Default Perry's Bold Proposal for America

September 7, 2011

Perry Outlines Bold Proposal to Repeal Twentieth Century
Cost-cutting Plan Involves Time-travel, God

AUSTIN (The Borowitz Report) – In a sneak preview of Wednesday night’s
Republican presidential debate, Gov. Rick Perry of Texas today unveiled
an ambitious plan to cut trillions from the Federal budget by repealing
the twentieth century.

“Wasteful programs such as Medicare, Social Security, and school lunches
for poor children all got their start in that infernal century,” the GOP
frontrunner told an enthusiastic crowd of supporters in Austin. “So if
you want to cut the budget, the only way to do that is for every man,
woman and child in this country to travel back in time.”

While acknowledging that his proposal was unorthodox, Gov. Perry said he
was confident that time-travel was possible because “I saw Superman do
it in a movie one time.”

“And I’ve got someone even mightier than Superman to help me out with
this,” he said. “Fella by the name of God.”

Gov. Perry said that at an appointed time, he would ask every American
to pray to God to send the country back to the nineteenth century:
“Basically you just need to click your heels together and say ‘There’s
no place like home.’”

The presidential hopeful said he knew that critics would be skeptical of
his plan, but added that he was “living proof” that it was possible to
travel back in time: “For example, my haircut is from 1975.”

Shortly after his speech, rival candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn)
blasted Gov. Perry for borrowing from her own plan to take the country
back to the Middle Ages.

But in a positive piece of news for the Texas Governor, a new poll shows
him leading the pack among voters who describe themselves as delusional.

From Andy Borowitz, the funniest political commentator, period.

--
I'd much rather be a champion of the powerless than a lickspittle of the
powerful.

On 9/7/11 7:48 AM, X ` Man wrote:
[...]

From Andy Borowitz, the funniest political commentator, period.

I thought you preferred the intellectual discourse in Facebook. It
looks like you have lost all of your Facebook "friends" and have to post
your drivel over here.

On 9/7/11 7:59 AM, Your Name Here wrote:
On 9/7/11 7:48 AM, X ` Man wrote:
[...]

From Andy Borowitz, the funniest political commentator, period.

I thought you preferred the intellectual discourse in Facebook. It looks
like you have lost all of your Facebook "friends" and have to post your
drivel over here.

Thanks for the bump, Loogy.

X ` Man wrote:
[...]

From Andy Borowitz, the funniest political commentator, period.

You find that funny? That was lame as hell, silly boy!

-HB

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_831278.html

On 07/09/2011 5:48 AM, X ` Man wrote:
September 7, 2011

Perry Outlines Bold Proposal to Repeal Twentieth Century
Cost-cutting Plan Involves Time-travel, God

I can smell your fleabagger fear from here.

Just have Bernanke electronically counterfiet more debt for your kids
eh? No longer any need to pay your bills with real money, Obama will
borrow it....

Your a greedy selfish slug.

Time you low life debt welshers start paying your bills with real money.
--
First rule of holes: If your in one, don't keep digging.
So in the hole, why do we insanely want more debt?

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 16:26:04 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

On 07/09/2011 5:48 AM, X ` Man wrote:
September 7, 2011

Perry Outlines Bold Proposal to Repeal Twentieth Century
Cost-cutting Plan Involves Time-travel, God

I can smell your fleabagger fear from here.

Just have Bernanke electronically counterfiet more debt for your kids
eh? No longer any need to pay your bills with real money, Obama will
borrow it....

Your a greedy selfish slug.

Time you low life debt welshers start paying your bills with real money.

What you smell is the flea powder your neighbors finally used on you
while you were asleep.

A Modest Proposal for...Gene hk General 12 August 24th 08 01:47 AM
A reasonable Proposal Reggie Smithers General 24 December 28th 05 12:53 AM
Proposal for new groups Michael ASA 1 November 7th 04 06:16 PM
4 bold vs 2 Bolt block bob General 4 August 16th 04 02:56 PM