargaining table" websites and, believe it or
not, some of the highlighted skills are *manipulation, deception,
ambiguity, stretching and bending facts. Some of the best and brightest
among them become lawyers. The rest go on to be writers and manuscript
editors.

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

On Nov 21, 9:47*am, iBoaterer wrote:
In article , dump-on-
says...

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John * *wrote:
[...]

getting better mileage.- Hide quoted text -

Yiikes... are you really that stupid?
If Johnny only towed his trailer/boat 5 miles from his house to his
favourite campground or launch... how could you justify the extra
expense of the big diesel truck compared to the useable Highlander,
that he already owned?
If you would only quit playing with your 'little head' and give your
'big head' a shake, things might make more sense.

In article d9019507-87e2-4865-9947-4998796001d0
@m7g2000vbc.googlegroups.com, says...

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John * *wrote:
[...]

Quite simple, but probably not for you. The cost of the truck is not in
the equation. Do you have to have a RAV4? You could get away with an
'80's model Ford Ranger to tow your rowboat. He got a truck because
trucks are very handy for hauling things. I have a truck as well.

I (heart) my RAV4! YukonBound General 5 June 8th 10 03:16 PM
Finally - a truck boat...or boat truck...or something... Tom Francis - SWSports General 0 October 17th 09 05:55 PM
Donnie! Something to wear while in the Pink RAV4! John H[_2_] General 0 June 13th 09 12:30 AM
Girly men Gilligan ASA 7 January 29th 05 01:47 AM
OT Is Bush a girly man? Jonathan Ganz ASA 0 August 6th 04 06:07 AM