BoatBanter.com

-   -   Living longer? Not in US (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/134532-living-longer-not-us.html)

Harryk July 5th 11 01:19 AM

Living longer? Not in US

On 7/4/11 7:53 PM, Wayne B wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 12:48:57 -0400,
wrote:

I suppose in what passes for your mind, you think those million
non-combatant asians deserved to die, and that we were justified in
invading vietnam, cambodia and thailand and waging war there.

Decisions that were initially made by well known liberal Democrat,
John Fitzgerald Kennedy, and further reinforced by another well known
Democrat named Lyndon Baines Johnson.

Or have you forgotten those facts?

I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time.

So much for your war mongering conservatives theory.

I wasn't attributing the immoral war in SE Asia to any particular
politicians, but, if you were a student of history, you would know that
the rationale was formulated during the Eisenhower administration, as
part of what became the SEATO treaty.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

Harryk July 5th 11 01:25 AM

Living longer? Not in US

On 7/4/11 8:05 PM, I_am_Tosk wrote:
In , says...

On 7/4/2011 2:11 PM, Harryk wrote:
On 7/4/11 12:34 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 4, 11:01 am, wrote:
On 7/4/11 11:53 AM, Tim wrote:

On Jul 4, 8:25 am, wrote:
On 7/4/11 9:08 AM, John H wrote:

On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 18:09:11 -0400, wrote:

On 7/3/2011 5:46 PM, Harryk wrote:
On 7/3/11 5:45 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 3 Jul 2011 13:30:17 -0700 (PDT), John

wrote:

On Jul 3, 1:17 pm, wrote:
On Sun, 3 Jul 2011 05:27:38 -0700 (PDT), John

wrote:

On Jul 2, 9:37 am, Wayne
wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 04:07:00 -0700 (PDT), TopBassDog

wrote:
On Jul 2, 1:31 am, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:13:35 -0400, Wayne B

wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 09:58:12 -0400,

wrote:

No one doubts we have some of the most advanced medical
technologies,
research, and facilities. But if you measure systems by
life
expectancy,
the United States, at 37th in the world for both men and
women, is not
even close to having the best.

If you leave out the 20 to 30% of the US population with
unhealthy
lifestyles (drugs, alcohol, violence, etc.), the numbers
look
quite
different. Yes I know, it's really not fair to leave out
all of
those
democrats, but it is what it is.

So, if someone lives in a bad neighborhood, is a law-abiding
citizen,
but is a victim of gun violence, it's that's person's
fault? Or, if
all they can afford to buy is cheap food from the local,
poorly
stocked store, it's their fault. Basically, that's what
you're
saying.

No D'Plume. It is all YOUR fault. YOUR fault for allowing
the armed
person to prey on the law-abiding citizen due to economic
strife or
what ever else you can blame on society to put the person
into a
league of criminal activity due to desperate circumstances.

It is also YOUR fault that people can't control their poor
eating
habits due to you not setting up education and health food
services
for them. Not counting inviting them into your home and
cooking for
them.

Poor D'Plume. You are a toad in society. You are not, and
will
not do
enough for the poor, helpless, and needy..

Trying to engage Ms. D'Parrot in an intelligent and reasoned
debate is
an excercise in futility. Her mind is firmly made up and is
not about
to be easily confused by the facts. That said, store owners
in poor
neighborhoods, like store owners everywhere, know their
customers and
stock what sells. If people are buying vegetables and dairy
products,
they'll stock vegetables and dairy products. If people are
buying
Hostess Twinkies and malt liquor, they'll stock that
instead. It is a
tribute to our wonderfully enlightened policies that people
can
actually use government food stamps to buy junk food, and
it sells
very well.

Wayne. Please stop calling Deplume 'D'Parrot'. Yes, I know, she
strongly resembles, with her behavior, a dimwitted African
grey. But,
that is no excuse to participate in name-calling.

(There, deplume, does that make you happy?)

Well, there we are. Proof positive that you're a hypocritical
liar.
You've proved your a racist in other posts, but I was
wondering how
long it would take to demonstrate your low-brow lying. You're
really
working hard to move to the top of the idiot list, but
Knuckles is
still king of the hill.

Well, I guess that didn't make you happy. At least it didn't
hurt your
name calling. I suppose you're practicing right now.

(Note the correct usage of 'your' and 'you're'. You're
starting to
sound like Loogy. He fixed his problem though.)

As I said, you're a liar. You've proved it over and over. Feel
free to
correct everyone's typos if it makes you feel more a man.

Herring gave up his manhood when he participated in the murder of a
million innocent SE Asians during his term in uniform.

You went from boy to pussy when you made your life choices. You
can't
take that back and do it over. Having to live your life as a
sniveling
coward and suffering the ridicule is your reward. Enjoy

Harry persists in comparing me to John Kerry. Only I didn't lie
about my service. And, Kerry was
Harry's hero.

