Default Charlie Cook Sees GOP Winning Big in 2012

On 11/22/2011 8:11 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 11/21/11 11:45 PM, jps wrote:
On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 08:59:42 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

On 11/21/11 8:46 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 00:24:51 -0500,
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 22:31:43 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 17:02:02 -0500, wrote:

In ,
says...

you're the one betting on polls a year before the election. go
back to
your security blanket.

Obama could be beat by any republican with a pulse. Too bad they
haven't found that one yet.

yeah. that's cuz aint no republican wiht a pulse

I really think the GOP wants Obama to win so it will be a democrat
who
makes the cuts to SS and Medicare that we are going to have to do.

sorry sport. that's already on the table

what terrifies the GOP is raising taxes on the rich

the GOP has no problem destroying the middle class. but god forbid the
rich should pay an extra buck in taxes for all the damage they caused

Washington DC doesn't have a revenue problem, they have a spending
problem. Everyone is looking for the solution from on wrong side of the
ledger.

D'oh. Stop channeling the moronic GOP leaders in the house and senate.

Where was Bertie when we started bombing rocks in Afghanistan and
unseating Saddam? Bush had a spending problem called war. And, he
was the one who pushed through the medicare drug bill that put us even
further in debt.

Funny, didn't hear Bertie say a damned thing when all that spending
was goin' on.

Bertie was shivering in a corner, hoping and praying he wouldn't get
called up and sent to a combat zone.

Now that's projecting ones shortcomings onto another. Mommy use her
political connections to see to it that you didn't get drafted?

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

wrote:

[...]

His daddy bought him a spot in the one university that would take him...

wrote:

[...]

Fascinating how you simps demonstrate your ignorance and stupidity over
and over and over and over and over.

On 20/11/2011 11:58 AM, California Rocket Scientist wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 12:41:14 -0800 (PST), TopBassDog
wrote:

Pay attention Herr Krause; you too JIPS- I know the odds are against
it, but there remains hope that you both may learn something.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/was...ng-big-in-2012

We need to face it, we're a nation that claims to be fiscally
conservative, yet we never tire of goofy wars to name just one
bizarre contradiction. Then when we see the bill we look to elect
somebody new no matter what crazy claims he makes as long as he
doesn't mention our previous assinine decisons, or criticize us for
making them. The latest crazy claims are that the applicants can make
up for the 5 trillion cost of the middle east fiasco by cutting taxes
further and getting rid of the EPA, unions, etc. Who'd be dumb enough
to believe that except for maybe 51% of the voters? So Cook could be
right. God help us.

Need to get rid of "In Debt We Trust!" and put God back in there.

Dishonored debt is a sin. Unpaid debts is a form of theft.
--
All successful people have one thing in common, if even for a moment
they think rationally.

On 11/22/11 1:52 PM, Canuck57 wrote:

Need to get rid of "In Debt We Trust!" and put God back in there.

To be fair, we should alternate that moronic aphorism with others, such as:

In Unicorns We Trust

In the Tooth Fairy We Trust

And so forth

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 23:59:40 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:39:33 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

not enough. not enough at all. they pay 15%. i pay 28%

Bull****.

If you pay 28% you are one of the 1%.

Two people, no kids, making a combined $100k end up paying about 11%
taking the standard deduction.

not too smart are you? 28% is middle class income:

http://taxes.about.com/od/Federal-In...1-Tax-Year.htm

•10% on taxable income from $0 to $8,500, plus
•15% on taxable income over $8,500 to $34,500, plus
•25% on taxable income over $34,500 to $83,600, plus
•28% on taxable income over $83,600 to $174,400, plus
•33% on taxable income over $174,400 to $379,150, plus
•35% on taxable income over $379,150.

no wonder you're right wing. you're too stupid to be anything BUT....

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:39:33 -0500, wrote:

not enough. not enough at all. they pay 15%. i pay 28%

Bull****.

If you pay 28% you are one of the 1%.

Two people, no kids, making a combined $100k end up paying about 11%
taking the standard deduction.

not too smart are you? 28% is middle class income:

http://taxes.about.com/od/Federal-In...1-Tax-Year.htm

•10% on taxable income from $0 to $8,500, plus
•15% on taxable income over $8,500 to $34,500, plus
•25% on taxable income over $34,500 to $83,600, plus
•28% on taxable income over $83,600 to $174,400, plus
•33% on taxable income over $174,400 to $379,150, plus
•35% on taxable income over $379,150.

no wonder you're right wing. you're too stupid to be anything BUT....

Bull****, the tables you quoted are for taxable income, not gross income
you dumb**** loser.

With deductions a more typical is about 25% as the marginal (not
average) tax rate.

Man you're on stupid idiot.

On 11/22/2011 4:18 PM, bpuharic wrote:
On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 23:59:40 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:39:33 -0500, wrote:

not enough. not enough at all. they pay 15%. i pay 28%

Bull****.

If you pay 28% you are one of the 1%.

Two people, no kids, making a combined $100k end up paying about 11%
taking the standard deduction.

not too smart are you? 28% is middle class income:

http://taxes.about.com/od/Federal-In...1-Tax-Year.htm

•10% on taxable income from $0 to $8,500, plus
•15% on taxable income over $8,500 to $34,500, plus
•25% on taxable income over $34,500 to $83,600, plus
•28% on taxable income over $83,600 to $174,400, plus
•33% on taxable income over $174,400 to $379,150, plus
•35% on taxable income over $379,150.

no wonder you're right wing. you're too stupid to be anything BUT....

Those are the rates for "taxable" income after deductions, credits, etc.
And we do NOT pay 28% on the whole "taxable" amount. There are
brackets below the 28% bracket where the applied tax is lower.

From your cite the first 8.5K is taxed at 10%. From 8.5K to 34.5K is
taxed at 15% and so on. Thus the net percentage paid is lower that 28%
for the bracket under discussion.

But you're too stupid to know that. I hope your account is smarter than
you are.

http://taxes.about.com/od/Federal-In...ates-For-The-2...

•10% on taxable income from $0 to $8,500, plus
•15% on taxable income over $8,500 to $34,500, plus
•25% on taxable income over $34,500 to $83,600, plus
•28% on taxable income over $83,600 to $174,400, plus
•33% on taxable income over $174,400 to $379,150, plus
•35% on taxable income over $379,150.

no wonder you're right wing. you're too stupid to be anything BUT....

Who does your taxes Bob?

Let's start with $100,000 (you can follow along with your 1040 book)
You start out reducing your taxable income by $11400 for the standard
deduction

Then you reduce it by $7300 for 2 exemptions

You have 81300 that you take to the tax table

You get $12, 694 *but you are not done yet

Now you subtract $800 from that for the "make work pay" tax credit

Your tax on $100,000 is $11,894
That is 11.9%, not 28%

That is for someone with no mortgage deduction, no kids no other
deductions.

but don't let facts confuse what Olbermann is telling you.- Hide quoted text -

Good Lord... does that cover both Federal and State income taxes?