Default RAV4 - a girly 'truck'?

On 11/21/2011 9:53 AM, North Star wrote:
On Nov 21, 9:47 am, wrote:
In articleh7SdnY8voJxMJlTTnZ2dnUVZ_tidn...@earthlink .com, dump-on-
says...

On 11/20/11 9:40 PM, Tim wrote:
On Nov 20, 6:50 pm, X ` Mandump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 11/20/11 7:29 PM, North Star wrote:

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John wrote:
OK, some folks want to call it a 'truck'.

Yup, looks like a truck to me. Same color as Don's too.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5216/5...5fa4233b_b.jpg

Duh!
That is a 1st generation model.
My model is more like your wife's Highlander in size.
Sorry to disappoint you but my colour is a bronze/brown..........
pyrite mica to be exact.

Herring bought a truck four times the size he needed to tow his boat.. D'oh.

And/or his camper. There's a good reason why too. Pulling his camper
with the Highlander the fuel mileage was anywhere from 8-12 mpg. the
diesel pickup gets double the mileage pulling either one, plus you not
only gain on the braking factor, but also the pulling response behind
a duramax is like the truck isn't pulling anything. Better safety,
better economy, less wear and tear and less carbon footprint.

good decision.

Depends on how often and how far one tows one's camper, eh?

You freakin' idiot, it makes no difference how often and how far he tows
the camper. If he tows it one mile or one million miles, he's still
getting better mileage.- Hide quoted text -

Yiikes... are you really that stupid?
If Johnny only towed his trailer/boat 5 miles from his house to his
favourite campground or launch... how could you justify the extra
expense of the big diesel truck compared to the useable Highlander,
that he already owned?
If you would only quit playing with your 'little head' and give your
'big head' a shake, things might make more sense.

Unlikely scenario. Next time the little boat you tow starts pushing your
car/suv down the highway when you are trying to brake or stop, a light
might come on in that thick skull of yours. Also the tail wagging the
dog syndrome affects little cars like yours, when towing. Like it or
not, the laws of physics are not affected by your cheapness and lack of
consideration for your fellow man, on the highways and byways

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John wrote:
[...]

I think herring also had or has a V8 4Runner, which is more than capable
of towing his boat, or his camper. You'd have to tow a whole lot, which
he does not do, to justify the price of that overgrown diesel truck, and
it's so large, you wouldn't want to drive it around town much. It's a
bitch to park in the city.

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John wrote:
[...]

Men of means have more than one vehicle at their disposal. Simply use
the one that matches the task at hand, oh one dimensional one.

--
Jack Schidt

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John wrote:
[...]

Gee, Jackoff, that must explain why we have a sedan for road trips, an
SUV to haul stuff around, a sports car and a motorcycle. No need for an
oversized pickup truck, since we no longer have a trailerboat.

On 11/21/2011 11:33 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In articleLeydnXwdTbG95VfTnZ2dnUVZ_t6dnZ2d@earthlink .com, dump-on-
says...

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John wrote:
[...]

Suddenly the conversation turns from Herring, who has a need for a
substantial truck to tow his toys, cross country safely, to Krause, who
will soon be trading his junk for an electric wheelchair. Won't be
needing that big red barn anymore.

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 19:05:04 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John * *wrote:
[...]

Well, from D.C. to Arizona and back. I'd say that's a pretty long
haul. Can't speak for them but I think they may be doing it again
next year. If it was me doing the towing, I'd much rather have a heavy
truck instead of a small SUV.

Poor Harry. Tries so hard.

You're right about the travel trailer. The diesel is much more economical, getting almost 50% better
mileage than the 4Runner.

Next time we come through your way we'll probably be pulling a fifth wheel. Looking at Open Range
models.

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John wrote:
[...]

You are confusing the NG geezers, so I changed my screen name.

Oh, and John has a nice truck, perfectly suited for its use.

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John wrote:
[...]

Poor Harry. Jealousy is a pure bitch, especially is there's a tad of narcissism involved.

I'm wondering if parking is a big problem in Huntingtown. I've no problem parking the truck wherever
I go, but maybe the spaces in Huntingtown are a lot tighter. Could be. Who knows?

On Nov 20, 6:31 pm, John wrote:
[...]

I can't think of one reason to be jealous of you, Herring. I don't envy
anything about you or your possessions, least of all your oversized
truck or your travel trailer. I can't think of a worse way to travel a
long distance than driving a big truck with a travel trailer behind it.
Blech.

I (heart) my RAV4! YukonBound General 5 June 8th 10 03:16 PM
Finally - a truck boat...or boat truck...or something... Tom Francis - SWSports General 0 October 17th 09 05:55 PM
Donnie! Something to wear while in the Pink RAV4! John H[_2_] General 0 June 13th 09 12:30 AM
Girly men Gilligan ASA 7 January 29th 05 01:47 AM
OT Is Bush a girly man? Jonathan Ganz ASA 0 August 6th 04 06:07 AM