Default I thought they were supposed to be melting?

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 14:26:04 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Nov 6, 11:22*am, jps wrote:
On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 11:54:32 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Nov 5, 8:12*am, iBoaterer wrote:
In article 3047049c-3cfa-4006-92f6-6fb2727f41a4
@bq8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com, says...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...ve-new-iceberg...

Huh? whadda you know?

Tim surely you're not using this to suggest that global warming isn't
happening, are you?

I dunno. *I'd always thought that glaciers and giant ice shelves were
melting away because the earth was getting warmer, then you hear about
a massive chunk of ice forming and....

I know we had a decent frost last night, but it's November, we're
supposed to have a decent frost last night.

I assume you like somewhere in the middle of the country and are
completely unaware of the weird weather most of the country has been
expeiencing the past year.

Are you aware of the spike in tornados?

uh-huh

They get lots of spikes when they pick up railroad tracks.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

now that's the truth. Or hit a hardware warehouse.

wrote:

On Nov 5, 8:12 am, wrote:
In article3047049c-3cfa-4006-92f6-6fb2727f41a4
@bq8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com, says...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...ve-new-iceberg...

Huh? whadda you know?

Tim surely you're not using this to suggest that global warming isn't
happening, are you?

I dunno. I'd always thought that glaciers and giant ice shelves were
melting away because the earth was getting warmer, then you hear about
a massive chunk of ice forming and....

I know we had a decent frost last night, but it's November, we're
supposed to have a decent frost last night.

I assume you like somewhere in the middle of the country and are
completely unaware of the weird weather most of the country has been
expeiencing the past year.

Are you aware of the spike in tornados?

So far weather has been changing for 4.5 billion years and this year was
mild by comparison. And the predictions from the sane say the same
thing is in store for the next 4.5 billion years.

Are you saying the ending of the ice age was caused by man? Oh, the shame of it all.

No, just that weather changes are normal occurrences for earth and that
we are at the mercy of mother nature. Irrational fleabagger can wish
for static weather, but it isn't going to happen. On Mars the polar
caps have melted and I realize my SUT didn't do it.

Even if we don't acknowledge it, change is always happening.

But I am sure a fleabagger could equate the ice ages to todays fossil
fuels. Maybe he darwins wan NY City to be under a kilometer of ice.
--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.

wrote:

On Nov 5, 8:12 am, wrote:
In article3047049c-3cfa-4006-92f6-6fb2727f41a4
@bq8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com, says...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...ve-new-iceberg...

Huh? whadda you know?

Tim surely you're not using this to suggest that global warming isn't
happening, are you?

I dunno. I'd always thought that glaciers and giant ice shelves were
melting away because the earth was getting warmer, then you hear about
a massive chunk of ice forming and....

I know we had a decent frost last night, but it's November, we're
supposed to have a decent frost last night.

I assume you like somewhere in the middle of the country and are
completely unaware of the weird weather most of the country has been
expeiencing the past year.

Are you aware of the spike in tornados?

uh-huh

The real spikes are 1) media puts more on the press than they used to
and 2) out of chance, a few bigger cities got hurt.

But where is the proof they are increasing? I mean proof? Not the
fleabagger Daily FUD crap.

--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.

On 06/11/2011 4:54 PM, wrote:

wrote:

On Nov 5, 8:12 am, wrote:
[...]

He probably is, but I don't know anybody else that is sane or without
a monetary interest saying that global warming is CAUSED by man.

Hey, I don't doubt man has impact on the environment. Some good, most
bad. But I question the green brain farts motives. 99% of it is just
government sponsored academic bull**** tax greed.

#1 cause of the earths environmental issues isn't carbon tax related,
isn't oil, isn't coal, isn't anything else but:

We have over populated the planet in a way that is sustainable in the
long term.

I cite that in warmer periods of earths history biodiversity was much
better than today. So in fact a little warming might be a good thing.
But as we cross 7 billion people, and as the Pacific fisheries collapse
from over fishing and pollution, we might want to ask what their kids
are going to eat.

For green knobs, it seems like to get the government grants you have to
tow the government line for more tax excuses. The fleabaggers don't
understand, this isn't a tax problem, it is a population one.

Take Tokyo Kyoto, then Japanese knowingly wash radio activity in the
ocean and where is Greenpeace or the other eco farts? Pushing carbon
taxes. Funny, carbon is recyclable, particulate (dirty) iridium,
plutonium, uranium and other heavy metals are not.

Freaking green farts would have their wish though, if we had a lack of
carbon in the atmosphere, this would be typical of massive ice ages
where human population would certain diminish if not perish. ertainly
would fix the pollution problems.

Which is less toxic? A F150 rusting out or a Volt in a dump or field?
If you said Volt, you would be wrong. Lithium and Cadmium batteries
alone are not very good environmental additives.

Fact is, todays green initiatives are short sighted, not technically
well founded and politically driven junk science bull****.

OTOH, I think there are a lot of reasons to believe that man
CONTRIBUTES to global warming.

But I dispute the over all degree of impact. Ice melting on Mars too.
My SUT do that? Green knobs need to give their head a shake. There is
a lot more at play than greedy government initiated knee jerk taxation.

Did it ever occur to these eco-fleabaggers we have a Sun that has
seasons? Or that solar motion has multiple seasons? Far too many
eco-fleas think so single dimensionally they can't even equate the
possibilities let alone calculate them.

Only our arrogance says we can predict weather for 200 years but can't
get it right for 7 days.

I do believe we incorrectly state the whole problem.

Bottom line, this planet will not have 7 billion plus people on it in
100,000 years. One way or another some big wipe outs are going to come
our way.

wrote:

On Nov 5, 8:12 am, wrote:
[...]

Please don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/2011/9#temp

I got a kick out of some ego-fleabagger's statement on Toronto weather
being so much warmer than 100 years ago.

They measured in in forest back then. Today they measure it over hot
concrete and pavement. I bet it is warmer downstream of a nuclear plant.

And the most biodiversity time period in earths history was considerably
warmer than today, in fact we are on average on the cooler side of things.

Pretty hard to live in Toronto Ontario in teh last ice age, you would
have 3 km of ice over your head. So much ice, it gouged out the great
lakes. Atmospheric carbon was low though. So was life diversity.

On 11/6/11 7:36 PM, Canuck57 wrote:

We have over populated the planet in a way that is sustainable in the
long term.

Do the world a favor: off yourself and your entire family. No one will
miss your presence and the earth will thank you.

wrote:

On Nov 5, 8:12 am, wrote:
[...]

But how much, and to what end... The world has been hotter and colder
than now, it has changed faster than it is changing now, and it will
probably stay in the long run, pretty similar to what it is now...

The world has a great climate control system in the whole spinning
thing. Too much heat will make for more hurricaines which take a
tremendous amount of heat energy and spin it out to the poles where it
can dissipate. If the world gets warmer, more hurricnes, if the world
gets colder, less hurricanes, pretty simple really. I think the world
has things under control and it is doing what it does, just fine. More
hurricanes means something maybe us, maybe the sun, maybe both are doing
what they do to the earth. The earth will respond and balance things out
like it's been doing for 4 billion years...

wrote:

On Nov 5, 8:12 am, wrote:
[...]

And you base this on the many university level science courses you took,
right?

wrote:

On Nov 5, 8:12 am, wrote:
[...]

Whew! Now I feel a lot less guilty for killing all those animals that died at the end of the last
ice age.

Hell, I feel guilty enough for killing off all the dinosaurs when man caused *that* bit of global
climate change.