BoatBanter.com

-   -   I thought they were supposed to be melting? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/141284-i-thought-they-were-supposed-melting.html)

Tim November 5th 11 02:07 AM

I thought they were supposed to be melting?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...ntarctica.html

Huh? whadda you know?

iBoaterer[_2_] November 5th 11 01:12 PM

I thought they were supposed to be melting?

In article 3047049c-3cfa-4006-92f6-6fb2727f41a4
@bq8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com, says...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...ntarctica.html

Huh? whadda you know?

Tim surely you're not using this to suggest that global warming isn't
happening, are you?

Tim November 5th 11 06:54 PM

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...ve-new-iceberg...

Huh? whadda you know?

Tim surely you're not using this to suggest that global warming isn't
happening, are you?

I dunno. I'd always thought that glaciers and giant ice shelves were
melting away because the earth was getting warmer, then you hear about
a massive chunk of ice forming and....

I know we had a decent frost last night, but it's November, we're
supposed to have a decent frost last night.

John H[_2_] November 5th 11 07:23 PM

On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 11:54:32 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Nov 5, 8:12*am, iBoaterer wrote:
In article 3047049c-3cfa-4006-92f6-6fb2727f41a4
@bq8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com, says...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...ve-new-iceberg...

Huh? whadda you know?

Tim surely you're not using this to suggest that global warming isn't
happening, are you?

I dunno. I'd always thought that glaciers and giant ice shelves were
melting away because the earth was getting warmer, then you hear about
a massive chunk of ice forming and....

I know we had a decent frost last night, but it's November, we're
supposed to have a decent frost last night.

The article says the calving has nothing to do with global warming.

"The formation of an iceberg is called "calving," and while it's a semi-regular event -- and likely
not related to global warming -- it's still pretty cool."

I'm surprised the LA Times didn't blame it on global warming and ask everyone to send more money to
Al Gore.

iBoaterer[_2_] November 5th 11 08:38 PM

I thought they were supposed to be melting?

In article a5792354-8e7e-4344-8dd2-d4d42922ed51
@ek5g2000vbb.googlegroups.com, says...

On Nov 5, 8:12*am, iBoaterer wrote:
In article 3047049c-3cfa-4006-92f6-6fb2727f41a4
@bq8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com, says...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...ve-new-iceberg...

Huh? whadda you know?

Tim surely you're not using this to suggest that global warming isn't
happening, are you?

I dunno. I'd always thought that glaciers and giant ice shelves were
melting away because the earth was getting warmer, then you hear about
a massive chunk of ice forming and....

I know we had a decent frost last night, but it's November, we're
supposed to have a decent frost last night.

But it's not forming, it's calving off of the ice sheet.

iBoaterer[_2_] November 5th 11 08:40 PM

I thought they were supposed to be melting?

In article ,
says...

[...]

It certainly does not say that the "calving has nothing to do with
global warming". You far right wingers sure can stretch the truth! What
is says is that it's "LIKELY" not related to global warming.

jps November 6th 11 05:22 PM

wrote:

On Nov 5, 8:12*am, iBoaterer wrote:
In article 3047049c-3cfa-4006-92f6-6fb2727f41a4
@bq8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com, says...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...ve-new-iceberg...

Huh? whadda you know?

Tim surely you're not using this to suggest that global warming isn't
happening, are you?

I dunno. I'd always thought that glaciers and giant ice shelves were
melting away because the earth was getting warmer, then you hear about
a massive chunk of ice forming and....

I know we had a decent frost last night, but it's November, we're
supposed to have a decent frost last night.

I assume you like somewhere in the middle of the country and are
completely unaware of the weird weather most of the country has been
expeiencing the past year.

Are you aware of the spike in tornados?

Canuck57[_9_] November 6th 11 05:28 PM

wrote:

On Nov 5, 8:12 am, wrote:
In article3047049c-3cfa-4006-92f6-6fb2727f41a4
@bq8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com, says...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...ve-new-iceberg...

Huh? whadda you know?

Tim surely you're not using this to suggest that global warming isn't
happening, are you?

I dunno. I'd always thought that glaciers and giant ice shelves were
melting away because the earth was getting warmer, then you hear about
a massive chunk of ice forming and....

I know we had a decent frost last night, but it's November, we're
supposed to have a decent frost last night.

I assume you like somewhere in the middle of the country and are
completely unaware of the weird weather most of the country has been
expeiencing the past year.

Are you aware of the spike in tornados?

So far weather has been changing for 4.5 billion years and this year was
mild by comparison. And the predictions from the sane say the same
thing is in store for the next 4.5 billion years.

--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.

John H[_2_] November 6th 11 08:57 PM

wrote:

On Nov 5, 8:12 am, wrote:
[...]

Are you saying the ending of the ice age was caused by man? Oh, the shame of it all.