Nice try at deflection, herring. My response was about you and your
participation in the war against the Vietnamese. If you were there,
you
helped kill a million innocent Asians.

Sow as my 20 yr old cousin, yeah the baby butchering sob. But they got
back at him and that's why his name is on "The Wall" Paybacks are a
bugger.

You think the innocent non-combatant Asians had a hand in that? I wasn't
discussing the North Vietnam forces or the Viet Cong; I was talking
about the million non-combatant Asians who died as a result of the
moronic war we waged against Viet Nam.

I'm sure you are aware of the mid and late 20th century history of Viet
Nam and how it was **** upon by western powers and Japan. We had no
business waging our war against those people.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

I didn't say we did, but it's detestable to criticize those who
responded to their call of duty.

One could say that about the soldiers of any regime - Japan, Germany and
Italy during WW II, North Korea, both Vietnams, the United States...

Then why do you do it, Asshat?

You need to understand that Harry Krause is just trolling, trying to
play the axis allies card, but like so many other lines of **** he
plays, he doesn't know what he doesn't know. My dad used to talk about
the respect real soldiers have for others in uniform, even if they
happen to be the heroes to someone else you are shooting at. But Harry
being a coward, with no moral core, or no real sense of honor, wouldn't,
couldn't understand that even if you tried to explain that to him.

You really shouldn't comment on posts you are not intellectually capable
of understanding.

Are you saying your father had respect for the thug soldiers in the
German army who specialized in killing non-combatant civilians? If that
is the case, it is no wonder you are so ****ed in the head.

I_am_Tosk July 5th 11 01:27 AM

Living longer? Not in US

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 12:48:57 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

I suppose in what passes for your mind, you think those million
non-combatant asians deserved to die, and that we were justified in
invading vietnam, cambodia and thailand and waging war there.

Decisions that were initially made by well known liberal Democrat,
John Fitzgerald Kennedy, and further reinforced by another well known
Democrat named Lyndon Baines Johnson.

Or have you forgotten those facts?

I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time.

So much for your war mongering conservatives theory.

Quite frankly I can't see why you and Tim would even engage Krause in
such a conversation, knowing how he feels about military and honor..
Just sayin'..

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

I_am_Tosk July 5th 11 01:30 AM

Living longer? Not in US

In article ,
says...

On 7/4/11 12:34 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 4, 11:01 am, wrote:
On 7/4/11 11:53 AM, Tim wrote:

wrote:

On Jul 3, 1:17 pm, wrote:
On Sun, 3 Jul 2011 05:27:38 -0700 (PDT), John

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I said what I said... you are just don't have the tools to understand
such issues being a coward and a snitch....

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

[email protected] July 5th 11 01:33 AM

Living longer? Not in US

wrote:

I suppose in what passes for your mind, you think those million
non-combatant asians deserved to die, and that we were justified in
invading vietnam, cambodia and thailand and waging war there.

Decisions that were initially made by well known liberal Democrat,
John Fitzgerald Kennedy, and further reinforced by another well known
Democrat named Lyndon Baines Johnson.

Or have you forgotten those facts?

I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time.

So much for your war mongering conservatives theory.

I believe it was Eisenhower who first talked about the domino theory.
And, we sent aid money for the French mission, established our own
military mission, and "advisors" in the early 50s. We were training
their military in 1956.

Get your facts straight. You're an ideological wanna be, apparently.

Wayne B July 5th 11 01:43 AM

Living longer? Not in US

wrote:

I suppose in what passes for your mind, you think those million
non-combatant asians deserved to die, and that we were justified in
invading vietnam, cambodia and thailand and waging war there.

Decisions that were initially made by well known liberal Democrat,
John Fitzgerald Kennedy, and further reinforced by another well known
Democrat named Lyndon Baines Johnson.

Or have you forgotten those facts?

I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time.

So much for your war mongering conservatives theory.

Quite frankly I can't see why you and Tim would even engage Krause in
such a conversation, knowing how he feels about military and honor..
Just sayin'..

The irony of our friend's holier than thou attitude was just a little
too rich to let it go.

Now he's blaming Eisenhower for Vietnam which is amusing to say the
least.

I_am_Tosk July 5th 11 01:55 AM

Living longer? Not in US

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I guess you are right. Been up to the CT River yet?

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

Califbill July 5th 11 02:00 AM

Living longer? Not in US

"Harryk" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

[...]

reply:
Groundwork was laid by Truman (d), letting the French back in to Indochine
in 1948.

[email protected] July 5th 11 03:36 AM

Living longer? Not in US

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 18:00:19 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

"Harryk" wrote in message
om...

wrote:

[...]

Really? Truman "let" the French back in. That's new.

[email protected] July 5th 11 03:36 AM

Living longer? Not in US

wrote:

[...]

Well, nobody is "blaming" Eisenhower. What he and I are doing is
pointing out that you're nearly as ignorant as Knuckles.