point loma

Default '84 28' Bayliner Contessa

I am looking at an '84 28' Bayliner Contessa. The price is under $16K
with 480 hours on the boat. Boat is in good condition. Any words of
wisdom on this boat?
RGrew176

Go to: www.boc-web.org

They will be able to give you some good information and answer any questions
you may have.

RGrew176

Actually the correct link is:

www.baylinerownersclub.org

There are two kinds of pedestrians -- the quick and the dead.

Gould 0738

I am looking at an '84 28' Bayliner Contessa. The price is under $16K
with 480 hours on the boat. Boat is in good condition. Any words of
wisdom on this boat?

Lot of boat for the money. Nine skazillion sold over the years. Too much
superstructure for the beam and draft, IMO, but others will disagree. (Tippy in
beam seas with more than one or two people on the flybridge.) Very tight
quarters in the cabin, but again that's just my opinion. If you can live with
the limitations, it is a lot of boat for the money and it's easy to see why
people continue to buy them.

Have your surveyor (yep, even at this price range......got $16k to throw away?)
pay extra attention to the cored hull to make sure it has stayed dry. Probably
has a Volvo duoprop outdrive......look very carefully at that as well as the
engine.
$$Big to overhaul. Low hours on a 20 year old boat don't automatically equate
to good mechanical condition.

New one on me - Laminate Flooring Black-n-Gold General 117 October 16th 03 06:50 PM
Prop Size 1990 Bayliner 22.55 Ciera Sunbridge J K General 1 September 15th 03 10:32 PM
Bayliner 2858 Command bridge (1987) Manitoumagic General 4 September 2nd 03 12:23 AM
Bayliner Bashing JML General 8 August 5th 03 01:04 PM
'89 Bayliner 2.3 Engine puked Rpk General 1 July 22nd 03 11:06 PM